Closed Thread
Page 566 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 516 556 564 565 566 567 568 576 616 ... LastLast
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Anyway, fail of the day is waking up at 5:30am, showering, making coffee, and walking out the door.

It's Columbus Day.

I stink.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Anyway, fail of the day is waking up at 5:30am, showering, making coffee, and walking out the door.

It's Columbus Day.

I stink.
    Your second fail is apparently shower-based.

My fail of the day is that I woke up at 7 AM and drove 7 hours home to come into work for 2 hours.

It's Columbus Day.

...but my advisor expected me to be in lab.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Box fan for my home gym died.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Ok fair enough I guess I ruined the joke.
    you didnt so much as ruin the joke, as much as completely miss where me and zet were going with it

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    you didnt so much as ruin the joke, as much as completely miss where me and zet were going with it
    At least it is in the fail thread.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Ordered a Surface 3 Pro with keyboard cover for the agency director's secretary who is leaving tomorrow on vacation/business trip. Get the Surface 3 in today, but no fucking keyboard cover.....

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Went to stop n shop to buy an almond milk and string cheese. Almond milk was on sale, so I bought two, and $60 worth of other garbage. Fiance's going to be pissed lol it's pretty much nothing she'll eat all frozen veggies and healthy stuff.

We're pretty much broke right now saving for this silly wedding thing. Protip: don't go shopping hungry, apparently two cups of coffee and two string cheeses aren't enough food.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Went to stop n shop to buy an almond milk and string cheese. Almond milk was on sale, so I bought two, and $60 worth of other garbage. Fiance's going to be pissed lol it's pretty much nothing she'll eat all frozen veggies and healthy stuff.

We're pretty much broke right now saving for this silly wedding thing. Protip: don't go shopping hungry, apparently two cups of coffee and two string cheeses aren't enough food.
    Just go fucking elope and have a party after lol. I'm only half joking as I know depending on families and beliefs it's not that "easy".

On the food part yeah fuck shopping when hungry or in my case fucking hormonal. I've totally back pedaled and the house is filled with sugar ugh.
    As for budgeting I highly recommend www.budgetbytes.com for awesome, easy and won't break the bank recipes.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Just go fucking elope and have a party after lol. I'm only half joking as I know depending on families and beliefs it's not that "easy".
    Reminds me of an old fail of mine.

When planning my wedding back in the day I often would joke that I should just elope in Vegas, but then say I couldn't because my mom would want to see me having the full thing.

When my parents came out to cali weeks leading up to the wedding, my mom said to me, "Geez this is a lot of work, you should have just gotten married in Vegas!"

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Haha that's pretty hilarious. We had a low key wedding if 20 people, married at Emerald Bay in South Lake Tahoe and after my dress which was only like 600 with alterations,photography,wedding gifts , cake , maid of honor dress , mini honeymoon to Reno and dinner at a restaurant still ran around 6k.

Not one regret mind you but we've attended weddings far larger and I can't fathom it.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Haha that's pretty hilarious. We had a low key wedding if 20 people, married at Emerald Bay in South Lake Tahoe and after my dress which was only like 600 with alterations,photography,wedding gifts , cake , maid of honor dress , mini honeymoon to Reno and dinner at a restaurant still ran around 6k.

Not one regret mind you but we've attended weddings far larger and I can't fathom it.
    I managed to do an 80? (I forget, around there) person wedding and honeymoon cruise for 7k XD.

My wedding...didn't go all that great, but the reception was awesome.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    I'll be honest when I say that I don't get the reactions, but that isn't terribly new I suppose. If someone would like to explain the confusion to me, that'd be great.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

That's actually a pretty accurate representation of how I feel around here most days, yes.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Oh man, saved for eternal usefulness.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Haha fucking perfect.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

That is incredible.

As far as the wedding, so far:

Venue/reception 13k 100 people
    DJ + photo booth ~3k
    Photographer+engagement photos ~2200

Her dress is about 1200 but her mom is paying for it.

So we're going to be pushing 20k at least before the honeymoon, which we're looking at Italy/Greece/Paris so that'll be at least 5k.

Shit sucks.

There's literally zero chance, regardless of my income, that I would ever pay that much for a wedding.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So glad the wife and I had a county clerk officiate in the local office. Quick and easy. We probably stayed engaged for an extra 3-4 years just because neither of us wanted to deal with the arrangements.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by VeganCrossfitWOWRaidKILLA View Post
    There's literally zero chance, regardless of my income, that I would ever pay that much for a wedding.

Boyiee aren't you from CT? Or am I confusing you with someone else? New England that shit and have it at like an old chapel and do a picnic afterwards. One day is not worth 20k.

In your defense, I know people who spent like 30k+. Boggles my fucking mind.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Clash Perez View Post
    So glad the wife and I had a county clerk officiate in the local office. Quick and easy. We probably stayed engaged for an extra 3-4 years just because neither of us wanted to deal with the arrangements.
    Honestly if it wasn't stupid unexpected stuff at my wedding, I would have been extremely happy with the way everything was set up. 7k is not that bad imo, and we paid it off in like two years. (Could have done it faster, but I was an idiot and put a lot on CC.)