Closed Thread
Page 215 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 265 ... LastLast
    The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

so, i shit you not, i am going through withdrawal from my goddamn anti-diarrhea medicine (loperamide).

i started a new treatment (Remicade) on the 15th, and a few days later my guts went into SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING mode, which is extremely painful, as my flora never get the memo and keep turning food into gas. I figured this was due to the new drug changing the tempo of my guts to a more normal pace, it having previously been insanely fast. Before I started taking the loperamide, I would occasionally pass undigested food as quickly as ~30 minutes after eating it. With the loperamide (at the maximum recommended dose), I managed to bring that frenetic pace down to a scale of hours, which made doing things like leaving the house possible. Very much a good thing. With the Remicade, this seems to have become my new normal, though really it's far too early to tell. And, as I will explain, there are other factors at work. Being the smart fellow that I am, I figured that having my normal adjusted, and then taking the loperamide on top of that new normal, was probably the cause of my sudden shut-down. So, being the veteran Crohnie that I am, I decided to stop taking my loperamide. It's an Over The Counter (OTC) medication, and I and my parents have been taking it (my parents somewhat intermittently) without incident for a long time, so shouldn't be too problematic, right?

FUCKING WRONG, SHITHEAD

Turns out it's an opiate-derived drug, which probably explains why it works so well for me: opioids put my guts into immediate shutdown mode. Now, as you may know, Opioids are fucking strong, and addictive, and cause withdrawal when you stop taking them. Opioids include such venerable painkillers as vicodin, tramadol, and mothafuckin morphine. Now, Loperamide isn't a fully-fledged opioid. It's a derivative. But it has a lot of similar effects, and apparently, if you take absolutely insane amounts, you can actually get high on it. I mean it about insane: The blogs I was reading were talking about 80 pills a day. THAT'S MORE THAN A WHOLE BOTTLE. Unless you get a scrip. The largest bottle I've seen OTC contained 72 pills and came in a two-pack, and cost like 30 bucks. Shit would add up, especially since, as I discovered, it fucking sucks to stop.

So, anyway, I stopped taking the loperamide on the 17th, and by the 19th I'd started to see some strange symptoms. I was getting hot/cold flashes. I was getting jittery, unable to sit still. It was becoming hard to focus. Sleep became nearly impossible, coming but a few hours at a time. The gas was slow to disperse, as it always is, which made things even more unpleasant. I would wake in agony, as fresh gas had been manufactured and gotten stuck, and I would go sit on the toilet and try to pass as much as I could. Often quite a lot, but never quite all. I finally took to my usual message boards to find out if anyone else had experienced anything like this, and learned all the shit I described above.

The gas has mostly passed now, and the lack of focus seems to have faded, but I'm still jittery/restless as all fuck and getting temperature swings. Still hard to sleep. Very unpleasant, but better than the gas. I considered going back on it and tapering down, but didn't want to risk another bout of constipation. By far the worse symptom. So I'm riding this shit out cold turkey, and kicking myself for not fucking doing the goddamn legwork like i usually do. i got too comfortable with my meds, didn't take them seriously enough, and now I pay the price.

Fortunately, I wasn't anywhere near the dosages the addict bloggers talked about (i usually stayed within the recommended daily limit, and never took more than two pills in less than 3 hours) so the symptoms don't seem to be as severe as they talk about. And I don't think they'll last as long; As I said, I'm already improving somewhat. But still; lesson learned. Don't ever get too comfy with your medication. Not ever.

Update: no sleep at all last night. Getting hard to focus again, just from lack of sleep. almost shit myself. twice. there are other potential culprits for the constipation, so i may end up going back on loperamide (at a lower dose, because i'm definitely still operating at a slower speed) here soon. we'll see

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The company I am working for is going through a long and drawn-out transition to new ownership and buying out some of the current investors. It has caused us to lose almost all of our customers and piss off every one of our suppliers. For the last 3 pay-periods I have been getting paid with checks written from one of the owners. That's all well and good except I have no proof of income and no proof of taxes paid. 2 weeks ago I tried to apply for student loans for this Fall. Since I have no proof of income past the 1st of March, I am considered unemployed and cannot take out any new loans through my CU. So I cannot finish my degree because some greedy investors in New York are dragging their feet trying to lower the value of the company before they buy it.

At least I got a $2000 scholarship...too bad that only covers 4 classes.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Saw the dentist today as we were supposed to do the second half of the deep cleaning. Determined I don't need it (yay random win) but found out why my jaw still hurts 12 days after wisdom tooth removal. The tooth on my right was partially covered in bone that they had to cut out before segmenting the tooth. So that + the hour of keeping my mouth open, the jaw joint is just ridiculously sore. Today it's been better but god damn this sucks. Good news is they checked for dry socket and that part is at least healing well.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

well i ended up taking one loperamide. let me get some sleep, didn't shut down my guts. so that's the ticket. withdrawal sucks ass.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    so, i shit you not, i am going through withdrawal from my goddamn anti-diarrhea medicine (loperamide).

i started a new treatment (Remicade) on the 15th, and a few days later my guts went into SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING mode, which is extremely painful, as my flora never get the memo and keep turning food into gas. I figured this was due to the new drug changing the tempo of my guts to a more normal pace, it having previously been insanely fast. Before I started taking the loperamide, I would occasionally pass undigested food as quickly as ~30 minutes after eating it. With the loperamide (at the maximum recommended dose), I managed to bring that frenetic pace down to a scale of hours, which made doing things like leaving the house possible. Very much a good thing. With the Remicade, this seems to have become my new normal, though really it's far too early to tell. And, as I will explain, there are other factors at work. Being the smart fellow that I am, I figured that having my normal adjusted, and then taking the loperamide on top of that new normal, was probably the cause of my sudden shut-down. So, being the veteran Crohnie that I am, I decided to stop taking my loperamide. It's an Over The Counter (OTC) medication, and I and my parents have been taking it (my parents somewhat intermittently) without incident for a long time, so shouldn't be too problematic, right?

FUCKING WRONG, SHITHEAD

Turns out it's an opiate-derived drug, which probably explains why it works so well for me: opioids put my guts into immediate shutdown mode. Now, as you may know, Opioids are fucking strong, and addictive, and cause withdrawal when you stop taking them. Opioids include such venerable painkillers as vicodin, tramadol, and mothafuckin morphine. Now, Loperamide isn't a fully-fledged opioid. It's a derivative. But it has a lot of similar effects, and apparently, if you take absolutely insane amounts, you can actually get high on it. I mean it about insane: The blogs I was reading were talking about 80 pills a day. THAT'S MORE THAN A WHOLE BOTTLE. Unless you get a scrip. The largest bottle I've seen OTC contained 72 pills and came in a two-pack, and cost like 30 bucks. Shit would add up, especially since, as I discovered, it fucking sucks to stop.

So, anyway, I stopped taking the loperamide on the 17th, and by the 19th I'd started to see some strange symptoms. I was getting hot/cold flashes. I was getting jittery, unable to sit still. It was becoming hard to focus. Sleep became nearly impossible, coming but a few hours at a time. The gas was slow to disperse, as it always is, which made things even more unpleasant. I would wake in agony, as fresh gas had been manufactured and gotten stuck, and I would go sit on the toilet and try to pass as much as I could. Often quite a lot, but never quite all. I finally took to my usual message boards to find out if anyone else had experienced anything like this, and learned all the shit I described above.

The gas has mostly passed now, and the lack of focus seems to have faded, but I'm still jittery/restless as all fuck and getting temperature swings. Still hard to sleep. Very unpleasant, but better than the gas. I considered going back on it and tapering down, but didn't want to risk another bout of constipation. By far the worse symptom. So I'm riding this shit out cold turkey, and kicking myself for not fucking doing the goddamn legwork like i usually do. i got too comfortable with my meds, didn't take them seriously enough, and now I pay the price.

Fortunately, I wasn't anywhere near the dosages the addict bloggers talked about (i usually stayed within the recommended daily limit, and never took more than two pills in less than 3 hours) so the symptoms don't seem to be as severe as they talk about. And I don't think they'll last as long; As I said, I'm already improving somewhat. But still; lesson learned. Don't ever get too comfy with your medication. Not ever.

Update: no sleep at all last night. Getting hard to focus again, just from lack of sleep. almost shit myself. twice. there are other potential culprits for the constipation, so i may end up going back on loperamide (at a lower dose, because i'm definitely still operating at a slower speed) here soon. we'll see
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

someone tl;dr that shit for me

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    brave soul man, laughing at medical conditions.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Not gonna lie, I did laugh at the first line but then I saw how long the post is.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    someone tl;dr that shit for me
    lol

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

lol. first line is the tl;dr. i stopped taking one of my meds (anti-diarrhea) and it turned out i was on a high enough dose to experience withdrawal. jitters, hot/cold flashes, the works. fortunately, not so bad as an addict would get, since i generally stayed within the recommended dosing limits.

i ended up taking it again just to sleep, but at a lower dose/less frequently. seems to be enough to alleviate the worst of the withdrawal for a while.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Woke up this morning ahead of schedule. Checked hockey news, laughed at MAF, all is going great. Then I hear a gagging sound...dog puked. Go clean it up, get a Gravol to give her...refuses to take it, when I get a bit more agitated trying to get her mouth open, she pisses in fear.

Morning went from :D:D:D:D to --------________________-------------

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I miscalculated my insulin for what I ate last night and woke up sick this morning with 403 blood sugar. Have to call out, since I know it will take me most of the day to feel better. Wake up around noon shaking and now my blood sugar crashed down to 60 and I'm starving and I end up eating Pringles....and I ate the whole can before I realized it >.> Stoopid Diabeetus.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Forgot to do laundry, so I have no towels. So I just dried myself with paper towels after a shower.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Hahaha

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Lost my cool in court today. Defense kept asking the dumb ass question of why a criminal background check isn't initially done on a victim of sexual assault.

Ooo, more on that if ya can Xno? I like court related stories. Embellish it a bit, too, if ya want. Throw in some kool aid man bursting in through a wall.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Airenn View Post
    Ooo, more on that if ya can Xno? I like court related stories. Embellish it a bit, too, if ya want. Throw in some kool aid man bursting in through a wall.
    This!

I love court stories, even more if it includes someone embarrassing a defense attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Lost my cool in court today. Defense kept asking the dumb ass question of why a criminal background check isn't initially done on a victim of sexual assault.
    I don't know what state you're from, but it's not completely unheard of for police to run background checks on victims of crimes. If automatic background checks are done on any victims, they should be done on all victims, in my opinion. Any inconsistency would be more than a touch unjust.

New York is a good, recentish example.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Blubbartron View Post
    I don't know what state you're from, but it's not completely unheard of for police to run background checks on victims of crimes. If automatic background checks are done on any victims, they should be done on all victims, in my opinion. Any inconsistency would be more than a touch unjust.

New York is a good, recentish example.
    That sounds like a great way to promote reporting that rape! Someone assaulted you then raped you? Don't worry, we are going to check your background to make sure you didn't deserve it.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yeah honestly sounds like victim blaming, like there isn't enough of that already being done.