Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Does the au lait cap at 110?

I need 9k GP before I can break 100 but that'll be ideal.
    wanna say around 107? somewhere in there. its not cap but its close. Either way to that to cap and thats less of the kitron shit you have to deal with. (if its even worth capping, havent seen what tiers you break at 110 yet).

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Do we know what Blenmot's rings cap at yet? They can't be too high, as I broke only one of 17 skilling up(100+5 skill), but also haven't seen a single skillup since I hit 101.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

o cooks y u b so mad?

Atleast your synth materials dont drop from fucking voidwatch and are mostly all hexed gear

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Um Guitarman; Lemon juice caps at 100 at least, but it could cap at 107; I haven't seen a solid number on it though.

the au lait is Expert rank so it prolly caps at 110, but that is untested, at least that I know of. If someone can confirm it'd be appreciated since that's the least disgusting. I'm frankly not too surprised since with the latest recipes, Square has <3d to add a lot of HELM to the cooking. But it kinda pigeon holes you into one recipe.

So NynJa; I'm not really that angry tho some who don't have time to HELM for the dragon fruit are hopping mad. (I'm planning on going whm/brd for helming dragon fruit myself.)

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kalasin View Post
    Do we know what Blenmot's rings cap at yet? They can't be too high, as I broke only one of 17 skilling up(100+5 skill), but also haven't seen a single skillup since I hit 101.
    Talk to the NPC that gives you the full list, if you can see it in the list, you've hit cap for that item.

I'd gladly HELM for dragon fruit over this shit:

Blenmot's Ring
    Bone / Alchemy
    Wind crystal
    Oxblood
    Vivified Coral
    2 HOly water
    1 Hallowed Water

Dark Ixion Ferrule
    Bone
    Wind Crystal
    1 DI Horn

Hexed Jacket
    Bone/Leather/Cloth
    Earth Crystal
    Gold Thread
    2 Velvet Cloth
    Malboro Diber <-ffxiah.com says that ALL servers have it listed at below NPC value, wont pop on AH often
    Befouled Silver <-Lord Ruthven
    Penelope's CLoth <- VW/Legion drop
    Staghorn Coral <- VW/Legion drop
    Sealord Leather <- Bismark only VW drop

Sea Torques
    BG Level

DI Ferrule is 101. Ring is going over 101 for sure at least, not too bad to make if you know someone who can make the water.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orak Itty
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Ghostlands

I'm not looking forward to skilling leather above 100, atm wondering what sealord leather cap is, might be the cheapest if it caps high, just ranked upto Expert.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    o cooks y u b so mad?

Atleast your synth materials dont drop from fucking voidwatch and are mostly all hexed gear
    My post contained no quantities of mad. Cooking skill ups are slightly inconvenient with the HELMing, but they are not gouge-out-your-eyes-and-wallet awful. Getting Walnuts is a bit of a pain in the ass, but at least I can go out and get them if I so desire. It will separate the chefs from the Food Network stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    Um Guitarman; Lemon juice caps at 100 at least, but it could cap at 107; I haven't seen a solid number on it though.

the au lait is Expert rank so it prolly caps at 110, but that is untested, at least that I know of. If someone can confirm it'd be appreciated since that's the least disgusting. I'm frankly not too surprised since with the latest recipes, Square has <3d to add a lot of HELM to the cooking. But it kinda pigeon holes you into one recipe.

So NynJa; I'm not really that angry tho some who don't have time to HELM for the dragon fruit are hopping mad. (I'm planning on going whm/brd for helming dragon fruit myself.)
    I think that Kitron Juice caps at 100 since the NPC who gives you the comprehensive recipe list has it. I suspect that Walnut Cookies cap about 102-103 and that Date Tea, Smoldering Salisbury Steak, and Dragon Fruit au Lait will cap between 105 and 106. (Since the guys who give out those recipes generally give them to you when you are 2-3 and 5-6 skill under the recipe.) Himesama Rice Ballswill probably take us to 110.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

well that gives me an easier path. dawn mulsum to 97, walnut cookie to 98 (because fuck 80k/stack apkallu eggs), date tea to cap then the rice balls for final push. allows cooks to bypass the dragon meat/royal jelly nightmare.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    well that gives me an easier path. dawn mulsum to 97, walnut cookie to 98 (because fuck 80k/stack apkallu eggs), date tea to cap then the rice balls for final push. allows cooks to bypass the dragon meat/royal jelly nightmare.
    What nightmare? Red Curry Buns took me from 95 > 100 at a profit, including breaks.

Buy dragon meat low, sell curry buns high, etc

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    You will have to farm your own Walnuts and Dates. With two 2 stacks of axes and 3 hours in East Ronfaure, I managed to get 17 Walnuts. I can't imagine that dates would be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    What nightmare? Red Curry Buns took me from 95 > 100 at a profit, including breaks.

Buy dragon meat low, sell curry buns high, etc
    Whippersnapper! When I leveled to 100, Dragon Meat was almost non-existent! We had to go to the Crawler's Nest and farm up our own Royal Jelly. If we did somehow manage to get a dragon meat, we couldn't even turn that red curry into a bun! And let me tell you, we walked uphill in 3 feet of snow to get the the Crawler's Nest back then, and we had walk uphill in 5 feet of snow to get back to Jeuno!

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Abyssea killed the game by flooding the AH with dragon meat!

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Heh Nynja. I think the more dragon meat thing was a improvement.

Anyway, I think the better path is curry to 101, cookies to cap if you can get the mats (My feelings are EFF puku eggs and walnuts though. I can farm puku eggs in aby but they are slow droppers, even with my 99 thf with full th (I even have +2 gloves) tho YRMV.) then au lait to cap, then the rice balls to 110.

Also, date tea is disgusting because you have to helm two things, and I understand (again, YRMV.) that getting imperial tea leaves can be quite a long pain in the butt from a friend of mine. Um..

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Can someone make a link or a sticky with the references for what +skill the guild furnishings do? I can't keep it straight, despite the # of times its been repeated.

Edit:

The reason I ask is I bought 50k Guild Point item for cooking, thinking it was +5 skill static. This apparently isn't the case, based on the Red Curry Bun run I just did.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Check the last few pages of the Crafting RQT. Basically the 15,000 GP stall gives +5 by itself and does not stack with other furnishings.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by TSFFXI View Post
    Check the last few pages of the Crafting RQT. Basically the 15,000 GP stall gives +5 by itself and does not stack with other furnishings.
    And does not stack, interesting. How are people reaching like 111 before the crafting cap increase then?

I'll repeat this in RQT actually, to avoid de-rail.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    And does not stack, interesting. How are people reaching like 111 before the crafting cap increase then?

I'll repeat this in RQT actually, to avoid de-rail.
    70k(1)+apron(1)+adv(3)+stall(5) + if youre a cook, hocho(3)
    makes 111

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wait, the stalls do not stack with other furnishing? Then the other stuff is a 350,000GP hole?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    Wait, the stalls do not stack with other furnishing? Then the other stuff is a 350,000GP hole?
    Correct and yes

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Also torques out there like this:
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10954/alchemst-torque