BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: New Recipes (3/26/2012)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Goldsmithing approximate lvls based on recipes given and already discussed here.

ugol moufles/sollerets evader earring and palladian brass sheet/chain is 99-102. Someone mentioned Sollerets/chain were 101-104 so that makes them 101-102

hexed gambieras/ugol haubert/ugol brayettes/hexed coronet/ugol salade/hexed gauntlets/silver cassandra 103-108

Which seems to leave hexed haubert as the only thing in gold above 108. I'd nail down a more specific lvl except it requires 3 of an ingot that has only sold once and can't find info on it... not to mention freya's tears. Goddamn gold sucks even more now lol

Finally talked to the guy says he got Ormolu Ingot from Vanasarvik. Guessing droprate is just so poor no ones reported it yet

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Wait wait wait I thought all autobreaks resulted in full loss. I can try but being 98 might limit it especially since it's looking like only 1-2 recipes might be that high. Also bg wiki goldsmithing page seems broke. It has like 4 recipes on it total...
    Not broken, no one has given that poor page any love. I am working on a method to rectify this though...

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Goldsmithing approximate lvls based on recipes given and already discussed here.

ugol moufles/sollerets evader earring and palladian brass sheet/chain is 99-102. Someone mentioned Sollerets/chain were 101-104 so that makes them 101-102

hexed gambieras/ugol haubert/ugol brayettes/hexed coronet/ugol salade/hexed gauntlets/silver cassandra 103-108

Which seems to leave hexed haubert as the only thing in gold above 108. I'd nail down a more specific lvl except it requires 3 of an ingot that has only sold once and can't find info on it... not to mention freya's tears. Goddamn gold sucks even more now lol

Finally talked to the guy says he got Ormolu Ingot from Vanasarvik. Guessing droprate is just so poor no ones reported it yet
    To add to this, since having the 98-perspective info is just too convenient to pass up- the 100-perspective npc suggestions are:
    100 or less: ugol moufles, evader earring, and palladian brass sheet
    101-104: palladian brass chain, ugol brayettes, ugol solerets, amood, ugol salade, silver cassandra, hexed gambieras
    105-110: hexed haubert, hexed gauntlets, ugol haubert, hexed coronet

so:
    99-100: ugol moufles, evader earring, palladian brass sheet
    101-102: palladian brass chain, ugol solerets
    103-104: ugol brayettes, ugol salade, silver cassandra, hexed gambieras
    105-108: hexed gauntlets, ugol haubert, hexed coronet
    109-110: hexed haubert

Just need to keep track of suggestions until 103 at worst and exact levels will pop out. 100.2 now so... almost there? /sigh

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well since I can skillup a little cheaper than you for now I can help out some + I'm 98.5. Busy buying up any oricalcum I can. Can almost garrauntee Haubert is 110 since I think all recipes have been found... unless they really didn't leave us a way to get to 110.

Btw what are you skilling up on? Silver cassander or elemental rings seems to be the cheapest... however brass chain/sheet goes into other recipes. Also are elemental rings really 102? None of the npcs talk about them at all...

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Well since I can skillup a little cheaper than you for now I can help out some + I'm 98.5. Busy buying up any oricalcum I can. Can almost garrauntee Haubert is 110 since I think all recipes have been found... unless they really didn't leave us a way to get to 110.

Btw what are you skilling up on? Silver cassander or elemental rings seems to be the cheapest... however brass chain/sheet goes into other recipes. Also are elemental rings really 102? None of the npcs talk about them at all...
    All sources say bead rings cap at 102, which either means they cap at 102... or they don't (obligatory xkcd). I dug around a bit when the cap went up to try to find the underlying tests backing that up, but never found anything. They're at least 101, so that's what I'm doing until I can't anymore. Even if they were a dead loss, two O ingots destroyed (which covers silver cassandra too, but the side ingredients cost more) is still vastly preferable to even one palladian brass or ormolu ingot/dawon pelt, which eliminates all eight new synths from contention unless someone actually wants to buy the results. Which eliminates the ugol crap immediately, and puts the hexed stuff on shaky ground (I keep meaning to post a random question along the lines of "does any of this stuff fit into any good build for any of its jobs" but lazy).

The terrible quality of ugol is such that it also kills the intermediate palladian material synths as viable skillups, since they're not even used in the slightly-maybe-viable hexed synths. It's possible that this will eventually lead to the ore prices falling enough to make ugol stuff an acceptably cheap skillup path, but it certainly hasn't happened yet, and since it seems like Provenance is the main source, supply is likely to dry up eventually too. So overall, the current skillup outlook for gold is pretty dim.

Generally, I think the smartest approach for a lot of guilds, but especially gold, is to just break the cap when you can get cheap materials, and then hold until 120 comes along with new (hopefully less bad) synths, which will be reachable with the available +10 skill (or more for the luckier guilds). I say "especially gold" because of that new tier of +stat rings/earrings that have been lurking in the test server .dats for about two major patches now. Doesn't really matter how bad the materials for those are (within sanity)- there'll be a market for them. That being said, I'm still throwing gil at it personally until the orichalcum-based synths run out, because I'm more obsessive-compulsive than I am smart, and I can't help myself.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I figure what else am I gunna do make a 4th relic? Still not sure if I will keep going after gun though. Especially considering there has only been 1 Ormolu...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I figure what else am I gunna do make a 4th relic? Still not sure if I will keep going after gun though. Especially considering there has only been 1 Ormolu...
    You could always complain to a cook that you are poor.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Aumaan_Kujata View Post
    so:
    99-100: ugol moufles, evader earring, palladian brass sheet
    103-104: ugol brayettes, ugol salade, silver cassandra, hexed gambieras
    109-110: hexed haubert
    Just hit 99 soo... update

99: palladian brass ingot
    100: ugol moufles, evader earring, palladian brass sheet
    103: hexed gambieras, ugol brayettes, ugol salade
    104: silver cassandra,
    110: hexed haubert

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    It drops from Voidwatch, probably everywhere at a really low rate.

Also, if people are skilling up in the 90s at the moment it would be nice if you could check recipe levels exactly using the 10-below engaged-crafting trick:
    1) Get the mats for a synth that's probably 10-15 levels above you.
    2) Go engage a monster and use try to synth it (the synth will auto-break but you'll only lose the crystal if successful, or it won't let you synth if you're more than 10 levels under).
    3) Adjust your skill until it lets you synth (you won't lose mats).

Assuming none of the recipes are over 110, it should be possible for someone to test all of their levels exactly with the mats and Stall/2 armors from level 90.
    You mean 15 levels, right? Unless I am remembering something very wrong, you can attempt a synth up to 15 levels above. 16 and higher and it won't let you try.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, sorry 15.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

99: palladian brass ingot
    Great additional level data overall (silver cassandra being 104 is surprising but possibly very nice, can stretch the orichalcum skillup range a bit farther- has any other "old" synth turned up that's that high in any craft?), but are you sure about the ingot level? I had it flagged as sub-99 before because you didn't mention it in your original level range post. Also, have you had Amood suggested by any of the npcs? I've got it in the 101-104 range currently, and I suspected it was on the low end because it was old, but apparently that's not a good assumption. Not that it's all that relevant unless scintillant ingots get a bit cheaper. 100.4 now, so someday I'll be able to split that 101-102 batch and knock a bit off the 105-108, unless you beat me there, heh.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Winged Balance moved to the lower tier guy when I hit 101 BC, that'd make it 105?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Radec View Post
    Winged Balance moved to the lower tier guy when I hit 101 BC, that'd make it 105?
    Yep, that's the current theory. Guess bone tentatively wins the "hardest synth in the game but not anymore" award.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Aumaan_Kujata View Post
    Great additional level data overall (silver cassandra being 104 is surprising but possibly very nice, can stretch the orichalcum skillup range a bit farther- has any other "old" synth turned up that's that high in any craft?), but are you sure about the ingot level? I had it flagged as sub-99 before because you didn't mention it in your original level range post. Also, have you had Amood suggested by any of the npcs? I've got it in the 101-104 range currently, and I suspected it was on the low end because it was old, but apparently that's not a good assumption. Not that it's all that relevant unless scintillant ingots get a bit cheaper. 100.4 now, so someday I'll be able to split that 101-102 batch and knock a bit off the 105-108, unless you beat me there, heh.
    Not really sure if I just failed to mention it before or it didn't offer it for some reason (or maybe just didn't click enough there are a few recipes from 99-102) but it just went to the npc that offers stuff your lvl or lower. Yeah I haven't mentioned old recipes due to the name of the thread but I know I had it on lower npc at lvl 98 and maybe 97 not sure. So with your 101-104 that puts it 101-102. Also for some other old recipes that have misinformation out there. Verdun and shining rings are also 99.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

so attempted to make cursed breastplate -1 the other day at 101 smithing and ended up with multiple skillups, so its at least 102 smithing maybe more gonna try again after i hit 102

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

That would have made it impossible to Tier 1 pre-patch regardless of its sub crafts and can safely end that debate, eh?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

my thoughts fucking exactly.. person on my server was absolutly convinced they could t1 it, and tried and failed for me, then i got them another set of mats then decided to up and quit with all 12 sets of mats

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Just hit 103 bone on Gavial Mails, no new recipes being reported from the slutty mithra. Pulled off 1.0 skill in 23 synths with Kitron's...gonna burn off a couple more materials, if I dont get a skillup within 6 synths, I'll assume somethings broken with the NPC and it actually caps at 103.

edit: no skillup in 6 synths, I know it could be bad luck, but when I've been averaging 1 skillup per 3 synths from 100-103, and now I'm 0/6 when I hit the presumed cap, I'm gonna assume SE's shit is broken as usual.

But I have 6 hydra scales and the hydra set seems to cap one level higher than gavial.
    Fuck yeah, 20k Karakul Leather, go imperial fucking tea leaves at 150k per stack.

.1 skillup off Hydra Mail.
    Makes Hydra Mail 104, I have enough confidence that Gavial Mail is 103, unless someone wants to prove otherwise.

The 1-4 synth taru is offering:
    Winged Balance, DI Ferrule, Hexed Gamashes, Hexed Wristbands

5+ mithra is offering:
    Hexed Jacket, 20 times in a row.

Am I actually supposed to go from 107-110 on Hexed jacket, requiring 3 rare VW drops, as well as a Lord Ruthven drop ?!? Does SE think things through lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I wouldn't be suprised if every craft with a hexed body does that. Looks like gold could easily do that since they highest anything else can be is 108.

At least you don't need 3 rare supposedly VW drops (2nd hand info since almost none have been found) , an ingot made from provenence drops, a drop from NM pots in sky... oh and plastron which has ingredients that come from places like Ouryu Cometh and The Wyrmking Descends. Seriously SE seriously. Plus even the HQ result kinda sucks

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Better than Alchemy, where our only synth over 100 that doesn't take Ethereal Squama (Verth) requires four drops from an ENM that people stopped doing over a year ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast