Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Wait, wait WAIT...What ENM, and what's the item? I'm still mid-skilling up Alchemy when I'm not lazy.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Pulling the Plug, Toreador's Ring ENM. Gold Algol, cap between 101 and 104.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Psh but mine is a fight that people stopped doing years ago that can only be popped from drops from enms that people did years ago! Wonder how low man you can do those fights now though... though supposedly you can maybe get it from fort campaign...
    at least your hexed gear seems easier. Only squama is that hard to get at least until someone buys up all the belladona lol. But yeah I guess slightly better to 104. Only 2 O ingots and a bead to 101-102ish and then only tons of ingredients to make a crappy gun for 200-300k to get to 104. Unless you really want to make palladian stuff... at which point it starts being 10s if not hundreds of millions in losses just to get a lvl . Assuming you can even get that stupid Ormula ingot.

This has got to be the dumbest way to make outdated content relevant again

Edit: Side note since alot of new recipes require old stuff like vnm drops has anyone noticed them dropping off of different things? Would kinda make sense considering how lame it is to build and kill T3 vnm just for a small chance of dropping 1 item for a synth. And more importantly I have a friend that swears he got a Pelt of Dawon off of Voidwrought a few days ago

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Pulling the Plug, Toreador's Ring ENM. Gold Algol, cap between 101 and 104.
    Byrth, is this ENM easy? I never did. Suppose I could help alchemy friends if they help me with cook/cloth/wood.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Edit: Side note since alot of new recipes require old stuff like vnm drops has anyone noticed them dropping off of different things? Would kinda make sense considering how lame it is to build and kill T3 vnm just for a small chance of dropping 1 item for a synth. And more importantly I have a friend that swears he got a Pelt of Dawon off of Voidwrought a few days ago
    Have had several friends report ethereal squama from Celaeno (bastok t4). I've seen a pic of dawon pelt dropping in vw too, been a while though. Would assume all of the t3 items can drop in vw somewhere, it's just a matter of finding out where.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Byrth, is this ENM easy? I never did. Suppose I could help alchemy friends if they help me with cook/cloth/wood.
    People were soloing it way back when, but it would be incredibly impractical to farm for synth mats. You would be better off farming Verthandi.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It just begs the question of "whats the point". SE is once again doing their whole stupid danging carrot bullshit. "You CAN get your craft to 110...but its going to be so unconventional and irrational, it might as well be impossible".

Oh, and the full listing NPC being broken and not reporting some synths is dumb as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah it's not even that this would cost more than all relics combine. The sure scarcity/rarity of the materials and the breadth of the events/places you have to go to farm for each recipe would preclude most from even attempting 1 synth forget skilling up. Then lets say you do skill up and you do manage to HQ something you are stuck with gear that once uncursed is by and large substandard or sidegrade gear that there is no even semi reliable way to get the abj for.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I got my first Alchemy 0.1 off my fifth Hexed synth.

Has anyone checked Pro-ethers and Sun Water to make sure they actually capped at 100? I know that I spammed the NPC and only saw Gold Algol, but if Red Curry wasn't showing up then maybe there were others.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Make a post onthe OF about the guild npcs being broke...gildrein or bayonne enjoy dealin w u ofcourse

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Can anyone confirm vejovis wand are 102+, I am @ about 50 synths and not 1 skillup yet.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Full list npc giving it at 100...soo

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

meh, ty nynja

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I got my first Alchemy 0.1 off my fifth Hexed synth.

Has anyone checked Pro-ethers and Sun Water to make sure they actually capped at 100? I know that I spammed the NPC and only saw Gold Algol, but if Red Curry wasn't showing up then maybe there were others.
    Check to see if they appear on the comprehensive listing guy. The items that are broken seem to mostly be existing items that were over the 100 cap, so if the comprehensive guy doesn't have them, there is the chance that they cap at 101 or 102.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    The items that are broken seem to mostly be existing items that were over the 100 cap, so if the comprehensive guy doesn't have them, there is the chance that they cap at 101 or 102.
    I know you said mostly, but hades sainti(toau era) pop up on the npc at 101, but dragon harness (cop era), gavial mail(i think cop era) dont show up...and were added earlier as gear.

Edited: I fucked up the timeline, Hades were added in ToaU era and show up as a 100+, but DH and Gavial were added in CoP era and dont show up as a 100+

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Okay, so a few minor things I've noticed:
    1) Recipes are listed in ascending order by level. Thus, Platinum Bullets are likely level 95 Alchemy and not 92 as was listed (not that anyone cares).
    2) We don't have Elixir Tank as a recipe on the main alchemy page, but it is: 94/95 Alchemy and ? Leather: Earth Crystal, Sheep Leather, Brass Tank, and 4 Elixirs
    3) We don't have San d'Orian Tea Sets as a recipe on the main alchemy page, but it is: 99/100 Alchemy: Fire Crystal, Silver Ingot, Angelstone, 2x Kaolin
    4) Ephedra and Saida Rings are 99 or 100 Alchemy.
    5) Pro Ethers and Crystal Roses (Alchemy, Goldsmithing: Scintilliant Ingot, 3 Flint Glass Sheets) are 100 Alchemy.
    6) Sun Water isn't listed.
    7) Do they really expect me to skill up on Sun Water? Farming Cactaur lotto NMs? Please die in the nearest fire, SE.

That is all.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I know you said mostly, but hades sainti(toau era) pop up on the npc at 101, but dragon harness (cop era), gavial mail(i think cop era) dont show up...and were added later as gear. So its clearly a case of spaghetti code.
    All ravens are black, but not all black things are ravens. So far the only confirmed cases of recipes that are missing are existing items that had a skill cap over 100. Unless there are some cases that I have not heard about, missing recipes are over 100, but not all recipes over 100 are missing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Actually I don't think he was saying all recipes before this update that are over 100 are missing from npcs but maybe just old stuff like maybe pre toau or something? Like goldsmithing. Elemental rings (very old) not on there. Amood (definitely toau+ since it uses scintillant ingots) is on the npcs

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    All ravens are black, but not all black things are ravens. So far the only confirmed cases of recipes that are missing are existing items that had a skill cap over 100. Unless there are some cases that I have not heard about, missing recipes are over 100, but not all recipes over 100 are missing.
    Theyre both (DH and Gavial Mail) very old items that possibly cap over 100 (pretty certain Gavial Mail caps at 103), since they arent on the list of Veteran nor Expert items at 103 bone skill. I was saying that as far as item creation goes:
    DH was created in the CoP era (Wyrm Horn)
    Gavial Mail I believe was created in the CoP era as well
    but Hades Sainti, which DO list as a 101 cap item, are a ToaU conception

dasva gets it...

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Okay, so a few minor things I've noticed:

7) Do they really expect me to skill up on Sun Water? Farming Cactaur lotto NMs? Please die in the nearest fire, SE.

That is all.

That's how I got to 100 :C

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast