+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: New Recipes (3/26/2012)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Well, have any particular recommendations? I'm apparently not the first one that figured this out, considering Cactuar Roots have been camped to shit on the AH.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Toxeus View Post
    so attempted to make cursed breastplate -1 the other day at 101 smithing and ended up with multiple skillups, so its at least 102 smithing maybe more gonna try again after i hit 102
    It's actually 103 at the least. I got to 102.2 trying to make one the other week. I had already capped my subcrafts before I tried, so I'm not sure if the Goldsmithing or Leathercraft were above 60.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Neptuna View Post
    It's actually 103 at the least. I got to 102.2 trying to make one the other week. I had already capped my subcrafts before I tried, so I'm not sure if the Goldsmithing or Leathercraft were above 60.
    considering the latest crafts of those odin abjuration bodys, it shouldnt even go past 101... (because of HQ rate) this is really confusing. Either SE ninjad the crafting lvl for those or they have an "Enhanced" HQ rate because they need items bought with Einherjar points. I am really confused

EDIT: Besides I dont see them bringing Synth cap up to 150 when there is NOWHERE supply for those fucking recipes they add. They eihter have to add new zones for new items to dig/mine/fish blabla up or fucking actually add stuff to older zones to make them relevant again (and or abyssea).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Or make droprates higher than .0001%...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just hit 101 goldsmithing soo... update

99: palladian brass ingot
    100: ugol moufles, evader earring, palladian brass sheet
    101: amood (oddly it's under both expert and veteran)
    102: palladian brass chain, ugol solerets, ,
    103: hexed gambieras, ugol brayettes, ugol salade
    104: silver cassandra
    105: ugol haubert
    106-108: hexed gauntlets, hexed coronet
    110: hexed haubert

Elemental rings still not on any list but still getting skillups at 101. Only hexed gear past 105

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I spent three hours updating the Alchemy recipes today on the BG wiki. There are a few things I noticed, one in particular that will help us out in the future.

Firstly, there are multiple random synths that the "full list NPC" does not tell us. For instance, the popular Silent Oil synth is not told (x2 Beeswax, slime oil), the Bastokan armor synths are also not listed, as well as a few others. They ARE on the wiki though.

Secondly, I noticed that ALL of the new synths are, in order, underneath the synths of one level and always above the synths of another level. This being said, there was never a new synth in between two other confirmed synths of one level. They were always at the end.

Thirdly, with the above in mind, I believe that new synths are added at the bottom of each level set of synths. As an example, when we click "Veteran" to view synths from level 91-100, the Adder Jambiya is not shown, but when we navigate to it from the Adept rank and go through the pages, it is listed just before Ether Cotton, which proves it caps at level 90.

I believe this is also the case for every other item I have added that is level xx~xx on the Alchemy page. If anyone else agrees, I will change the items and take off the "~xx" part. This is also an efficient way to find new recipe caps they add down the line.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    I spent three hours updating the Alchemy recipes today on the BG wiki. There are a few things I noticed, one in particular that will help us out in the future.

Firstly, there are multiple random synths that the "full list NPC" does not tell us. For instance, the popular Silent Oil synth is not told (x2 Beeswax, slime oil), the Bastokan armor synths are also not listed, as well as a few others. They ARE on the wiki though.

Secondly, I noticed that ALL of the new synths are, in order, underneath the synths of one level and always above the synths of another level. This being said, there was never a new synth in between two other confirmed synths of one level. They were always at the end.

Thirdly, with the above in mind, I believe that new synths are added at the bottom of each level set of synths. As an example, when we click "Veteran" to view synths from level 91-100, the Adder Jambiya is not shown, but when we navigate to it from the Adept rank and go through the pages, it is listed just before Ether Cotton, which proves it caps at level 90.

I believe this is also the case for every other item I have added that is level xx~xx on the Alchemy page. If anyone else agrees, I will change the items and take off the "~xx" part. This is also an efficient way to find new recipe caps they add down the line.
    Thank you for updating that page! We really do appreciate the work. Several of our craft pages are in dire need of love, I have been working on a project to help though.

I feel kind of bad. I thought that it was common knowledge that the new items were appended after the recipes of the same level, this was something I noticed a while back with cooking and I would have mentioned.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It could very well have been discovered a long time ago. I figured it was not known because a lot of the items I have added have the recipes in the same format of xx~xx on the item pages themselves.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If I understand you right your saying the npc that lists all recipes you are at will list first in order of lvl then when multiples are of the same lvl do it by when they were released in the game? So if something old pops up after something new we know it's at leaset 1 lvl higher?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    If I understand you right your saying the npc that lists all recipes you are at will list first in order of lvl then when multiples are of the same lvl do it by when they were released in the game? So if something old pops up after something new we know it's at leaset 1 lvl higher?
    Pretty much. New stuff is always added after old stuff of the same level. So if the existing recipes that surround a new item on the comprehensive craft list NPC are within one of each other, you know the level of the new item. At least I have not found any information to contradict this.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmmm well then that would put palladian ingot at 98 even though I swore I didn't see it back then. Maybe I'm going crazy

Paging Dr. Nat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Has anyone found some viable recipes for Clothcrafting skill??

Working on some subs to max them out but was wondering if there was anything I could be skilling on in the meantime?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Check your crafting npcs... or the first page of this thread

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

fun fact that i have not seen posted blessed body has to be a 100 skill cap, not 102 as previously thought as it is on the last npc aready with no skillups yet on my clothcrafter. no old synths appear to be over 100 for us

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

by no means definitive, but possibly combined with other clothcrafter's results- 10 blessed briault synths no skillups post-100. Anyone else with stats or skillups?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindor View Post
    by no means definitive, but possibly combined with other clothcrafter's results- 10 blessed briault synths no skillups post-100. Anyone else with stats or skillups?
    Did you see what the poster above you said? Not being a jerk.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

In case any goldsmithers thought desynthing silver cassandra to try and get back expensive stuff or at least the annoying to make darksteel hexagun was a good idea... NQ result is silver ingot . And they npc for almost 30k so yeah...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Did you see what the poster above you said? Not being a jerk.
    Did see it, was adding my results. Was more wondering if it had been definitively proven.

I had always assumed (incorrectly it now seems) that the Blessed Briault that we all were taught as 102 skill had been tested by the "lowest level you could craft it" method.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindor View Post
    Did see it, was adding my results. Was more wondering if it had been definitively proven.

I had always assumed (incorrectly it now seems) that the Blessed Briault that we all were taught as 102 skill had been tested by the "lowest level you could craft it" method.
    It is possible that they ninja changed the level.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone happen to know, by chance the exact level Blenmot's Ring caps at?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast