BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 60-70 Skill up paths     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sheep Chammy seems kinda a bust unless there is a good place to farm the Clot Plasma.... but leather is kinda crappy especially in that range so idk. White Mouton seems viable though a little bit more work

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Agreed on Clot Plasma's availability.

I took leather to 62 as mentioned using Tiger Leather --> Hard Ring. I plan to power through all the breaks and do Beak Jerkins to 69 instead of Sheep Chammy.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I ended up doing White mountain 3 of the ingredients are easy to get from npc and plentiful. And well tons of ram skins up

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Low 60's cloth sucked with the prices of silk cloth, campah availability of apkallu feathers, and sky rocketing velvet cloth prices (hyo). I ended up doing a mix of those 3 to 64ish then started black choc fletching. Between adv support and kitron mac it wasn't bad comparatively. Obviously at 67 I ditched the food and support. If I could do it again I would consider starting them earlier at 62ish.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

It may not be 60-70, But for anyone doing leather above 100... Panther Masks DO cap at 102... So they are a cheap and easy way to get 2 levels at least. Hermes' sandals gave a 0.1 skill above 101 also. Not that anyone would skill up on those, but still worth noting. Urja Trousers seem to cap at level 104 (i stopped trying after 10 straight synths with no skill ups @ 104.0...) Urja Jerkin has gotten me to 105.2 and Attacker's Mantle caps above 105 also. Not sure about the leather since i can never find hides up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also since coeurl hides aren't too plentiful especially if you want to do them for like 5 lvls swd belt isn't too bad. And of course using the coeurl leather to make coeurl cesti sicne thats only 1 lvl higher

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Coeurl hides can be bought from leather guild for 2.7k each.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah people keeping buying them up so they are often more around the 13k price range

Also for bone since demon horns are bought rather quickly after going on ah scorpion gear is decent substitute. Very high droprate (100% lol) and easy kills in CN

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

i found leather pretty easy to do 60-70

i did

61 Smilodon Leather (cheaper than tiger and easy to farm up if u wish abyssea altep can profit off the tusks u get)

63 Smildon Ring (1 level higher than tiger rings)

67 White Mouton ( use bonecraft to make the shell powders)

70 Behemoth leather ( lots of hides on ah on bismarck anyways can sell leather for profit on ah)

71 Coeurl leather( cheap on ah and npc has them for 2.7k between these and behe leather u should be good)

72 Coeurl Cesti ( if u do make the coeurl leather might as well buy some cesti off a npc and make these they npc for 2.2k~)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Common knowledge I believe, but Red Curry Cap is 101. I did 60ish synths after hitting 101 w/o a skillup. Someone had already updated Red Curry cap to 101 in wiki by the time I got there. Just confirming.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Ive sad this before, but When u hit a new lvl, talk to the npc that has the full list. If the item youre synthing is there, youre capped.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Ive sad this before, but When u hit a new lvl, talk to the npc that has the full list. If the item youre synthing is there, youre capped.
    I have been doing that for a while now.

From what I remember the other free support NPC gives recipes that are 1-2 levels above your skill and the advanced support guy gives recipes that are 3-4 above your skill? Are these ranges correct? It might be 1-3 and 3-5 or something like this. It has been a while.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    I have been doing that for a while now.

From what I remember the other free support NPC gives recipes that are 1-2 levels above your skill and the advanced support guy gives recipes that are 3-4 above your skill? Are these ranges correct? It might be 1-3 and 3-5 or something like this. It has been a while.
    If that's true, then it's safe to assume the hexed gear should cap around 105~, and there will be more options available once we've reached higher skills? Example: The HQ support mithra in BC guild only told me about hexed gear and winged balance @ 100 skill. If I get 103 or so, she will give me a few more options and the NQ support npc's will give me hexed gear and winged balance?

Did that make sense?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Also since coeurl hides aren't too plentiful especially if you want to do them for like 5 lvls swd belt isn't too bad. And of course using the coeurl leather to make coeurl cesti sicne thats only 1 lvl higher
    When i was doing leather on a mule I farmed my Coeurl hides, pretty sure there's a loop around E-7/F-7 on the below map that had a number of them. I literally just kept running in circles farming>synthing in the field.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...-sanctuary.png

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

>MFW Blenmot is an anagram of Belmont...aka Simon Belmont

http://angrywhitedude.com/wp-content...you-wizard.jpg

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    If that's true, then it's safe to assume the hexed gear should cap around 105~, and there will be more options available once we've reached higher skills? Example: The HQ support mithra in BC guild only told me about hexed gear and winged balance @ 100 skill. If I get 103 or so, she will give me a few more options and the NQ support npc's will give me hexed gear and winged balance?

Did that make sense?
    OK, I just went to the Smithing Guild and talked to the NPCs, and my ranges were way off. My Smithing skill is 57. The highest recipe that Hugues, the free support NPC, would give me was level 61, meaning a range of 1 to 4. The highest recipe that Wise Owl, the advanced support NPC, gave me was 66 and the lowest was 62, meaning a range of 5 to 9. If this pattern holds true for over 100 (no reason why it shouldn't) hexed gear will cap between 105 and 109. The only cooking recipe that I cannot get at 100.9 is Himesama Rice Ball, which I would guess is 110 skill. I need to just try to get that last 0.1 to see if it shows up in the advance support NPC listing.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    OK, I just went to the Smithing Guild and talked to the NPCs, and my ranges were way off. My Smithing skill is 57. The highest recipe that Hugues, the free support NPC, would give me was level 61, meaning a range of 1 to 4. The highest recipe that Wise Owl, the advanced support NPC, gave me was 66 and the lowest was 62, meaning a range of 5 to 9. If this pattern holds true for over 100 (no reason why it shouldn't) hexed gear will cap between 105 and 109. The only cooking recipe that I cannot get at 100.9 is Himesama Rice Ball, which I would guess is 110 skill. I need to just try to get that last 0.1 to see if it shows up in the advance support NPC listing.
    This is great info I've been meaning to dig up myself for a week now- thanks. Can use this to nail down exact levels for all synths (for T1 purposes) in pretty short order. I've noticed, though, that if you take the list of new recipes that people dug up in the first few days (so I assume they were all 100-max at that point), and subtract it from the set of new items that have HQ versions, there aren't enough left over to be a 110-cap synth for every guild (this was more concerning when I thought the npcs were only suggesting up to level 106, but still sort of worrisome now). That leaves the possibility of synths without HQ results, but there's nothing that looks obviously like one of those, either. Either I'm being sloppy or there's going to need to be new synths (or level 120 and a lot of new synths) pretty soon. Considering how horrific all the new goldsmithing synths are so far, I can't say that makes me unhappy.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

OK, I just got 101 cooking. Checked with Kipo-Opo, he will only give me the recipe for Smoldering Salisbury Steak now. Jacodaut now gives me Walnut Cookie, Date Tea, and Dragon Fruit au Lait recipes, Kipo-Opo gave them to me at 100 skill. Oddly enough, Hakeem now has the option for Expert recipes, which was not an option at 100 skill, but nothing is showing up on that list. (I am guessing that the Red Curry recipe should be there, but it is borked.) Still no recipe for Himesama Rice Ball.

If the pattern holds up, this means that Walnut Cookie caps between 102 to 104, both Date Tea and Dragon Fruit au Lait cap at 105, Smoldering Salisbury Steak caps between 106 and 109, and Himesama Rice Ball caps at 111 or higher.

And this probably should go in the random question thread, but it did organically spring out of this discussion.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The only problem with this (so far) for gold is that none of the rings are showing up on the support npcs. (flame/snow/thunder... the +5 rings) They aren't in the recipes we've already capped on, and we're fairly sure they cap at 102. Despite there being more rings than new recipes in that range, the free support npc will not give me a ring recipe at all, though I am getting amood.

I'm guessing the npc's are borked to some extent. Really hoping they're missing some recipes, because gold is looking like a huge pain from ~103+ atm.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Shits probably broken, cuz I spamed the lower tier bone NPC, and all I got out of them was winged balance, blenmot's ring and DI Ferrule...but gavial/hydra mail should be a 103 cap, unicorn harness is supposed to be 102 cap.

and talking to the full list NPC at 101 did add hades sainti to the list, but NOT dragon harness.