Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 60-70 Skill up paths     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I'll point at one oddball choice for getting yourself up into the 71 range for Clothcraft that often goes un-noticed.

If you're like me and pick up Almirah furnishings to store a ton of shit in, you can dye them. One gold thread and the appropriate (incredibly cheap as heck to make) dyes and there you have it. In fact, in some cases a simple dye job (cause people like their elemental energy not getting hosed, right?) can actually mean you buy them off the AH, dye them whatever color is the highest resale value, and end up making a profit at the same time. I'd suggest starting them at 65 CC with adv. imagery (assuming no +skill items), and they're cap 71. To give you an example, undyed 9D Almirah goes for 50K on the AH, while dyed versions go up to 70-80K each.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Any leather guides with new material?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Behemoth Hides are cheap, but holy shit @ my uncapped break rate. I used them just to burn through to 70 as fast as possible, but I wouldn't recommend starting them until 65. You should probably get advanced support if possible so you can make a little of your gil back selling the leather.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I should not answer any of Vagus' questions until he fixes his avatar back to the cleavage. If you are bridging a huge gap support + gear + kitron makes it very managable.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just go whisker some coeulr and make leathers. Can whisker smilodons/tigers and make mantles as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    I should not answer any of Vagus' questions until he fixes his avatar back to the cleavage. If you are bridging a huge gap support + gear + kitron makes it very managable.
    My general rule is "If you can get to 3 under cap with items/support, you can skill up decently with a recipe." It's also worth it in places to look for odd items that use multiple crafts to make in order to bridge something. I didn't want to fuck around with bonecrafting costs from 23-27, and since I already had Alchemy up in the 30ish range (baking soda -> white dye is amazingly cheap if you use both steps to skill up alchemy, BTW).

Bam. Volant serums, volant serums all over the place and it's funny watching people freak out when Bat-Taru is flapping by at flee speed on my THF.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4