Closed Thread
Page 130 of 1426 FirstFirst ... 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Scott Hall update! According to their latest video, Scott needs hip replacement surgery because he is severely limited with what he can do with DDP at this point. So DDP is asking for donations to help fund the surgery.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

When you say you won't consider the prior run, you're pretty much speaking past him. Anytime you try to distinguish outcome differences due to some input, you need to consider every input. If you intentionally ignore an input, you undermine implied causal relations derived from correlation.

I'm not sure which point you were making (That their success, compared to prior trios, was surprising OR Differences in success are due to storyline), but the group's prior run undermines both. If the former, the counter-claim is that their prior run made their subsequent run stale; thus, not surprising this group has greater popularity. If the latter, the counter-claim is that staleness from prior runs, not necessarily (or just) the storyline, is responsible for different outcomes.

Edit: Just so we're clear, your point is understood. Just that the point is flimsy since you're intentionally ignoring a significant factor.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

DDP is doing amazing things. Hope hall gets the replacement he needs. Hope some of the "clique" helps him out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/we...-him?c=pledges
    The donation website for Scott's hip replacement surgery for anyone interested.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

WWEs rendition of nWo was an attempted carbon copy of wcws nWo, hence no one cared and it flopped.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Absolutely incorrect as to what it was and why it flopped.

When people stopped caring is when they DID make it a carbon copy of WCW; i.e; watered down with new members, unimportant storylines, confused relations to authority figures - not to mention that in WWE they lost all the time.
    Also, Hall got fired after 2 months and Nash got hurt twice in only 2 matches.

Degenxerate

It was working at first. Maybe not the same feeling the original nWo had but it wasn't as huge of a flop as the later wcw versions at first. It wasn't until Hall got himself fired and Nash got injured and they just filled the group with every random past nWo member they had in the WWE (Booker, Big Show, X-Pac). I'm pretty sure this is when Booker was somewhat of a joke during his tag team with Goldust always joking around in the back dressing as Star Wars characters and random shit like that. They added HBK and HBK announced the next member to join would be Triple H. At this point it was a huge convoluted mess. They had already kicked Hogan out by this point so Nash was really the last dude left of the trio and he got injured and was put out for a long time. After that I don't remember how the group broke up but it pretty much just fizzled out. It never got to the point where Triple H joined even though he was announced as the new member by HBK. If it wasn't for the original 3 being so fucked up it might have gone a little better.

Actually Hogan was around for a while as a face Hogan/Mr. America so I guess he shouldn't be to blame but Hall and Nash were pretty much done just a couple months in.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

After Nash got injured I remember Vince coming out to the nWo theme the next night and telling everyone flat out he hoped they enjoyed it because it was the last time they'll ever hear it. He completely nixed the story-line in front of the whole audience.

Degenxerate

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    After Nash got injured I remember Vince coming out to the nWo theme the next night and telling everyone flat out he hoped they enjoyed it because it was the last time they'll ever hear it. He completely nixed the story-line in front of the whole audience.
    Oh yeah I remember that now. I think later that night or at least shortly after Since the nWo flopped HBK and HHH had a DX reunion where HHH ended up just giving HBK a pedegree and setting up a summerslam match with them against each other.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Degenxerate View Post
    Oh yeah I remember that now. I think later that night or at least shortly after Since the nWo flopped HBK and HHH had a DX reunion where HHH ended up just giving HBK a pedegree and setting up a summerslam match with them against each other.
    Haha I remember that... oooooooh let's get ready to suck ittttt right into a pedigree. Classic.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    You need to breeeeeeeathe in the A's!
    God what a terrible character...
    Off topic but damn it exo check your aim messages. Going to be in anaheim next month and getting dinner with a few peopke including fuuko.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Here's a bit more TNA idiocy but this time not Ace's and 8's related.

According to ProWrestling.net, current TNA Tag Team Champion Bobby Roode's contract with TNA has expired, which explains why Roode has not been on TNA TV since The UK Impact tapings.

This makes Roode's status for Lockdown tomorrow night unknown, however he is scheduled to defend the Tag Team titles along with Austin Aries against Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez and Daniels & Kazarian in a three way tag match.

According to the report, TNA Talent Relations head Bruce Prichard allowed Roode's contract to expire, and Roode had to actually bring it to the attention of TNA officials, which could end up costing TNA a lot of money if/when Roode signs a new deal.
    How the bloody hell do you let one of your top talents contract expire to the point where he has to point it out to the guy responsible for the contracts? Even worse is he's someone WWE has been known to be interested in for a while dating back to his Beer Money days. HHH should be getting his check book out and putting in a phone call.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Bobby roode is fucking awesome and id love to see him in WWE to be honest, as long as they use him instead of just sign him to keep him off TNA.

But letting a contract expire on a title holder is fuckin dumb as tits lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

He's apparently in town for Lockdown after all so it seems the issues were resolved. Sad as I would have liked to see him show up in WWE.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

And the President is finally revealed...

Spoiler: show
    New TNA Champion Bully Ray. Probably the only reveal so far for the group that didn't completely suck.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    And the President is finally revealed...

Spoiler: show
    New TNA Champion Bully Ray. Probably the only reveal so far for the group that didn't completely suck.
    Honestly, if any of you did not see that coming.... you deserve a bucket of lulz.
    They sold it so poorly that it was pretty obvious from the get-go that this was the direction of the storyline from the moment Taz turned heel.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah it was obvious it was going to happen for months. I said it a few pages back. Still a better reveal than freaking Knox, Gallows, or D-Lo.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amy Adams
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Uther

I was completely shocked by this turn of events!

Read some stuff about Roode's contract and I absolutely refuse to believe that they didn't know his contract was expiring. You simply don't forget that the contract of one of your best and biggest stars is nearing it's end.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    Honestly, if any of you did not see that coming.... you deserve a bucket of lulz.
    They sold it so poorly that it was pretty obvious from the get-go that this was the direction of the storyline from the moment Taz turned heel.
    Lol yeah. I was reading the recap report and during the part where Hogan was giving the big pep talk to Ray I could tell that Ray was turning.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

He went there lol.