+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Tera: Cash Shop!?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^ I think someone in this thread mentioned the "sparkle" mount or whatever WoW had a while back. A co-worker of mine told be about that and how in like under 2 minutes it was "sold out" on the Blizzard store and Blizzard made like 2+ million dollars on an optional, virtual mount.... ... So yeaaaaaaaaaah, I see additional cash shops as becoming more mainstream in future games too.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Like I was just talking about on other forums, Cash Shops make money because they offer something people want. The amount of money Blizzard made off of retextured mounts that were already in the game is ridiculous. Why? Because mounts are a symbol of prestige in that game, and people don't realize that a million other people are buying the mount too and they're not going to be a unique snowflake with it.

Seriously, cash shops are free money.

Let's be serious, if EME opened up a Cash Shop that had fan service style bikini swimsuits with enhanced cleavage for Human/Castanics/High Elves, do you really think they wouldn't make a ton of money from our 60% female playing playerbase, the majority of which play Castanic and High Elves? You're crazy if you don't think so. They're pleasing the majority.

In the West, where titties rule everything, it's okay to randomly censor Elins because the Elin players were going to be the minority. Could you imagine the shitstorm if they censored Castanics or High-Elves? Removed jiggle physics and such? I can. But they have to keep the majority happy. I think that's what the whole Cash Shop thing is going to come down to.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze View Post
    enhanced cleavage for High Elves

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze View Post
    if EME opened up a Cash Shop that had fan service style bikini swimsuits with enhanced cleavage for Human/Castanics/High Elves

http://www.muudles.com/wp-content/up...e-my-money.jpg

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

one-pieces for elins? yeah, i might buy that.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Only if it includes a floaty and water wings.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Don't worry elin still get of love with more clothes on still

http://www.neko-sentai.com/images7nr/nomamesxd.gif

wtb 1 piece swimsuit also... if only.. ONLY could find a gpk converter, and then modding would be possible...

http://www.neko-sentai.com/images11ya/1282475595647.jpg

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Oh, Gulk.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Silly Gulk. Pervy Woody model figuring is just for JPs!

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Silly Gulk. Pervy Woody model figuring is just for JPs!
    but I am 50% JP! Don't worry, I don't always show my woody.. to the public O_o

also , don't worry, elin won't be left out, but they may endup something like....

maybe ┓(´_`)┏

http://store.enmasse.com/store/tera/...#novelty-items

I hope this doesn't progress into more down the road. I mean $10 for a weapon skin on top of a monthly sub is kinda meh already.

Apparently these items are one use too for remodeling? Not totally sure on that.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If skin and vanity revenue leads to faster/more tangible content for the rest of us, Im ok with it.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Anything that is strictly vanity is cool with me. Like em? Spend your money on em. Don't? Then don't.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh my! That Lancer one really looks quite badass....!!!!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

I don't mind cosmetic stuff, but the 10$ for a skin? Meh.

I hated that WoW wanted 25$ for cash shop mounts. Twenty five fucking dollars for a MOUNT. That was just ridiculous. I bought the 10$ mini pet that benefited the Japan tsunami relief fund because to me it was worth it. Boyfriend bought me the 25$ pet + plushie for my birthday, which I could kind of justify because it was a plushie with an in game pet... and the plushie was just adorable.

While I know plenty of people will be more than happy to throw money at them for the items, I just can't justify it. No matter how much I might want an item. Hope they don't start selling awesome looking mounts. ; ;

I don't mind the vanity items, but I don't want to pay $10 for a one use vanity item lol. I might drop $10 for axes to toss around on my warrior, but only if I could remodel any near gear I got with the axe look.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    I don't mind the vanity items, but I don't want to pay $10 for a one use vanity item lol. I might drop $10 for axes to toss around on my warrior, but only if I could remodel any near gear I got with the axe look.
    I HIGHLY doubt it's one time use, it probably slips into your costume slot. If it is one time use (which I still doubt) that's just retarded.

Dat mod it, unless you need other people to see your skin. I don't, so my special skins will be free. :D

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

If, on the other hand, you're the type of player who likes to walk softly and carry a big, shiny stick, we have some amazing, custom weapon skins available in the novelty items section that are guaranteed to bedazzle your friends and befuddle your enemies. Does your warrior want to swing double-bladed axes, then grab Butcher & Block. Is your mystic into rock-climbing? Check out the Piton. But remember, all of our custom weapon skins sets are available for a limited time only! Once they're gone, they'll be put into the vault for a while, and a new set takes their place. Novelty items are not trade-able, sell-able, or discard-able. They are single-use, soulbound permanent items.
    $10 for single use skin, lol. Someone should find out if it stays in your costume slot even if you swap weapons.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    $10 for single use skin, lol. Someone should find out if it stays in your costume slot even if you swap weapons.
    I'm pretty sure that just means you can only claim it once on one character. Like, our CE and Pre-order items are unlimited so we can claim them on all our characters, if we go to the item claim window you'll only be able to claim it once. Not USE it once for one weapon and then never be able to use it again. Idk why you'd want to make multiple characters of the same class though *shrug*.

Maybe I was just reading what he was saying wrong, but I thought he was under the impression that one time use meant one time remodel of one piece of gear. I would not think would be the case.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast