Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    On the fence on buying the Sorce skin - does anyone know if the re-skinned weapon gets the +7 (and higher) enchant glows?
    I believe they still retain the glow. I could be wrong, but I swear I heard they do.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yes, they still glow through the skin.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Are you fucking serious? Wow.. (which in a way is quite ironic, because it is getting to be just like WoW).

Want the firey horse mount? Dish out 24.99$ and you can have it today! For a limited time only!
    http://store.enmasse.com/store/tera/...19945700#mount

I freaking hated that in WoW, and I hate it here. 25$ for a freaking digital mount. I know you're not forced to buy it, but when you see something you want get thrown in the cash shop and know the only way you can obtain it is to cough up 25$ on top of your monthly sub, for an item in a game that does nothing but look fancy... meh. I don't want this mount, but something like the Jeweled Lion if it ever got added, or anything else in the future that I thought was awesome looking, I'd never get because I refuse to dish out that kind of money. /rant

My sub runs out on the 29th, despite in game saying it is good til the 6th (thank god I checked today). I canceled the auto-renewal. I'd like to delete my card information so I don't get accidentally billed, but it doesn't seem to give you the option which I dislike. It's a shame. I really love the combat and a part of me wants to keep giving it a try hoping it'll get more content soon. QoA part 2 just isn't enough. It's what we have now, just new dungeons to do it in.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I was just about to come post about that. >.> I thought $25 was ridiculous for mounts in WoW and I still think it is ridiculous in this game. =/

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Xiani View Post
    Are you fucking serious? Wow.. (which in a way is quite ironic, because it is getting to be just like WoW).

Want the firey horse mount? Dish out 24.99$ and you can have it today! For a limited time only!
    http://store.enmasse.com/store/tera/...19945700#mount

I freaking hated that in WoW, and I hate it here. 25$ for a freaking digital mount. I know you're not forced to buy it, but when you see something you want get thrown in the cash shop and know the only way you can obtain it is to cough up 25$ on top of your monthly sub, for an item in a game that does nothing but look fancy... meh. I don't want this mount, but something like the Jeweled Lion if it ever got added, or anything else in the future that I thought was awesome looking, I'd never get because I refuse to dish out that kind of money. /rant

My sub runs out on the 29th, despite in game saying it is good til the 6th (thank god I checked today). I canceled the auto-renewal. I'd like to delete my card information so I don't get accidentally billed, but it doesn't seem to give you the option which I dislike. It's a shame. I really love the combat and a part of me wants to keep giving it a try hoping it'll get more content soon. QoA part 2 just isn't enough. It's what we have now, just new dungeons to do it in.
    This is just about how cash shop is supposed to work. Sure it could auto sync with whatever your fastest mount is, but if it was faster its verging into pay-to-win territory. If cash shop vanity was the same model as some epic something you earned, people would rage. Its just unfortunate that this one happens to be badass.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

how is a cash shop mount that is the same speed as vanarchy mount pay 2 win? It doesn't help you win shit

If it's faster, he said. And verging, not actually there.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Its 280 speed. No other mount in game is faster than the vanarch one.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Battlegrounds horse should be 290 if I remember correctly.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The official forums are just going all over the place... with popcorn. Was this mount an achievement (for the Korean version) or was it planned to be an achievement at some point? The mount does look very awesome. It leaves a trial of fire/embers in its wake. Here are a couple of pictures of what it looks like from a bit far away and up close. It is side saddle for human, high elf, castanic females. Not Elins though, they like it rough.

My character Ammunition (Lancer) is posing for y’alls.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    how is a cash shop mount that is the same speed as vanarchy mount pay 2 win? It doesn't help you win shit
    Notice the phrasing; he said if it was faster, it would be getting close to P2W territory.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Introducing the TERA Chronoscroll!

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forum...A-Chronoscroll

Chronoscrolls will be available in the En Masse Store on Thursday, June 28.

There are a couple of links in that article.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    Notice the phrasing; he said if it was faster, it would be getting close to P2W territory.
    Even if it is faster I dont think it's P2W at all or even close, I mean shit, the CE mount was faster then the regular brown horse you got, was that P2W?

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

It's all in perspective; I mean, for example, I would find it somewhat P2W if a faster mount lets me get into or away from ganking scenario faster, or back into a dungeon wipe faster. Is it game breaking? No, but it is still a marginal advantage.

I don't see the problem with cosmetic goods sold in cash shops. Those are the perfect items for game companies to sell to make extra cash to keep a game alive and updated. If they sell anything that is better than what you can get in game, or equal to the best think you can get in game, that'd be bad. I won't be able to afford this since I'm a poor college student, but I don't mind that one bit. I just wish it was salable like the weapon skins so I could buy it for gold.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I don't think anyone really minds the fact that they put a cosmetic item in the cash shop, it's just that $25 for such an item is a bit extreme.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Keep things in perspective: $25 on top of your usual monthly fee. If this was a straight F2P game with a cash shop, this wouldn't be nearly as big of an issue as it is. As it stands now, it leaves a bad taste in some people's mouths.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

At least its for all characters on the account and available at lv 1. I was highly expecting it to be single character only

I think the pricing makes sense. WoW showed you could do it and sell plenty. But you don't sell enough where the mass availability would decrease the appeal to new buyers. I think vanity items like these are perfect examples of digital equivalents to designer bags and shoes. If too many people have them, they lose their appeal. So you make more money by charging more and selling less.

If a portion of the proceed go towards funding new content, I'm happy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast