Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    I don't think anyone really minds the fact that they put a cosmetic item in the cash shop, it's just that $25 for such an item is a bit extreme.
    ^this.

When I played Perfect World (Malaysian server, not the extremely overpriced US cash shop version) 14$ got me a mid speed flying mount, a mid speed ground mount (which were only available from cash shop unless you wanted to pay a crap ton of in game gold for a slow horse), and still had credits left over for other random things. Mind you, probably not the best comparison as PW did become a big P2W game. At the time I played it was mostly cosmetic stuff like fashion, mounts, inventory increase, pet space increase, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiani View Post
    ^this.

When I played Perfect World (Malaysian server, not the extremely overpriced US cash shop version) 14$ got me a mid speed flying mount, a mid speed ground mount (which were only available from cash shop unless you wanted to pay a crap ton of in game gold for a slow horse), and still had credits left over for other random things. Mind you, probably not the best comparison as PW did become a big P2W game. At the time I played it was mostly cosmetic stuff like fashion, mounts, inventory increase, pet space increase, etc.
    I'm not sure why a comparison to prices on a Malaysian server is relevant when you admit that the US shop was overpriced by your standards. WoW, as the industry leader, set the prices. EME is following the industry leader. It's a common practice. I'm sure if they don't sell enough, they will lower the price.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Seems a decent amount of people bought the horse so far... if ya got money to burn, ya got money to burn. Speaking of which... is that horse AH'able? I could burn some ingame gold for one >.>

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Will I cause a nice couple of rage posts with my new product offering?
    I'll sell you this image of a bottle of water I have for $100.

Who cares about the price. If you the perceived value is lower than the price, don't purchase it, basic economics. If I can fill up with a breakfast from my office Cafeteria for $2, I'm not going to rage when a restaurant is offering me a breakfast deal at $50, I'm simply not going to go.

I don't think ANY of us are in a situation where we can judge others on how people spend their money, with the amount that we probably all spend on video games annually.

But if people want to argue the P2W argument, that's fine, but I think that it's still a bit of a stretch when we're mainly discussing out of combat movement speed. It'd help you get away from gankers if they haven't already touched you or put you in combat. It likely won't help you in a dungeon runback situation, as you're still restricted to the slowest member.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Blizzard has been doing this for years at the exact same price point, I don't see a problem with it. Haters gonna hate I guess.

I've bought both $25 mounts from Blizzard, obviously I have no issue...

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I think it's not so much that the 25$ and the fact it's cosmetic people are unhappy about.

I just think ... due to the game's 2 month old status, it's ... too soon.

It actually almost feels like they are just trying to extract as much money as possible off us and then do a runner? Those exclusive weapon skins, were only valid for a month (end of June I think?). Likewise, this mount is limited time, then it sure feels like sooner or later this will become a trend just to coax people into buying it as soon as possible because it'll become exclusive later on.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A shame chronoscrolls can't be redeemed to a 'wallet' in your EME account to be used for anything TERA related, rather than just playtime.....

Saw someone on reddit claiming the mount is P2W and unfair because it gets you off the Isle of Dawn faster...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That is pretty win though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I think it's not so much that the 25$ and the fact it's cosmetic people are unhappy about.

I just think ... due to the game's 2 month old status, it's ... too soon.

It actually almost feels like they are just trying to extract as much money as possible off us and then do a runner?

The problem is that the game is hurting over at South Korea and Japan, so if subscriptions are declining, they have to make it up some other way. TERA is a global product and BHS is at the helm for most future content. No money, no content. And talking about J-TERA, it seems they have a summer event going that started today. They can purchase the summer cosmetic items at their "Gacha Cash Shop." Each swimsuit is gender and race locked. I'm not sure if its locked on uses though.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6...ummerevent.png

I'm almost certain 95% of the Japanese will buy the Elin one (both sets).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
    Spoiler: show

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

all my money @ high elfs the gods have listened to my prayers

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

*pictures the monstrosity that EME will turn the Elin swimsuits into*

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Remember when shit like that was part of a seasonal event in MMOs to entice you to remain subscribed, rather than asking the subscribers for more money or they get nothing?

da fuck @ the swimsuits. How are Slutanics more dressed then humans and high elves?! The fuck is this hypocrisy!?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

@Senji:

But Klingons needs loving too? No? Yes?

@Shidobu:

Oh... Shidobu...

@Kaisha:

Yeah those olde ye days of olde.

@WhiteChocobo:

You are in luck! Someone already made all 3 comparisons:

NA:

NA:

EU:

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Good News from Knoxxxer:

"We have a plan for the swimsuits but probably will be in August. Hopefully we can get you the details in mid-July. "

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Quote Originally Posted by madpersian View Post
    I'm not sure why a comparison to prices on a Malaysian server is relevant when you admit that the US shop was overpriced by your standards. WoW, as the industry leader, set the prices. EME is following the industry leader. It's a common practice. I'm sure if they don't sell enough, they will lower the price.
    The MY server was the English server for a year, maybe longer, before the International server was opened. My point, which I thought I made clear, was that a P2P game that's already getting 15$ a month shouldn't be asking that much for cosmetic items when a F2P game is asking far, FAR, less. The International version when it was released, while much more expensive, was still cheaper than 25$ for a mount. I think 20$ got you one of the mounts I mentioned with very little left over.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemicon View Post
    Blizzard has been doing this for years at the exact same price point, I don't see a problem with it. Haters gonna hate I guess.
    Just because something has been done like that for years, does not make it right. Not saying it's right or wrong in this case, just trying to make a point.

Others may be more than welcome to shovel out 25$ ontop of a 15$ monthly, others aren't. I understand money = content, but the price is just ridiculous. It was ridiculous in WoW, and it still is here. WoW now has.. 3 cash shop mounts? I remember the rage when they released the Winged Guardian and people complained because they bought the crappy sparkle pony, yet they threw another 25$ in Bliz's face. And again when Heart of Aspects was released. Which, I will admit, I was upset about. I liked both Winged Guardian and Aspect... but there was no way in hell I was going to pay 50$ for two in game mounts.

We can argue this all we want, it's not going to get anywhere. You're argueing opinions.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
    Good News from Knoxxxer:

"We have a plan for the swimsuits but probably will be in August. Hopefully we can get you the details in mid-July. "
    might as well fucking skip them then

gdamnit august is a wholeeeee month away the fuck is wrong with you eme

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I hope... NA tera gets swimsuits, and not just the KR/JP ... we got some egg event, it better be hiding a swimsuit O_o

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast