Thread: Tera: Cash Shop!?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    might as well fucking skip them then

gdamnit august is a wholeeeee month away the fuck is wrong with you eme
    Yeah, August is when the schoolgirl outfits should be hitting. Way to drop the ball!

Spoiler: show
    ibf

cash shop only

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    Yeah, August is when the schoolgirl outfits should be hitting. Way to drop the ball!

Spoiler: show
    ibf

cash shop only
    Got my white van ready brah

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I can only imagine the rage that would have swelled up if WoW had sold a custom Mechanohog right after Udular dropped.

I dunno, let people spend their money on whatever they want, but when you start giving bonuses to stats based on how much someone throws at the screen, there's a problem. What's to stop them from straight up selling fully upgraded max teir weapons, gear, and accessories with just 1% better stats than what you can obtain in-game for $25 a piece. Would the same people that don't care about them selling a faster mount than anything obtainable from in-game, suddenly care that someone could now simply buy the drops that others may have grinded for weeks or months in hopes of obtaining? Hey, it'd bring in tons of cash for BHS, and like others have said, the game is tanking in S. Korea and Japan right now.

Where does the slippery slope end and a straight drop into the abyss begin? Its all about the cash for the devs, right?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Why do you care, Gulk? Can't you just .dat them anyway? You'd have to .dat them anyway, because they're going to edit the shit out of your elin. She'll probably be wearing those fluffy whale-bottoms that fatties in the 60's wore.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

fuuuuck I love those swimsuits and I'll probably end up buying them.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lilura Sainik
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

What's with all the talk about things turning into p2w or them selling things that are better or on equal footing with the best in-game items? Surely it's not due to the mount that has the same speed as the CE lion? I mean, I get the fear that it might happen, but it's not like they've given any indication thus far that things are going that way. Have they?

I don't think anyone, especially on these forums, is going to argue against the point of p2w is going too far.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

The castanic doesn't even look like swim wear.. Looks like leather armor + super short shorts. Even elins have thongs :U

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The castanics have the fashion swimwear that you just slut it up at the edge of the pool with drinks with.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Why do you care, Gulk? Can't you just .dat them anyway? You'd have to .dat them anyway, because they're going to edit the shit out of your elin. She'll probably be wearing those fluffy whale-bottoms that fatties in the 60's wore.
    because its a pain the ass to mod, and requires you wear certain items to even see it, and with tera's ninja patch system, if they do one while ya got the mods, your looking at a full reinstall of tera to play again

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

People blowing out mass weapon skins for 850g on JC. Considering chronos supposed to hit tomorrow; either scrolls gonna be cheaper than I thought, or average person is just poorer.

I can only imagine the rage that would have swelled up if WoW had sold a custom Mechanohog right after Udular dropped.

I dunno, let people spend their money on whatever they want, but when you start giving bonuses to stats based on how much someone throws at the screen, there's a problem. What's to stop them from straight up selling fully upgraded max teir weapons, gear, and accessories with just 1% better stats than what you can obtain in-game for $25 a piece. Would the same people that don't care about them selling a faster mount than anything obtainable from in-game, suddenly care that someone could now simply buy the drops that others may have grinded for weeks or months in hopes of obtaining? Hey, it'd bring in tons of cash for BHS, and like others have said, the game is tanking in S. Korea and Japan right now.

Where does the slippery slope end and a straight drop into the abyss begin? Its all about the cash for the devs, right?
    I honestly dont think the weapons and this mount are in the same ballpark in the same state honestly. Sure it moves faster..but that's about it and moving fast on a mount isnt realy an advantage, considering its the same speed as Vanarch mounts and I see that shit everywhere and dont ever fee like "omg that guy is moving faster then me, unfair!" lol. If they did start in with the weapons, even if they were just slightly better then in game ones, aka like instead of 1500 attack they had 1501..I would drop the game in a heartbeat. Not going to deal with that sort of shit even if its a single stat, because then it will be 5 stats and then 100 and so on.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lilura Sainik
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    considering its the same speed as Vanarch mounts
    Are you talking about Night Mare? Because that's not right if so. Unless Vanarch mounts are the same speed as the CE Lion, and the level 60 Shadow Steed. They are all 280. If you're talking about some other mount, then please forgive me.

Quote Originally Posted by sedna View Post
    Are you talking about Night Mare? Because that's not right if so. Unless Vanarch mounts are the same speed as the CE Lion, and the level 60 Shadow Steed. They are all 280. If you're talking about some other mount, then please forgive me.
    Ahh my bad, I thought the Nightmare was 285 or 290 or something. Well then it's even most pointless to say it's an advantage since I think everyone has access to 280 mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Seems a decent amount of people bought the horse so far... if ya got money to burn, ya got money to burn. Speaking of which... is that horse AH'able? I could burn some ingame gold for one >.>
    No, I had guildmates try to trade it or put it on AH and they couldn't. I wanted to buy it with gold too.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

Quote Originally Posted by madpersian View Post
    No, I had guildmates try to trade it or put it on AH and they couldn't. I wanted to buy it with gold too.
    If they could do that, the way the item claim is, they could get infinite horses from one person and continuously put it up on the AH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    because its a pain the ass to mod, and requires you wear certain items to even see it, and with tera's ninja patch system, if they do one while ya got the mods, your looking at a full reinstall of tera to play again
    Its that rough even with nude .dats? Does that mean you're actually playing this game without nudity?

...This is a black day, indeed. ._. My apologies, Gulk.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Its that rough even with nude .dats? Does that mean you're actually playing this game without nudity?

...This is a black day, indeed. ._. My apologies, Gulk.
    I wait till after a big patch and a few days after and then use it for a few days when they most likely aren't going to be patching...! I will not be denied....!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Hah! That's the Gulk I know!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    might as well fucking skip them then

gdamnit august is a wholeeeee month away the fuck is wrong with you eme
    Blasphemy!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteChocobo View Post
    If they could do that, the way the item claim is, they could get infinite horses from one person and continuously put it up on the AH
    Yeah, I thought it was one character originally. I figured it would be like the weapon skins. Another RMT substitute. I'm a sad Persian. Also, please play more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast