BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Tera: Cash Shop!?

BHS introduces the premium item cash shop for K-TERA. For now it seems it is only cosmetic items such as the dorky but cute glasses and the Nightmare Warhorse. Prices vary depending on equip duration. English threads can be found here:

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=51970

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forum...em-Shop?page=1

Source can be found here:

http://tera.hangame.com/news/notice....&docid=4595652

http://tera.hangame.com/shop/indexItem.nhn

It seems they buy the items with T-Cat coins.

ThunderCats HO!

Prices vary depending on equip duration, how long a player wants to hold onto an item:

Pirate Eyepatch
    30 days | ~2€ | gives 14 T-cat coins | gets destroyed after 30 days
    365 days | ~3€ | gives 24 T-cat coins | does not get destroyed even after 365 days

Black Glasses
    30 days | ~2€ | gives 22 T-cat coins | gets destroyed after 30 days
    365 days | ~3€ | gives 30 T-cat coins | does not get destroyed even after 365 days

Sapphire Blue Glasses
    365 days | ~3€ | gives 30 T-cat coins | does not get destroyed even after 365 days

Ruby Red Glasses

Emerald Green Glasses

Glasses Collection (all four glasses in a pkg)
    30 days | ~6€ | gives 96 T-cat coins | gets destroyed after 30 days
    365 days | ~9€ | gives 134 T-cat coins | does not get destroyed even after 365 days

Nightmare Horse
    365 days | ~16€ | gives 304 T-cat coins | does not get destroyed even after 365 days

As of now you can't buy anything other than besides vanity stuff. However for every purchase you do, you get T-cat coins which are used to buy non-cosmetic stuff such as:

12H Playtime Crystal Protection!(40 Coins) No more losing crystals, no matter how often you die. Sounds awesome for trying Hardmodes and gives you a huge advantage over others!

Special Sealing Scrolls (I think 10 Coins, will check when im back from work) that are needed for the luxing proccess, these Scrolls would normally cost you 200newGold (2Million Old gold). They can else only be aquired in Dungeons and with the presents you get with the Cross-Server-Dungeontool.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That horse is baller, but 16 bucks for a horse... yikes. At least it isn't a $25 celestial steed!

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    That horse is baller, but 16 bucks for a horse... yikes. At least it isn't a $25 celestial steed!
    Wonder if theirs a way to do something ingame, to make irl cash for those items hmmmm. That horse is sexy

Little Mother
    BG Level

The easiest way to get extra money out of me is to sell cute things like outfits and glasses and emotes. I think I spent almost 40$ one month in Aion for dances and outfits ._.

Some pretty hardcore knee jerking on the forums though, not sure why people are so offended by vanity items or the idea of a cash shop.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I don't understand the rage with "optional" purchases that in no way give game benefits. The people who want that stuff will spend money, those that don't may as well just pretend that option isn't there anyway.

So /vg/ is flipping a shit over TERA being "pay2win" due to cash shops apparently. What are these cash shops? First i've heard of them. I figured they were only vanity items?

Someone had an image from EME saying NA had no plans on a cash shop at this time, even though the KR version does.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    I don't understand the rage with "optional" purchases that in no way give game benefits. The people who want that stuff will spend money, those that don't may as well just pretend that option isn't there anyway.
    Some ignorantly bandwagon cash shop rage.

Some recognize, but want to stick to their principles and opinions. They personally might not be bothered by fluff like glasses and tshirts, yet don't want to miss out on exclusive pimp shit like flaming hoofed nightmare horses. Now they are at a conflict and feel all of it should just be in game attainable.

Some just want to watch the world burn.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Cosmetic items were already in game, so yeah.

It flies in WoW because of the subs, but any cancellation of subs in TERA will be viewed as a threat to EME and these items will go from vanity to helpful in a heart beat, if they think they can get more from cash shop than from returning canceled members.

There's no real need to overreact but it's pretty bad in a sense. Not the end of the world, but know cash shops always start with vanity items.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I've always been a fan of cool mounts and generally hate when they show up in cash shops. =( Outfits and stuff don't usually bug me in there though. I can live with it, just a minor annoyance.

I think a lot of the knee-jerk reactions are also based on the fact that it's a MTX system in a P2P game. The typical idea of a P2P game is, you pay the sub and you have access to all the currently available content with no additional fee (outside of expansions, but that's another story!)

Hmm made my post on the question thread about wtf was going on with the cash shop before checking here. I noticed /vg/ TERA thread flipping a shit about it. Made it sound like you could biu 100% chance enchant scrolls and self rez scrolls and other shit.

I do agree I hate cash shops though when they contain mounts, like how Blizzard does it. I can see the reasons behind it ($$$$$$$$$$$$) but for a subscription game I think it's kind of bullshit.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Cosmetic items were already in game, so yeah.

It flies in WoW because of the subs, but any cancellation of subs in TERA will be viewed as a threat to EME and these items will go from vanity to helpful in a heart beat, if they think they can get more from cash shop than from returning canceled members.

There's no real need to overreact but it's pretty bad in a sense. Not the end of the world, but know cash shops always start with vanity items.
    That's funny because people like me don't mind cash shops, and actually like being able to buy random shit for my character that doesn't have any affect on gameplay. So it makes people like me happy even though I subscribe to the game. However, if it ever came to the point where they started selling pay 2 win items, I would cancel my subscription immediately that day.

The whole "we're losing subs so we're offering items that'll definitely piss our playerbase off" line of thinking doesn't make sense to me.

As long as it's random fluff that doesn't influence the game and all it does it make you look "cool" then I don't see why any of it really matters. If you want it, get it, if you don't, don't. I for one, never liked mounts and understood the whole craze behind them and I rode around on my vendor bought mounts in WoW for the several years I played it, and rode my yellow chocobo every day in FFXI instead of going through the crap to make a green/red/blue one whatever.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Someone had an image from EME saying NA had no plans on a cash shop at this time, even though the KR version does.
    Spoiler: show

Just a GM saying they aren't a dev and have no idea other that whats written on their flash cards. Essentially.

All fluff or already in game.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I'm going to stay neutral on this. As long as it stays at vanity items, I have no problem with it. Should it cross over into "beneficial" items, it would spell the end of the game in my opinion. A perfectly good game would be ruined. Don't put poop in my brownies.

Little Mother
    BG Level

That's how I see it.

If they don't add a cash shop, oh well, keep playing.
    If they add a cash shop with random vanity items, yay, keep playing.
    If they add a cash shop with items that benefit gameplay, cancel sub.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

just saw senjis post. was same as mine lol

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Wenrick View Post
    I'm going to stay neutral on this. As long as it stays at vanity items, I have no problem with it.
    It's always a slippery slope. I'm expecting it to fall into the rage-worthy category a few months down the road.

But yeah, it'll stain my interest if NA is getting a cash shop on launch. K-TERA I can understand since it's been out awhile now.

Like SB said, if it ever goes down that slope to pay2win i'm cancelled there on the spot and hopping over to GW2, where there is a cash shop but i'm not paying a sub either.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forum...p-Announcement
    Cosmetic items are fine. I will be buying anyways :O

Not to mention if they keep the reward point thing, from the sounds of it we get points each month for paying our sub...and can use those points toward vanity items anyways? Why would I not be ok with being rewarded even more for paying to play the game? Shit, if Blizzard did this I would be fine with the cash mounts/pets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast