BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

NY Daily News
    Marvel added Anthony Mackie to its superhero sequel “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” last month, and sources say the studio’s now focusing on casting the film’s female lead. Hollywood insiders tell us that current front-runners for the coveted role include “The Twilight Saga” star Anna Kendrick, as well as Felicity Jones, who reportedly lost out to Keira Knightley for the lead in Paramount’s untitled Jack Ryan reboot. Imogen Poots, who’s filming Terrence Malick’s “Knight of Cups,” is also in the running, we’re told. Joe and Anthony Russo are directing the “Captain America” sequel, and have hinted they’ll go with a “darker, edgier” tone for the film, which isn’t scheduled to hit theaters till 2014. Chris Evans is returning as the Captain, while Sebastian Stan is coming back as character Bucky Barnes from the first movie — but he’ll reportedly turn into a villain for “Winter Soldier.” Last year, “Captain America: The First Avenger” raked in $368 million worldwide before Evans took his character to Marvel’s even bigger “The Avengers.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I want Anna Kendrick for Jessica Drew, if they ever add Spider-Woman to a movie

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    I want Anna Kendrick for Jessica Drew, if they ever add Spider-Woman to a movie
    She's not sexy enough to play Spider-Woman!

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Why don't they just use the girl who played Peggy from one to play Sharon and make her the lead female....

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Casting rumors from Deadline
    Spoiler: show
    EXCLUSIVE: You know that Marvel Studios is moving forward with a superhero movie when there is a bake-off of young talent for key roles. Marvel is readying Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and directors Joe and Anthony Russo have a short list of five hot actresses for a significant new role.
    Not sure the character, but evidently it’s a love interest for Steve Rogers (Chris Evans). I’m told that Game of Thrones‘ Emelia Clarke, Downton Abbey‘s Jessica Brown Findlay, Warm Bodies‘ Teresa Palmer, Knight Of Cups‘ Imogen Poots and The Five Year Engagement‘s Alison Brie are testing for it. I’m also hearing that Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow will be in the mix on this film. Marvel cleverly signs these actors on for as many as nine options, which gives them the latitude to cross pollinate the films with multiple superheroes. At first this was annoyance to talent and their dealmakers–Marvel is known for being stingy–but The Avengers worked so well that it’s a career coup to be in the mix on Marvel movies because most of them turn out so well. And it certainly works for the audience.
    one would assume it is for Sharon Carter.
    Also, Widow and Bucky are <3

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm thinking Sharon too.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Why don't they just get the previous actress and make her a blonde for comic book goodness!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm thinking you said something similar before...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Why don't they just use the girl who played Peggy from one to play Sharon and make her the lead female....

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Alison <3

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Indeed I have...

Blackice

Alison please!

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Just give me Winter Soldier Vs. Cap...do not need any damn love connections

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April 4, 2014)

In an Avengers scene he was looking at a picture of Peggy and she's still alive so I'm sure they will address it somehow.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Guyverarmor View Post
    Just give me Winter Soldier Vs. Cap...do not need any damn love connections
    You shut your whore mouth. Alison or cancel this shitpile of a movie!!!

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quiet Brill !

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Crossbones
    Frank Grillo is a great actor who has had memorable roes in small screen hits such as The Shield and Prison Break. Of course, you've more than likely also seen him in films such as those mentioned above, not to mention such prominent upcoming releases as Gangster Squad and Zero Dark Forty. However, it looks like his next role will be in 2014's Captain America: The Winter Soldier! As you can see from the Tweet below, the prolific actor recently met with the studio for what sounds like a fairly prominent role in the highly anticipated sequel. There's obviously no word on who he may or may not be playing, but it's hard to imagine Grillo being anything other than a great addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Be sure to sound off with your thoughts and theories in the usual place!

UPDATE: According to radio host and comedian Matthew Aaron, who Tweeted the following BEFORE Grillo revealed that he'd met with Marvel Studios, the actor is set to play 'Crossbones' in the sequel (who played a pivotal role in the comic book version of the story).
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=69096
    http://https//twitter.com/FrankGrillo

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

FUCK YAH!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Marvel ‘Phase Two’ sequel Thor: The Dark World is going to further explore the cosmic side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), while directors Anthony and Joe Russo are going to shine a spotlight on S.H.I.E.L.D.’s efforts to keep things on Earth under control in Captain America: The Winter Soldier (which picks up shortly after Loki and the Chitauri’s invasion in The Avengers).

Last night, we received (semi-)official confirmation that Frank Grillo is playing Crossbones in Winter Soldier. However, nestled within that same report was an update on which members of S.H.I.E.L.D. will be joining Chris Evans in Captain America 2.

Rumors have been circulating for a while now that Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and Clint Barton/Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) are both going to be involved with the proceedings Captain America sequel. The film is expected to pull double-duty as both a story that pits Steve Rogers against his presumed-dead BFF Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) – who has been resurrected as the titular brainwashed assassin – while also serving as a substitute for that rumored S.H.I.E.L.D. movie (now that Joss Whedon is instead developing a S.H.I.E.L.D. television series).

Variety, in its report on Grillo, confirms that Johansson is returning for The Winter Soldier (Renner, for the time being, remains unconfirmed). In addition, Samuel L. Jackson is back as S.H.I.E.L.D. commander Nick Fury, who will likely start to have his authority challenged more and more by his second-in-command, Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders, who is also confirmed for Captain America 2). The site reaffirms that Anthony Mackie is playing Falcon, but does not clarify whether or not he is a full-blown S.H.I.E.L.D. employee in the film.

We continue to get a clearer picture of Captain America: The Winter Soldier with each subsequent casting announcement; though, at this point, there doesn’t seem to be much room for more characters beyond S.H.I.E.L.D. agent – and possible Cap love interest – Sharon Carter (a role that Downton Abbey‘s Jessica Brown Findlay is currently rumored to be the front-runner for). Moreover, there’ve been unconfirmed rumors about Lost actor Josh Holloway circling an unspecified male lead role, which led us to speculate that Quasar alter-ego Agent Wendell Vaughn could likewise show up.

Concrete updates on these casting issues will be arriving in the near future, what with Captain America 2‘s scheduled production start date next March. In the meantime, Feature Films Casting (via Unleash the Fanboy) has let it out of the bag that the sequel will be filming under the alias “Freezerburn” – with shooting taking place in such cities as Cleveland, Washington DC and New Mexico.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (drawing from a script penned by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely) will take place primarily in the present. It will include connective tissues to the larger MCU and assist in setting up future installments like The Avengers 2 and Ant-Man. However, the sequel also aims to tie off those story threads left dangling from the first movie, which means flashbacks to Cap’s adventures during WWII, as well as a possible reunion between Steve Rogers and Peggy Carter. The film opens in theaters on April 4th, 2014.
    http://screenrant.com/captain-americ...s-freezerburn/
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118061391?refCatId=13
    http://www.featurefilmcasting.com/20...ldier-los.html

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

We really didn't get to see Samuel L. Jackson in action in the Marvel films until The Avengers came along. Before that he just had little cameo appearances. I'm not sure if that will be the case with Phase two of Marvel's cinematic plan. What I mean by that is, will he only have cameo roles in the other Marvel films until The Avengers 2? We've previously heard that Jackson won't be involved with Iron Man 3, but he recently revealed to Total Film (via Examiner.com) that the next Marvel movie we'll see him in will be Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

I think my next time as Nick Fury is in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, because I’m not in Iron Man 3. None of the Avengers are in Iron Man 3. It’s a standalone Iron Man movie.
    Now that I think about it, I guess that means he won't be in Thor: The Dark World either because that movie comes out before Captain America as well. You never know what Marvel is planning for his character though.

I loved the first Captain America movie, and I'm incredibly excited to see what the sequel is going to bring us. Chris Evans will be back as Steve Rogers/Captain America, and he will be joined by Anthony Mackie as the Falcon, Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/ Winter Soldier, Frank Grillo as Crossbones, Jackson as Nick Fury, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/12/4...america-2.html
    http://www.examiner.com/article/samu...winter-soldier