1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 37 minutes
Closed Thread
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

[Excalibur] Order of the Blue Garter: Open Recruitment Season Continues

http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...126f6ddf75.jpg

Order of the Blue Garter: We Can Stay On the Roomba

We are a competitive, cutting-edge, endgame-oriented FC that values pride in our gameplay, humility among our peers, and a sense of humor about ourselves.

http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...126f6ddf76.jpg

And we try to have a good time along the way. Our goal has always been to compete to the best of our ability, whether that means being the first FC in the world to clear Turn 8 with two consecutive groups and then clear Turn 9, or casually tackle Turn 7 Savage.

Currently, we are looking to shore up our roster to allow us to have one extremely solid progression group and a second support/feeder group with enough depth to keep those groups pushing for as long as it takes to clear the content. Our bench will be used to help fill out spots when other players are unavailable and contribute to strat discussions. Typically, we ask our players to be able to put in 12+ hours a day for at least three to seven days or so of new content, then we scale back according to everyone's needs. To put things into perspective, when we were working on Twintania, the last month consisted of six days of attempts per week on average, four to six hours a day, but for a while we were maintaining eight-hour days; right now, we put time into Savage Coil four days a week, two to six hours each day. We raid based around Pacific Standard/Daylight Time peak hours (see our application/trial guidelines page for more information; link is at the bottom of the post).

The most important thing to us is competing against ourselves and pushing our capabilities to the utmost. We can sum it all up in one word: "carefactor." (If it wasn't one word before, it is now.) How much do you care about your gameplay and how it affects your team? Are you the type of player that always asks yourself, "What can *I* do to turn this attempt into a win for us -- how can I make everyone else's jobs easier?" As an FC, that's the core value that unites us: the drive to be better for ourselves and for each other.

We are happy to consider exceptional players of any job, but we're specifically looking for main healers and tanks. We want healers who live and breathe output and efficiency, who can mindmeld with bosses and predict incoming damage to the point where the heal resolves milliseconds after the damage lands. We want main tanks who understand WAR/PLD synergy, can snap-aggro so hard that bosses' heads explode, and use cooldowns so perfectly healers can't even tell there's incoming damage.

If you have any questions, please first refer to our FC rules and our guidelines for the application and trial process. If you have anything further to ask, feel free to post here or privately contact me on guildwork.

To apply, pull the trigger at: http://bluegarter.guildwork.com/recruitment

(We are not affiliated with bluegartr.com)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Made some massive changes based on new recruitment needs; read original post for details.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

reopened

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Thanks.

We're still recruiting for 2.0; exceptional players are welcome in any roles, though we're still particularly interested in WHMs. If you're someone who never really stuck with 1.0, that's fine as long as you can convince us you're worth an investment.

edit:
    Since this comes up a lot: we are tentatively looking at a 4-day/week schedule, 4+ hours a day (Mon-Thurs 5 PM PST/8 PM EST to 9 PM PST/12 AM EST), but this is obviously subject to change as we learn more about the shape of content and potential lockouts. For most of 1.0 post-AV/CC, we ran mandatory events 3 days a week, but ended up farming 5+ days a week for varying amounts of time. Realistically, for world-first attempts, we expect people to be able to set aside at least a few days, 12+ hours a day, but we will scale back as necessary and utilize roster depth to prevent burnout.

As stated in the original post, you can PM me here or on GW, or take the time to put up an app @ bluegarter.guildwork.com. If you want more background information, read our About Us page and check out some of our front page posts.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

For anyone interested in playing with us in phase 3, we have several trial members who will be rolling new characters on Durandal to test leveling and participate in the new low-level dungeons, so that would be a good opportunity to get to know us.

We are currently debating which server we'll be transferring to, as Durandal is designated JP region, and we're going to play on an NA server for phase 4 and retail.

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If i wasnt in the EU I would really like to join you guys! Dedicated WHM too

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Oreth View Post
    If i wasnt in the EU I would really like to join you guys! Dedicated WHM too
    http://youtu.be/xhrBDcQq2DM

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
    lol! I am planning to move to TX next April so maybe one for the future if you would have me!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Oreth View Post
    lol! I am planning to move to TX next April so maybe one for the future if you would have me!
    Haha, right on. Apply when you're in Texas! Austin, Dallas, Houston?

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
    Haha, right on. Apply when you're in Texas! Austin, Dallas, Houston?
    In Austin.. Well probably will live in Roundrock tbh. Was over in April and really enjoyed it. Could be moving over already but have to tie up some things at home first etc!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

For phase 3, if anyone wants to run with us, we'll be on Durandal with our old characters. For retail, we've officially decided on Excalibur.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Phase 3, test 1, we'll be on Coeurl.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hey guys.

I'm a new player to FF14 but a major MMORPG vet, and moreso than being interested in joining a guild at the moment, I'm interested in finding a static group with players who actually have the ability exceed at their class. From reading this thread and creeping your site, it seems as though the players in this guild knows its stuff.

Not really asking to join at the moment, though I'm not opposed to it at all - I just like to play with people first rather then type 5000 words in a recruitment interview about how l33t I am, only to later find out it's probably not the best fit.

Just wondering if this guild has a static that's short a person or two and could use an extra player who knows what he's doing, at least for the first couple of days. I'm looking to put in about 16-20+ hours for the first 2-4 days or so and would love to find a couple others with the dedication and sense of humor to put up with me

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If you'd like to say hello on Durandal in phase 3 once we get access to legacy characters, or Excalibur for phase 4, you can send me a tell and I can give you a social pearl. Until then, we're on Coeurl.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Will do. I have a few jobs at level 25ish on Bahamut but I was planning on playing via legacy server anyway, as I figured the more competitive guilds would probably end up there making the experience more enjoyable.

I'm pretty sure Durandal is JP (I think?) but I'll start a fresh character there and check it out.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianMann View Post
    Will do. I have a few jobs at level 25ish on Bahamut but I was planning on playing via legacy server anyway, as I figured the more competitive guilds would probably end up there making the experience more enjoyable.

I'm pretty sure Durandal is JP (I think?) but I'll start a fresh character there and check it out.
    It is; we'll only be playing on Durandal because our 1.0 characters will be there for phase 3, then we're moving to Excal.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Updated original post to reflect current recruitment needs.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Edited to reflect current status and needs.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

[NA] [EXCALIBUR]

Hardcore raider looking for static for 2.4 Cleared all current end game content and have 110 BIS WAR/DRG as well as 110 PLD/MNK/BRD .

prefer to WAR tank but can switch to dps or PLD if required.

Looking for afternoon PST raid times

char name Andres Jaramillo