FFXIV Character
    Laude Valiquette
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Hnnng, having financial trouble lately, so I can't afford picking up brand new games ><

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Most likely this will end up being a sleeper hit like Just Cause 2. It will drop in price soon enough.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Most likely this will end up being a sleeper hit like Just Cause 2. It will drop in price soon enough.
    Funny thing about this is the JC2 costume unlock if your system has a save file of JC2.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Shit I didn't realize this was coming out tomorrow. Same day as Darksiders II, ugh... choices. Will probably hold off on this till I finish Darksiders.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Shit I didn't realize this was coming out tomorrow. Same day as Darksiders II, ugh... choices. Will probably hold off on this till I finish Darksiders.
    Fuuuuuuuuuuu...same boat, didn't realize it was tomorrow. Gg this summer flew by fast...

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I didn't like Darksiders, so my choice has already been made. But sadly with working on the new house I won't have time to play this at all. So I'm going to hold off for a bit until we get moved in. Maybe I'll get lucky and there will be a price drop.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So what's the verdict?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I just saw a review. After expecting another cheap Asian open-world crime game like the Yakuza series, this one seems like a high quality GTA4/SR3 hybrid with a hint of cheap Asian graphics.

Will definitely check it out after price drops or a rental.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rui Seiken
    FFXIV Server
    Jenova
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

am enjoying this so far, but not a fan of the driving. i feel like i'm playing burnout or something, or some other shitty arcade racer. shits too easy. rode a 30 something second wheelie last night lol. GTA had better driving imo. i also don't like how 3/4 of the people speak cantonese to the character and he responds back in english. kinda ruins the immersion factor

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Finished the game the other day. Probably the best storyline I've seen for open world GTA-like game I've seen.

One of the missions almost had me bawwing but not gonna say which!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Sold!

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Picked it up, here are my thoughts. So far the plot is very well done. Easily along the lines of the Yakuza series in terms of scope and the ability to suck you in(though with a shit load less characters to keep straight.) Combat is fairly well done, they completely ripped off Batman's combat counter system. They did it quite well though. There are a ton of side missions to do though they can be a little repetitive. You can set up drug busts which gives you police credibility. You can enter fight clubs where you need to fight off waves of bad guys for street cred. Then you can do the Triad missions to build up credibility with them.

On top of that there are street races, cock fighting rings, clothing shops(that each have different items to buy), car shops(can only buy, no customization sadly), and a bunch of other little shops. The driving is probably the worst part of the game. The controls are a bit too touchy and it seems like they didn't quite know how to program drifting as you usually end up overshooting your turn or slamming into something. The environment is nicely done and the weather effects aren't bad. A nice little touch, if you're driving a motorcycle in the rain it's extremely easy to wipe out. The ramming function in cars is entertaining to say the least.

All in all it's not a fantastic game. It rips off everything it has from one established series or another. But it does it well enough that you don't see any glaring faults with the gameplay. The story alone is enough to keep me entertained. I give it an 8/10. If you like the Yakuza series(like I do) you will almost definitely like Sleeping Dogs.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

It's time to get ready for a wave of new Sleeping Dogs download content hitting Hong Kong this October from game-extending mission packs to powerful player upgrades, plus the first story-driven game extension to be revealed at October's New York Comic Con.

Street Racer Pack
    Delve deeper into the underground world of street racing with the adrenaline-fuelled Street Racer Pack. Three lucrative new races await across the streets and waterways of Hong Kong island: Kamikaze, a race up and down the winding tracks of the city’s Victoria Peak; Cross Island Enduro, an epic endurance motorcycle race; and the high-speed Harbor Run boat race. The Street Racer Pack comes complete with a new Sting superbike, a Dragon Helmet and a Racing Jacket with extra protection against gun fire.

SWAT Pack
    Patrol the streets of Hong Kong in an armoured van and respond to multiple emergency situations across the city in the SWAT Pack. Kit yourself out in a full-bodied Super-SWAT Tactical Uniform and withstand twice as much damage. Plough into fugitive vehicles with the armoured SWAT van and use it for cover as you take down armed robbers, drug runners, smugglers, and resolve hostage situations.

Tactical Soldier Pack
    Command authority as you dominate the streets with the Tactical Soldier Pack. Prepare to take on all that Hong Kong throws your way, fully equipped with the strongest armour and most destructive weapon in the game. The Assault Rifle from ‘The Funeral’ and ‘Civil Discord’ missions (with its under-barrel grenade launcher) will be readily available at each of your apartments alongside the Tactical Outfit, the game’s most powerful personal protection. Always accessible, grab them whenever you feel the need to unleash a display of force.

Community Gift Pack
    Specially prepared by the development team at UFG, from us to you 100% free of charge.
    http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/sl...wnload-content

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I bought this game last night on amazon for $30. Booted up the game and got the infinite loading screen of death. After checking the support forums I just now find out that the first reports of this shit were back in August 17th and over a month later they still haven't fixed it. Beware if you are buying for PC because it's broken as fuck.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I have it for pc, didn't have any problems with installation or gameplay.

I'm pretty much going to mirror everything most people have already said, driving is the worst part of the game, especially for pc, the handbrake doesn't really work as expected, and the driving controls are extremely stiff.

that aside, the game is fantastic, everything else about the game is phenomenal.

combat system i would say is better than batman arkham city. very similar setup, but the character animations and the transitions between them are much more fluid in sleeping dogs than in batman. in batman sometimes it looks like your character is a pinball bouncing back and forth between enemies, all the transitions between enemies, grapples, and combat moves in general look and feel much more fluid in sleeping dogs.

the combat really feels like your character knows martial arts, instead of just bouncing back and forth hitting and kicking whatever enemy is within range.

most of the combat in the game is melee, there are a few parts of the games where guns come into play but not many. that is the only other part of the game that i feel needs some work, but its such a small part of the game in comparison to driving that its really a minor issue.

i finished the story missions and i still want to finish all the rest that there is to do, with me thats pretty rare.

playing through arkham city now after sleeping dogs and wishing the combat was more similar to sleeping dogs. it really is that good.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Halloween-themed DLC brings the supernatural into Sleeping Dogs' version of Hong Kong, with the developers' take on zombie fiction via Chinese mythology. Nightmare in North Point tells the story of a gang member whom the Triad tortured and killed; here, he comes back to life with an army of the undead, and it's up to protagonist Wei Shen to take care of the threat.

The developers presented a live demo of Nightmare in North Point in which Shen took on possessed members of the 18K Triad gang. Their eyes glow blue, and when they're killed, they disappear into the ground in a flash of green light. It's a good thing he now has lightning fists courtesy of some magical tea from an earlier mission. Shen also has to contend with Jiang Shi — Chinese vampires. For them, he has a peach wood sword. According to Chinese lore, such blades were used in Taoist exorcisms.

No price was announced at the panel. According to a representative for Square Enix, Nightmare in North Point will offer a few hours' worth of content.
    http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...t-release-date

Drops October 30th

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne