BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

More tests:

1. Finding Impact's Resist Element (FFXI AH Topic here)
    I tested against every element and could not find a case where the element resisted Impact's debuffs. Since elementals are immune to enfeebles of the resist element matching their own (Or an element they're resistant against), that means Impact's enfeeble component is elementless.

2. Blue magic additional affects (Old news, but Nightfyre said his data was uncertain about his earlier results?) using bind (Question: Ice element or Fire element when using Blastbomb); all tests used ES.
    Fire elemental: Resist
    Water elemental: Bind
    Ice elemental: Resist
    Earth elemental: Bind

Pretty good case for ice elemental debuff despite the spell being fire. Again, old news.

Images: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fjx49zv3m...ect%20Elements

Interesting note: Absorb spells override Impact's debuff (See the dark elemental picture where the elemental used Absorb-CHR).

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Update: Impact's effect is Dark Resist Element.

Sawtelle noticed a 10s duration for two casts, so I looked into that. If you correct for ~2s and look at the ES Impact picture, the 10s durations are really 11.25s and the ES Impact's duration is really 90s. I went out and retested the ES Impact and found 90s duration again. Thus, the effect is unresisted like Bio/Dia, but the duration can be resisted. The duration resistance is Dark Element. New images added to the previous post's link.

Edit: Sawtelle points out that the damage indicates duration resistance; thus, if you do half damage, expect half duration. This could be an interesting tool for future tests....

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Interesting note: Absorb spells override Impact's debuff (See the dark elemental picture where the elemental used Absorb-CHR).
    Absorb spells override most any stat-down, as well as from another absorb. Been playing Absorb ping-pong with mobs for years. I'd be interested in which ones or sources it doesn't override though to see if it's a matter of potency that lets it override or if they just always override.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sawtelle noticed a 10s duration for two casts, so I looked into that. If you correct for ~2s and look at the ES Impact picture, the 10s durations are really 11.25s and the ES Impact's duration is really 90s. I went out and retested the ES Impact and found 90s duration again. Thus, the effect is unresisted like Bio/Dia, but the duration can be resisted. The duration resistance is Dark Element. New images added to the previous post's link.

Edit: Sawtelle points out that the damage indicates duration resistance; thus, if you do half damage, expect half duration. This could be an interesting tool for future tests....
    thats good to know, I guess with an dark m.acc you could stick its full duration almost all the time I guess

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    Absorb spells override most any stat-down, as well as from another absorb. Been playing Absorb ping-pong with mobs for years. I'd be interested in which ones or sources it doesn't override though to see if it's a matter of potency that lets it override or if they just always override.
    That should be testable via Ballista (Would be very difficult to use mobs due to the formula for Absorb spells).

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    thats good to know, I guess with an dark m.acc you could stick its full duration almost all the time I guess
    This would make finding Dark SDT very easy to notice as well since MDT and MDB won't affect the duration. Unlike QD, this spell can be ESed as well. The interesting note is that the base duration is going to be 22.5s and a half resist will be 90s, which is roughly enough time for a zerg. That said, if Sawtelle is right, Elemental Magic should indirectly enhance the chance of landing Impact's debuffs.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Terror is non-elemental status element (No trials gave credit)
    Ray isn't thunder or dark
    Addle isn't fire or thunder

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Addle isn't fire or thunder

What are you testing?

Addle is definitely Fire based. Based on VW proc messages and the actual icon in the spell list (plus the BRD song also)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The Status Effect Element. If you use Addle and defeat a mob corresponding to the fire magian staff, you will not get a message. The resist element may be fire, but that's different.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by grevenilvec75 View Post
    What are you testing?

Addle is definitely Fire based. Based on VW proc messages and the actual icon in the spell list (plus the BRD song also)
    the spell itself, aka the element to land the spell might be fire based, but the debuff on the mob itself is not. (similar to Absorb spells, where the spell is dark based, but the debuff they land is not).

wouldnt be surprised if addle's debuff is based on earth because of the increasement of casting time. I dont think magic accuracy was ever associated with any element (looking at rings and gear that have it) (unlike INT STR etc considering the absorb spells and rings), so the debuff might as well be non-elemental.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I'm almost entirely certain it's earth, and may share a resist trait with Slow.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Edit: No element. Tested every element.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Edit: No element. Tested every element.
    I'd say thats a bug then...that doesnt seem right at all. There was a bug when certain WS's wouldnt apply for WS trials, could be the same issue.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I'd say thats a bug then...that doesnt seem right at all. There was a bug when certain WS's wouldnt apply for WS trials, could be the same issue.
    there are spells that are non-elemental/debuffs, so it doesnt have to be a bug at all

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    there are spells that are non-elemental/debuffs, so it doesnt have to be a bug at all
    If 2 of the 8 elements are completely immune to addle, then it stands to reason is it of one element and the fact that none of the element debuff trials get credit for it demonstrates its a bug.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Remember that resistance element and status effect element are different. I haven't tested, but I'm guessing Addle's resistance element is fire, but the status element is null.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Considering Fast Cast and Chainspell both have purple icons, cast speed could be a thunder based buff and cast speed down could be earth based. Addle slows casting speed and magic accuracy but it doesn't give both effects(like how Enervation gives two debuffs), Addle is a unique status that comprises of both cast speed and m.acc down similar to how weight is movement speed and evasion down.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Very late reply (hurricane!) but I can confirm this. I was farming alfards some time ago, and the t1 hydra always took half damage from impact (including with ES), and the duration of the debuff was always 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I'm almost entirely certain it's earth, and may share a resist trait with Slow.
    I've resist(!!)ed addle quite a bit on bst, so I'm pretty sure it does share a trait with either slow or amnesia.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Wiki says Pinecone Bomb's sleep is non-elemental since it can proc on Undead and Greater Birds alike with great accuracy.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

In the .dats with (de)buff lists/icons, the buffs with an ID of 2 and 19 are both named "Sleep" and have the same icon. I assume these 2 sleeps are Light and Dark (not sure which is which though). Lullaby is also separate and has a buff ID of 193.

I've done some testing and found that a mob can be immune (get the "Completely resists" message) to one type of sleep, but still be slept by the other. I only tested this with Dark sleep immunity and landing Light, but it should apply the other way, too. I also found that the Resist Sleep trait can only proc on Dark based sleeps, and Pinecone Bomb is Dark sleep.

I did the Dark/Light Sleep tests in Dyna-BCD a while back when farming NQ relic. I noticed the Hecteye pets gave the completely resists message on Dream Flower (Dark), but I could still sleep them with Sheep Song (Light). This got me thinking and I tested Sheep Song on PLD mobs and never got a "Resist!".

I tested Pincone Bomb today after seeing that post on official forums linking to wiki. I couldn't land Pinecone Bomb's sleep on the birds in West Altepa, skeles in Gusgen, or Dark Elementals in sky. I did land the sleep on ghosts in gusgen, but those didn't resist Dream Flower either like the rest of the mobs.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Ghosts can be dark-based slept. Are you sure that Resist Sleep doesn't work on any light based sleep? I know that Repose bypasses it, but I thought Lullaby didn't.