Closed Thread
Page 4 of 335 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    fine, if theres two black kids, one is a suspected dangerous suspect, and the other black kid starts barking and running at you, i'd say you could shoot yea.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Look, I fucking love dogs. I have a black golden retriever and a corgi and I'd be devastated if someone hurt them. But this shit is fucking dumb.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Because you saw how the dog acted?
    No, but i'd imagine it's more or less the same way pretty much every dog acts: it ran up and barked at him.

If that dog actually attacks you, you could either get injured by it directly or the owner could shoot you while you're dealing with it.
    May as well just pop the dog first thing then every time then. Fuck there's a dog over there sleeping, better kill it, so it can't wake up and attack me.

MaachaQ

This story made the evening news over here in Korea, I wonder how many other places it's spread to by now... Just another story making the US look like the "Wild West." ^^;

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

It's not that dumb, you can't possibly be surprised that this has upset people. Wasn't even the right guy... I mean it's clear why people are upset. Dude was playin frisbee with his dog... shits fucking tragic man. Can't just start shooting dogs and shit before you know whats going on. A lot of dogs are going to bark at strangers.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    Would you be saying the same thing if he shot the guy? Worrying about your own safety is one thing, killing everything that poses a risk is an entirely different thing.

By that logic, i should shoot black kids walking through my neighborhood wearing a hoodie with skittles in his pocket, because hey, my safety comes first, and i never know if he's going to shoot me first.
    http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com...8889548810.jpg

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

No, but i'd imagine it's more or less the same way pretty much every dog acts: it ran up and barked at him.

May as well just pop the dog first thing then every time then. Fuck there's a dog over there sleeping, better kill it, so it can't wake up and attack me.
    This. The breed of the dog had nothing to do with it almost every dog I have EVER owned of various breeds would run up to the fence and bark at someone if they came near the property. They wouldn't keep charging and bite the person randomly unless that person went to pet them without permission (This includes my blue queensland healer) A reasonable reaction on the cops part would be to expect this as it is normal dog behavior and to give the owner a chance to restrain the dog.

Edit: seriously lol at people thinking that a dog acting territorial over its house is the same thing as a dog acting aggressive and like it is going to bite someone. News flash: most dogs are territorial.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    It's not that dumb, you can't possibly be surprised that this has upset people. Wasn't even the right guy... I mean it's clear why people are upset. Dude was playin frisbee with his dog... shits fucking tragic man. Can't just start shooting dogs and shit before you know whats going on. A lot of dogs are going to bark at strangers.
    It's not the situation itself that bothers me, but the outrage over it. Yeah, the dispatcher fucked up big time. Giving the wrong address on such a violent call is a big fucking deal, not only because this guy got fucked but also because it means police response to the original caller was delayed.

But a "justice for crisco" facebook group? The kind of "Cops are fucking stupid, train to be nice to everything plox" rhetoric thrown around in this thread is just batshit stupid. As far as the cop was concerned, this dude was not a nice person and his dog was not liable to be much nicer. There was a logistical fuckup, a dog was killed, but thankfully no one else was hurt. Apologize, mourn, move the fuck on. This could have been a lot worse.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Tbh, i'd love to see some statistics on how often cops are killed/seriously injured by dogs in places where cops don't carry guns.

Because based on some of the arguments here, i have to wonder how they even replace the cops fast enough, since they must be dying left and right to dogs.

Resident Gestapo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Even if the officer was at the wrong house, I don't think anything will come of that detail simply because the officer was acting on good faith. Now the victim (I say victim because he didnt do anything wrong) in this case will probably end up suing for emotional/mental stress damages (which they always win) and that'll be the end of it. I know some of you think that's terrible logic, but let's think realistically here. It was a dog, not a human. There's no proof that either story from the victim or officer is true and not all of the details have surfaced yet. I'm personally gonna wait till the video and audio comes out and gonna keep tabs on the CIC report.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's not the situation itself that bothers me, but the outrage over it. Yeah, the dispatcher fucked up big time. Giving the wrong address on such a violent call is a big fucking deal, not only because this guy got fucked but also because it means police response to the original caller was delayed.

But a "justice for crisco" facebook group? The kind of "Cops are fucking stupid, train to be nice to everything plox" rhetoric thrown around in this thread is just batshit stupid. As far as the cop was concerned, this dude was not a nice person and his dog was not liable to be much nicer. There was a logistical fuckup, a dog was killed, but thankfully no one else was hurt. Apologize, mourn, move the fuck on. This could have been a lot worse.
    I don't even care that the address was wrong. That's not the cop's fault, and i can't blame him for that. It was a bullshit move regardless though.

This could have been a lot worse.
    Oh, no big deal then. As long as he didn't shoot the guy 8 times, missing seven times and hitting someone else each time. It's great that he only killed one dog (that was probably trying to kill him) instead of 8 innocent people!

BG Level

I really, sincerely, not trolling at all, hope you are able to continue living in a world where you never have to make split-second lose-lose choices that may or may not cost you or someone else their lives. I really, really do.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Tbh, i'd love to see some statistics on how often cops are killed/seriously injured by dogs in places where cops don't carry guns.

Because based on some of the arguments here, i have to wonder how they even replace the cops fast enough, since they must be dying left and right to dogs.
    I think the difference in people's arugments is the negative is stating if the officer isn't in danger of getting killed or seriously injured, then he shouldn't take any action towards the dog. If an officer is in danger of even getting bit or think he's going to get bit, I think his action is justified. Pressure situation, I'm not waiting to see if the dog is just acting territorial or if he's coming to do damage.

Shouldn't have barked in a warzone.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Shooting someones dog surely helps keep the situation from escalating

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I really, sincerely, not trolling at all, hope you are able to continue living in a world where you never have to make split-second lose-lose choices that may or may not cost you or someone else their lives. I really, really do.
    Correct me if I am wrong but shouldn't the cop have avoided putting himself into that situation in the first place? Why was he alone answering a domestic disturbance call with a potentially violent dangerous man? Why did he charge in right away without surveying the situation which would have given the homeowner time to secure his dog?

The way the article reads (in addition to others) the cop put himself into a dangerous situation and someone else suffered as a result of his fuck up and the dispatchers fuck up.

But who knows it is rather irrelevant until more evidence is presented showing what the situation was actually like because honestly I am not inclined to believe either the guy or the cop because they both have so much at stake so their accounts of the situation are going to be clouded.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Nephlite View Post
    Even if the officer was at the wrong house, I don't think anything will come of that detail simply because the officer was acting on good faith. Now the victim (I say victim because he didnt do anything wrong) in this case will probably end up suing for emotional/mental stress damages (which they always win) and that'll be the end of it. I know some of you think that's terrible logic, but let's think realistically here. It was a dog, not a human. There's no proof that either story from the victim or officer is true and not all of the details have surfaced yet. I'm personally gonna wait till the video and audio comes out and gonna keep tabs on the CIC report.
    There's SOME audio available from the dash cam of the responding officer.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

some of you must be cat people

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    This. The breed of the dog had nothing to do with it almost every dog I have EVER owned of various breeds would run up to the fence and bark at someone if they came near the property. They wouldn't keep charging and bite the person randomly unless that person went to pet them without permission (This includes my blue queensland healer) A reasonable reaction on the cops part would be to expect this as it is normal dog behavior and to give the owner a chance to restrain the dog.

Edit: seriously lol at people thinking that a dog acting territorial over its house is the same thing as a dog acting aggressive and like it is going to bite someone. News flash: most dogs are territorial.
    So as a cop I'm supposed to assume that when a dog starts barking and acting in a territorial manner that it's just putting up an act and won't attack? Going into a potentially dangerous situation no less? Sounds like a recipe for a cop being on the wrong side of a maw full of teeth.

Then what?

Yes it's unfortunate that this dog was shot but as a cop I imagine you don't have much time to gauge what's territorial behavior and what's potentially a dog ready to lash out in a hostile situation such as this. Even the most miniscule of breeds can act as a distraction long enough for the owner to get the upper hand in the situation and so it comes down to the judgement of the officer to decide if deadly force is justified.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Stop acting as if every dog owner loves their animal and trains them properly.

You damn well know that in many cases people get a dog to intimidate people and when that dog starts trying to attack someone don't be surprised if some people choose a violent response.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

So does placing handcuff on suspects, I guess we should stop doing that too huh?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 335 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast