Closed Thread
Page 75 of 335 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    He squared off against a officer, with a Lego brick in his hand.
    Just think how much it stung when the officer stepped on that lego. This is no laughing matter, mister.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

according to Butt.
    Oh, okay.

Resident Gestapo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Not in the US, but I would say this is the epitome of ridiculous police news:

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/P...l?device=phone
    Another example of ridiculous laws on the books that are hardly or rarely enforced but still come up from time to time. I read one article that cited a political game by the jurisdictions prosecutors office that's seeking to get the people living in the area to move because of some resources/urban development a buyer is trying to get a foothold in to.

Can't remember where I saw it (might've been Yahoo news and I can't seem to find the article) but basically the people had failed to pay their gas bills that they haven't had to pay in decades and the police along with the service provider suddenly went to the town and started unhooking utilities to every house in the city. Of course the residents got pissed and a fight ensued and the prosecutors office ordered the police to arrest everyone in the town. Police went to get a warrant and the child got swept up in the warrant. The law on the books basically charges everyone who's deemed an "accomplice" to every party involved and doesn't discriminate against age. Wasn't till recently the minimum age to prosecute was changed from 8 to 12 but there's still some laws on the books there that doesn't limit the age of prosecution. The article cited several pieces of corruption by the business that was behind the prosecutions and a lot of money being shifted in to the local police forces pockets to get rid of these people.

And it's not even like this is a simple charge. Attempted murder carries the death penalty in that jurisdiction. The 9 month old could be sentenced to death for this.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

California Highway Patrolman Pummels a Crazy Woman for being a Danger to Traffic
    A shocking video out of California shows a highway patrolman pummeling a disheveled woman on the side of a freeway.

The California Highway Patrol has launched an investigation into the beating, which was filmed by a passing motorist on the 10 Freeway near La Brea Ave. on Tuesday afternoon.

Witnesses said the woman was wandering along a median next to the freeway on-ramp when the officer approached her.

In the video, they struggle for a moment before ending up on the ground, with the officer straddling the woman.

"He basically got on top of her … it's basically a UFC ground-and-pound move … full force, punching her in the head," David Diaz, who filmed it from his car, told KTLA-TV.

Eventually, as the woman covers up, another man appears and helps the officer restrain the woman.

The California Highway Patrol released a statement Thursday saying they'd seen the video of the freeway beatdown and were looking into it.

"As a matter of policy, every time there is a use of force by our officers, there is a review conducted to determine whether the use of force was appropriate," a patrol spokesman said.

The office and the woman have not been identified.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1854839
    http://ktla.com/2014/07/03/motorist-...on-10-freeway/
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...265784781.html

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

seems kosher to me

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

To be fair if the bitch was walking through traffic and putting people's lives at risk she deserves to get her ass beat.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

The tazer death lottery alternative.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dai...ntry-1.1871920
    Garner, 43, a 400-pound, 6-foot-4 asthmatic, died after cops put him in a chokehold and apparently smashed his head onto the sidewalk while cuffing him outside a beauty supply store in Tompkinsville.

The married father and grandfather, who police say had a history of selling untaxed cigarettes, was videotaped screaming that he couldn't breathe as a cadre of officers took him to the ground.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://nypost.com/2014/08/01/staten-...ed-a-homicide/
    Staten Island man Eric Garner’s death was ruled a homicide from the NYPD chokehold used to take him down during an arrest for selling “loosie” cigarettes, the medical examiner said on Friday.

“Cause of Death: Compression of neck (choke hold), compression of chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police,” the report said.

“Contributing Conditions: Acute and chronic bronchial asthma; Obesity; Hypertensive cardiovascular disease.”

Garner died on July 17 following an NYPD chokehold applied by Police Officer Daniel Pantaleo and captured on cell phone video.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

good maybe they get some justice in that

Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    good maybe they get some justice in that
    I'm not holding my breath.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Just because it was declared a homicide by the ME doesn't mean it was a criminal homicide.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    I'm not holding my breath.
    You really choked the life out of me with that one.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

such breathtaking puns

I think the joke has been thoroughly asphyxiated

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Not a police news, but holy shit I don't understand this so maybe some of the bg cops can explain it.

I live in an insanely quiet apartment complex. Probably the quietest one I have ever been in. And it's ruined by a complex across the way that has these wild parties all the time. Easily like 2 times a month they are blasting loud music til 2 AM.

We have called in noise complaints time and again, but are basically told that since we don't live in the complex, we have no way to let the police officers inside. Which means they won't bother doing anything.

Well, tonight these shitheads set off like 4 big fireworks. The boom was insane. Within ten minutes there was a helicopter circling (I assume trying to find where). After awhile it left and they all cheered and continued to party.

Fireworks in LA btw could burn up the whole damn city in a matter of minutes considering the drought.

So, I call the local department and report where it is coming from. Guy says they had a few reports but to give him the location we think it is from so they can send someone out. He also wanted me to talk to some communications dispatch and connected me over there. Women tells me, "well if you can't let the police in the complex, we probably can't do anything about it."

Really LAPD? So, if I saw someone getting beaten to death you would be all, "TOUGH SHIT FOR THAT GUY THERE IS A GATE"

How the fuck is there no back up key or something for this shit.

The mail guy can come in, but heaven forbid the police have access to anything.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

why do you want to kill your neighbors, 'sandy? i mean, i get they're kinda annoying but is that really worth killing them?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Obvious solution is to aim a firework into their development. They're behind a gate so fire/police wont be able to get in, people wont be able to get out, and since the firework went off in there it must be theirs.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Really LAPD? So, if I saw someone getting beaten to death you would be all, "TOUGH SHIT FOR THAT GUY THERE IS A GATE"
    Exigent circumstances give police the authority to enter. Having said that, there is nothing stopping them from going there and knocking/ringing a few doors.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Exigent circumstances give police the authority to enter. Having said that, there is nothing stopping them from going there and knocking/ringing a few doors.
    I don't see how setting off illegal fire works isn't one of those circumstances. Especially, in LA.

But sure enough, cops showed up, didn't go into the complex.

The people are still partying. So basically they could be shooting shit off left and right and these guys wouldn't go through the gate.

I really want to report this to someone. I don't even fucking know who. Like the media to show how this is ridiculous. It doesn't make any sense that they can get away with this.