Closed Thread
Page 80 of 335 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well what did you expect those poor policemen to do, it's not like they're dealing with fine upstanding white folks.

Remember guys, the looters and rioters are who you need to be afraid of! They're dangerous AND they wear hoodies.

Also, these crackers are fucking trigger-happy lately, eh? 4 unarmed black folks executed in the past 4 weeks? Don't they know that they're supposed to pace themselves a little better than that. Must be that full moon effect.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    Must be that full moon effect.
    <insert joke about "moon crickets" here>

On a more serious note, this stuff has really got to stop. While I understand that police are doing a valuable (often thankless) job, we need to go back to the days where civilians weren't assumed to be killers and rapists just waiting for an opportunity. Cops are trained to hold on to their guns in even the most mundane situations, ready to blow fuckers away at the slightest provocation (real or imagined). That kind of paranoia becomes deeply rooted in their basic psyche, and it's no surprise when people keep getting shot by cops who had a "legitimate fear for their lives". They were legitimately afraid, but that fear almost always came from their internal beliefs and not the facts of reality.

I actually had cops bang on my apartment door last week, thinking I was at risk for suicide. Cop #1 was a pleasant, older gentleman. Cop #2 was mid-20's, hanging back a few feet off to the side with his hand on his holster for no apparent fucking reason. I might have been willing to let them into my apartment for the conversation if he hadn't assumed I was some dangerous animal and kept himself in a threatening posture (and yes, keeping your hand on a gun for no reason is threatening). Instead, they were politely told to go away while I stood in the doorway.

Tl;dr - approaching people with your hand on a weapon immediately puts the other person on the defensive, and it's not a real fucking surprise when things escalate from that really bad starting point.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Blubbartron View Post
    I actually had cops bang on my apartment door last week, thinking I was at risk for suicide. Cop #1 was a pleasant, older gentleman. Cop #2 was mid-20's, hanging back a few feet off to the side with his hand on his holster for no apparent fucking reason. I might have been willing to let them into my apartment for the conversation if he hadn't assumed I was some dangerous animal and kept himself in a threatening posture (and yes, keeping your hand on a gun for no reason is threatening). Instead, they were politely told to go away while I stood in the doorway.
    I'd have called him out on it and told him stop being so obnoxiously paranoid, that they came to you - and not even for criminal suspiscions

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I know everybody likes to shit all over the police with how much excessive force police use sometimes, but the people in this town were looting stores and protesting in a manner of civil disobedience that was plastered all over the general media. Maybe they're a couple days late with preventing the looting, but shit needed to get under control there.

Amen to that, brother.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Ah yes, good old false equivalence.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I always wonder if in situations like this, some of the officers go into work and are like... if you assign me on this, I quit. I mean, they have to live in the same city, surely some of them see this as a bullshit situation, but I never hear about anything like that.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Doubt it. Humans are really really good at developing "us vs. them" scenarios in our heads, so almost all cops (in the area) are going to view this as cops and robbers in which they are going to teach the robbers a lesson. the rest will acquiesce out of fear of retaliation, or sense of futility.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I always wonder if in situations like this, some of the officers go into work and are like... if you assign me on this, I quit. I mean, they have to live in the same city, surely some of them see this as a bullshit situation, but I never hear about anything like that.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Dorner ?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This Ferguson stuff might warrant it's own thread. Doesn't look like it's dying down any time soon.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    This Ferguson stuff might warrant it's own thread. Doesn't look like it's dying down any time soon.
    ok

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/123...issouri-thread

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rap video showing real excessive force/violence committed by police officers from around the country;

Register to see the NSFW content

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

http://www.klfy.com/story/26349989/v...dings-released

not sure if this story had been posted or not anywhere, i didn't see it here

basically, victor is handcuffed from behind in the back of a police cruiser, police say he had a handgun hidden and shot himself in the back while handcuffed in the back of the cruiser.

autopsy is released and it turns out victor died from a gunshot wound to the chest, while handcuffed in the back of a police cruiser.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/2...-surrendering/

n Albany police officer, who shot and killed an undocumented immigrant four years ago, has been suspended and is facing dismissal after video captured him tasering a kneeling teen who was surrendering at the time of the incident.

Sgt. Vincent P. Igoe, is under investigation by both local authorities and the FBI after he tasered 16-year-old Kelijah Fink following a high speed chase that authorities claim reached 110 miles per hour, according to CBS6 Albany.

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    http://www.klfy.com/story/26349989/v...dings-released

not sure if this story had been posted or not anywhere, i didn't see it here

basically, victor is handcuffed from behind in the back of a police cruiser, police say he had a handgun hidden and shot himself in the back while handcuffed in the back of the cruiser.

autopsy is released and it turns out victor died from a gunshot wound to the chest, while handcuffed in the back of a police cruiser.
    silly policemen didn't even get to the coroner first to give them the ol' wink wink nudge nudge

Not sure if posted yet but some guy got SWAT raided while livestreaming. "Swatting" apparently is some new prank trend where someone calls in a fake threat to someone they don't like and SWAT shows up (potentially shooting them and/or killing their pets)
    So much freedoms! Only in Murrica.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyX View Post

Not sure if posted yet but some guy got SWAT raided while livestreaming. "Swatting" apparently is some new prank trend where someone calls in a fake threat to someone they don't like and SWAT shows up (potentially shooting them and/or killing their pets)
    So much freedoms! Only in Murrica.
    Been going on for a while actually. It's dying down a bit but there's been a few incidents in the bay area over it. Thankfully no one shot up or anything, but it's a huge fucking waste of resources as most SWAT teams are comprised of people of all shifts and as such they are on call 24/7, so yay for overtime for them I guess?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Been going on for a while actually. It's dying down a bit but there's been a few incidents in the bay area over it. Thankfully no one shot up or anything, but it's a huge fucking waste of resources as most SWAT teams are comprised of people of all shifts and as such they are on call 24/7, so yay for overtime for them I guess?
    I have seen this many times over the last 2 years or so. My question is, how the fuck can they justify storming a house on nothing but the word of a fucktarded teenager over the phone? What in the flying fuck makes them think this is a good idea? Both the cops and the caller.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Why doesnt the person who makes the call get busted?