+ Reply to Thread
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Semi-Annual Update : Spring 2012

Salutation Compadres!

The Wiki has been growing and reformatting at a somewhat alarming rate, but not always in incredibly obvious ways. Here are some of the things that have happened:

1) Abyssea Monsters and Drops have been added.
    All hail Septimus! This infrastructure is, as far as I can see, complete. We still need to add quests and notes about Notorious Monster gimmicks, but otherwise this section is complete.

2) Trials of the Magian pages are all completed.
    We have all the requirements and paths listed. Again, it was mostly Septimus.

3) Voidwatch is finished.
    Barring any future strategy updates or proc system changes, the Voidwatch section is pretty much complete. Slycer and the community deserve a lot of credit for this. This is probably our section that has the most community involvement.

4) Legion has begun.
    Everyone is still working out strategies/wondering why SE didn't give this event drops people care about. The page exists!

5) Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey came... but is probably going to leave pretty soon.
    SE doesn't seem to have designed this event to have any longevity, but the pages are all made and as complete as can be.

6) Spell re-templating.
    In keeping with our Job Ability/Trait changes, we re-templated all the non-Blue Magic spells. As far as I know, those pages have the most accurate and up to date information about all the spells. Also, if you click the little scroll icon it will take you to the spell scroll page, similar to how the AH icon on item pages takes you to FFXIAH.

We also took this opportunity to address some of the issues I raised here. There are now category pages that have information common to groups of spells. If you can't find the information you are looking for, check the category page.

7) Assorted other things:
    * Merit Point page was re-worked.
    * New Crafting recipes were added.
    * Old Crafting recipes are migrating from the main page to the item pages. (in progress)
    * Bestiary refinements.
    * Walk of Echoes expansion.
    * Ragns fixed the search engine, which we didn't realize was broken. I honestly thought it was just a terrible search engine that just found exact matches, but it was broken.
    * Maaany other things. We've had >500 page edits in the last 3 days, so I can't see further back than that.

An Aside:
    The wiki has come a long way and typically has all the information about new content first, because the community on BG (and sometimes FFXIAH) is typically the first NA source of information about new events. This is great, and we're grateful for it.

However, a lot of the writing on bgwiki ends up copied and pasted onto FFXIclopedia. Please stop doing that. It's bad enough that our google page rank is shit because we don't have money to pay black hats like wikia. Do they also have to take the content?
    BGwiki version :: Wikia version
    All of the writing is literally copied and pasted from an old revision of bgwiki.

This isn't surprising, and this isn't new. The fact of the matter is that people have been copying and pasting stuff from bgwiki onto ffxiclopedia pretty much forever. We simply don't have the resources to police this and it is unclear whether the site actually has contactable moderators that would do anything about it. A note like this is pretty much all we can do.

If you're copying stuff, please stop. The people that work on bgwiki have made a conscious decision to not work on ffxiclopedia. Please respect that and stop duplicating the pages. If you think it's useful enough to deserve duplication, then simply tell people to use bgwiki.

Thanks for all the support and all the random edits! Ciao~!

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Also
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    That sounds good to me. Other than crafting, I see the following things that need to be done still:
    * Status Effects
    * We have Abyssea NM pages, but we don't have any notes about fighting them at all.
    * Updated monster pages, specifically focusing on TP moves and monster/NM list.
    * Re-Templating 95% of the monsters in the game.
    * Adding new monsters from the 80-99 cap updates outside Abyssea.
    * Specific GoV # enemy and xp reward information
    * A lot of misc. information that we don't really know should be tested or checked (like Enmity values for everything from 80 to 99)
    * Pictures!!!!

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It looks like "This code and information has been copied verbatim from the BlueGartr Wiki." is formatting weird on the pages.

http://i43.tinypic.com/wpf9j.png

Using Firefox 11

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

rofl that looks epic... i'll get rid of it for now. I think the table breaks the code.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Well... Fuck.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    Well... Fuck.
    I think it was only the one in the table, so I just removed that one. I don't see that happening anywhere else on an older Firefox version.

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Fixed, lol

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fred Gimyajan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Regarding the spells, in particular: Arise.

I do realize the .dat for spell casting time/recast delay does indeed list the recast as 56s (looked in it myself), but in all actuality it is two minutes. Given all that the spell does, I did find a lower recast than Raise I-III, which are all 1 minute, hard to believe.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

For whatever reason, every 2 minute spell is listed as 56 seconds in the .dats. I updated it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fred Gimyajan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    For whatever reason, every 2 minute spell is listed as 56 seconds in the .dats. I updated it.
    Very strange indeed, did not know that. Cheers for the fix.