+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Saying "look like" in say chat turns on the violation censor for those words lol...wtf.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Saying "look like" in say chat turns on the violation censor for those words lol...wtf.
    Yea, the censor system is pretty derp. I linked a friend some gear and the name was filtered lol

There are a million options for customizing the face of your character but only one body type. I don't want megatits.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

well I was never gonna buy it anyway cause I don't have the time/money but coming from someone who has only played ffxi and asheron's call way back in the day:

I love the graphics & colors, the races and the battle system.

Buuuut....I hate the way leveling is set up, and that is really a gamebreaker to me. Obviously it's fine to most people, as I understand it WoW is the same way, where you spend your entire game time until endgame constantly fetching and killing a set number of things for this or that NPC that you don't give two shits about. Just to compare to FFXI, XI was so story-based, it made you care about the place you were in and the characters. With Tera I don't get that at all. There is a certain amount of freedom to that, as it's less ponderous and you don't have to be as tied down to one character/server but really, it just feels empty to me.

I'm sure those for who like PvP and once you reach endgame it gets tons better, I would love to play in endgame parties in Tera. I can imagine it being awesome. I'm just a little disappointed how many games are based off nothing but fetch quests now.

Also it irks me so much that game difficulty is often dumbed down for US release when coming from a country like Korea or Japan. I thought someone mentioned that a lot of Tera's shit was made easier for US. Even as a first-time player who sucks at keyboard, Tera feels easy. Needs moar difficulty.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

why does alot castanic plate gear have a cloak covering all the back usually, how am I supposed to enjoy dat ass?! O_o

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

The combat difficulty was only really nerfed for story mission BAMs, as far as I know, since they removed Kais Bindings (an item you could grind to collect which would severely weaken story mission NMs when thrown at them). The main change coming over from vanilla k-tera is the exp curve, which was made significantly less grindy, and the enchanting system which was made much friendlier (you can't suddenly drop your +9 weapon down to +0 when the RNG screws you).

I agree that I don't really care much about the random npcs I turn fetch quests into, though. To be honest, quest text is small and my vision is bad enough without trying to read that nano-speak. I still don't know what the story is about or why poporia is filled with zombies and pora elinu's witches are all brainwashed. I absolutely abhored FFXI's stupid whack-a-colibri system for exp, but completely tying the storyline into the exp system means that you can't really stop and enjoy the story without falling dramatically behind exp-wise. I want to level up quickly, but I want to take the story at my own pace - and unfortunately I just don't have the option for both in TERA.

As far as straight difficulty goes, I'm generally okay with it. The game allows you to set up whatever challenges you feel comfortable with. Fodder mobs are always going to be weak, but solo'ing BAMs is a lot of fun. Early dungeons haven't been difficult at all (We did Bastion at level 20 with absolutely no healer or lancer, just 5 DDs blasting shit), but I've heard that the higher level dungeons have hard modes and such so I'm looking forward to that. I'm just annoyed by the fact that all dungeon fodder mobs have the elite classification, so they have a bajillion more HP than normal. I'd prefer to fight regular fodder with a few more mini-bosses thrown in than the swarms of Fodder-With-50,000-HP you see in Manor. It's not like they can actually kill you, they just chew up time.

Biggest complaint right now is the cacophony of blatant glitches that suddenly pop up now in OBT when we had no trouble in any of the 5 CBTs. Artifacting, chat log wipes, insane filters blocking any messages that include quotations, it's just ridiculous.

The chat system in general seems like a complete afterthought, and to be perfectly honest I think that's entirely understandable. You can't type while playing TERA. You just can't. But because of that, it's positively baffling that the game lacks native voice support. TERA's native communication options fall behind even FFXI's, a 10 year old game. If we didn't have a BG vent, it would be pretty much impossible to communicate effectively while playing the game.

Biggest general peev? Probably the fact that there isn't much purely recreational content. Everyone's going to have downtime. A lot of people during the beta have chosen to cap gathering and crafting skills during theirs, but I'm never really much of a crafter in any MMO I play. I don't want to spend 100% of my online time on battle content (maybe 99%), so I find myself without much reason to be online when I have downtime. It doesn't help here that the chat system is underdeveloped. FFXI can be run on an iphone so it didn't matter, but I don't see a reason to put my GPU under load just to idle in Velika. This is the time I would have used in FFXI to work on nation missions or large questlines. But since those missions and questlines are all tied into the EXP system in TERA, I've already blitzed through them all and can't re-do them.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    No eye color selection, seriously? What is this 2004.
    this was a complaint that people had with GW2's first several beta's. We saw how fast they changed that. lol Bluehole isn't going to change shit at this point. Thank god we have "makeup" in Tera. Something that ANet STILL refuses to add to GW2's character creator. ie ... take what you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    why does alot castanic plate gear have a cloak covering all the back usually, how am I supposed to enjoy dat ass?! O_o
    Its not just Castanic. I could have sworn that in KTera there was none of these "quilts" covering plate wearers' asses over there. I am a human lancer and I have that same ass covering blanket. I am hoping there will be some Asian Tera .dat swaps for these as well. I know there are some Elin dat swaps and some Castanic/HElf nipple bearing armor dat swaps out there. Anyone know of one for human plate? (Or the rest for that matter.)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ... but completely tying the storyline into the exp system means that you can't really stop and enjoy the story without falling dramatically behind exp-wise. I want to level up quickly, but I want to take the story at my own pace - and unfortunately I just don't have the option for both in TERA.

Biggest general peev? Probably the fact that there isn't much purely recreational content. Everyone's going to have downtime. A lot of people during the beta have chosen to cap gathering and crafting skills during theirs, but I'm never really much of a crafter in any MMO I play. I don't want to spend 100% of my online time on battle content (maybe 99%), so I find myself without much reason to be online when I have downtime. It doesn't help here that the chat system is underdeveloped. FFXI can be run on an iphone so it didn't matter, but I don't see a reason to put my GPU under load just to idle in Velika. This is the time I would have used in FFXI to work on nation missions or large questlines. But since those missions and questlines are all tied into the EXP system in TERA, I've already blitzed through them all and can't re-do them.
    (I merged a couple of paragraphs because to me they are basically the same gripe worded differently.)

I really wish that MMO Developers would understand that story/missions are in fact important and they are a real forms of end game content. It would have been a really nice method to give more content to the game where the end game will currently be relegated to "difficult" 5 man dungeons, reputation farming and "rift"like "horde mode randomly generated unorganized raids.

The beauty that was FFXI was there was a large variety of options to take up any given day after you hit 75. No other MMO since XI has understood that we do not just want to go do that "raid" every week. I will be honest. I look at Tera as a game that has a great potential. How much shelf life that it actually has will be determined not with what it launches with, but what it gives us in June.

As far as straight difficulty goes, I'm generally okay with it. The game allows you to set up whatever challenges you feel comfortable with. Fodder mobs are always going to be weak, but solo'ing BAMs is a lot of fun. Early dungeons haven't been difficult at all (We did Bastion at level 20 with absolutely no healer or lancer, just 5 DDs blasting shit).
    The simple fact that there are multiple types of content for multiple types of players is the best thing I have seen in an MMO in recent history. There never again will be another FFXI. The "you must group to level efficiently" days are far behind us in the MMO genre. However, there are still those of us who would rather kill more difficult things in groups for a larger "payday" than to go quest solo.

As for difficulty... meh it feels like its faceroll now, but I have watched enough twitch.tv to understand that its not always going to be that way. (Although I did watch a stream last night where the lancer was a moron and died, then the mystic died and they managed to basically 3 man the final boss in SM with little real difficulty.) I have enjoyed the game quite a bit. Duoing the Bams out in celestial hills with my priest partner getting 32-35k a kill just cause we can do it.

Biggest complaint right now is the cacophony of blatant glitches that suddenly pop up now in OBT when we had no trouble in any of the 5 CBTs. Artifacting, chat log wipes, insane filters blocking any messages that include quotations, it's just ridiculous.
    The game really has a HUGE number of unacceptable glitches and bugs with the smaller parts of the game. Its not just about the glitches but its also about options that simply are not there. That being said, Tera is still a pretty decently polished game. One that in my mind is more polished than SWTOR and definitely better off than Warhammer. I'd compare it to AoC, but anyone who ever played that game at launch understands that there were better games put together in people's basements in the 70s on homemade computers.

The game has its issues, but its still a better option for our time than SWTOR EVER was. I just wish I could wear the high elf armor on my human. I like the whole "racial" armor thing, but it also bugs the hell out of me at the same time.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I really think the currency system changes (gold into copper/silver/gold) fucked with the economy. People place too much value on the new gold's worth, and we have undercutters undercutting the undercutters who were already undercutting someone else.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Maaglin View Post
    Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it seems really hard to pick drops and gold up. I seem to have to rotate the camera and click the item 3 or 4 times.
    Haven't seen this, only problem i've had is , when I press F, I auto run into NPC/person/plant/wall and don't "run around" to get said item ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Midi View Post
    I wanna say people are just bored and want to make post-32 leveling easier. Sitting at 32, and there aren't any rewards for pvp. Kinda thinking of farming the instance for golds myself.
    Been farming since day 2 basically after hitting lv 32. Didn't personally see much use for +6ing gear if its hard to do, and it all won't matter by next week O_o
    I've already expanded my inventory to max space ( 30g + 80g + 100g to maxout)
    and 200 alchemy (probably 100g-200g) and now 100g ish again, and plan to maxout weapons+armor i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    I really think the currency system changes (gold into copper/silver/gold) fucked with the economy. People place too much value on the new gold's worth, and we have undercutters undercutting the undercutters who were already undercutting someone else.
    yup... been doing that! since less and less buying as beta nears the end, trying to get rid of the stuff before it becomes worthless next week!

I've started farming Lv 38 CR mobs for the gear there, the mobs surprisingly don't hit hard (archer shots are 50, berserker mob hits 200's, and their specials are 1000-2000). Only thing is you don't hit them hard (highest crit of like 4K, where on a Lv32 mob it would be around 20,000-26,000)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I'm no fan of the gold/silver/copper system by any mreans. I seriously want to go back to ONE currency, which makes more sense to me. However, economies have a way of balancing themselves out. If the price of a certain item on the market goes down its because supply went up, demand went down, or both.

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post
    As for difficulty... meh it feels like its faceroll now, but I have watched enough twitch.tv to understand that its not always going to be that way. (Although I did watch a stream last night where the lancer was a moron and died, then the mystic died and they managed to basically 3 man the final boss in SM with little real difficulty.) I have enjoyed the game quite a bit. Duoing the Bams out in celestial hills with my priest partner getting 32-35k a kill just cause we can do it.
    Is it just me who finds it pretty silly (this is not directed to the person I'm quoting or anyone special) whining about dificulty, at LEAST before level 50? Honestly, how many MMORPGs offer much of a challenge before close to max level? Shit I've seen people whine "man it was way too easy to level to 10", well what the fuck did you expect, like seriously, did you think you'd die 15 times before level 5?

As long as there is SOME challenge at 60 I'm fine, really.

(Ranting at ranters).

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

tbh it doesn't really bother me. I could care less about gold at this level. I only really use it to +6 my shit and loan it out to the people who, ironically, are leveling crafting in order to make big bucks.

I doubt this is going to be like ffxi where EXP and endgame content cost more money than they generated (generally none unless you merc drops/currency) and we needed 50-100 million gil to snag a -1 Earthen Abjuration: Body or whatever.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

The reason they changed the currency was because Vanarchs in Korea hit the money-cap, 999 billion or something equally silly.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So how long before money inflation is a problem for our server?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

If chat filters aren't fixed by retail I'm gonna be really bitter. Gotta love how it filters stuff that isn't remotely bad, but it won't filter a single line of a RMT spammer

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Its not about chat filters, its about the entire chat system. I came to understand that you were talking to friends last night in our party/guild and I NEVER saw your conversation. Meaning the chat system doesn't work correctly half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakisho View Post
    Is it just me who finds it pretty silly (this is not directed to the person I'm quoting or anyone special) whining about dificulty, at LEAST before level 50? Honestly, how many MMORPGs offer much of a challenge before close to max level? Shit I've seen people whine "man it was way too easy to level to 10", well what the fuck did you expect, like seriously, did you think you'd die 15 times before level 5?

As long as there is SOME challenge at 60 I'm fine, real
    Exactly, difficulty will scale as we level. Difficulty, will be higher at level 60. There ARE "heroic" dungeons.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post
    Its not about chat filters, its about the entire chat system. I came to understand that you were talking to friends last night in our party/guild and I NEVER saw your conversation. Meaning the chat system doesn't work correctly half the time.

Exactly, difficulty will scale as we level. Difficulty, will be higher at level 60. There ARE "heroic" dungeons.
    At some point last night my chat box reverted back to its contents from a couple hours prior and no longer updated...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Quote Originally Posted by Rakisho View Post

As long as there is SOME challenge at 60 I'm fine, really.

(Ranting at ranters).
    Lotta people here are from ffxi where you actually could die 15 times before level 10 lol.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    At some point last night my chat box reverted back to its contents from a couple hours prior and no longer updated...
    Today mine decided to not register any of my outgoing chat, or pointer clicks...though it was the first day zoning and whatnot didn't break incoming.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by CasualPlayer View Post
    Lotta people here are from ffxi where you actually could die 15 times before level 10 lol.
    No joke. FFXI beta, lvl 1 rdm, Zeruhn Mines (or whatever connected with Mining Dist), EM bats, first time fighting anything. Death. ><;