+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    No joke. FFXI beta, lvl 1 rdm, Zeruhn Mines (or whatever connected with Mining Dist), EM bats, first time fighting anything. Death. ><;
    "what do you mean you have to equip your weapon first?!"

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Complaint: Servers down this week... Fuck. I feel like a cocaine addict or something right about now. >.>

Blowing up 7 blue weapons trying to get a gold to +6 and not succeeding...feels good man.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Blowing up 7 blue weapons trying to get a gold to +6 and not succeeding...feels good man.
    Does it make you feel any better knowing you'd probably be down to +2 if they hadn't made it "easymode"?

Quote Originally Posted by Trocian View Post
    Does it make you feel any better knowing you'd probably be down to +2 if they hadn't made it "easymode"?
    No it doesn't, not at all!

I don't really care too much, not like this shit wont be replaced by lvl 35 blues. Shit some of the lvl 30 crafted blues are better in stats then the golds. Golds just have the extra socket and 2 extra bonuses.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Would be financially better to have made gold this beta, and on head start use progress tokens blues, to enchant the Lv38 golds...! (progress tokens only go to Lv 37 gear).
    Used all my gold for inventory expansions (over 210gold) and getting alchemy to 200 (about 100+ gold)

Quote Originally Posted by CasualPlayer View Post
    Lotta people here are from ffxi where you actually could die 15 times before level 10 lol.
    Yeah I know, that's why I said most. No but seriously, most of the deaths (all?) in early FFXI was due to attacking EM++ with half health, or just thinking you could kill that last enemy before you had to rest, not really hard, but people/I get impatient.

Shit, I had a friend who for the first day or two thought the only way to get healed was through cure or running to his mog house, game was hardcore for him yo!

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by CasualPlayer View Post
    Lotta people here are from ffxi where you actually could die 15 times before level 10 lol.
    THIS THIS THIS oh God the memories...lol

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Lets see... I need a complaint. Oh, here's one!

Can we disable that goddamn text wheel that pops up if you're pushing too many buttons at once? Nothing is worse than overcharging my big mamma-jamma-slamma thunderstrike on a bosses back, and I move to the left and I've suddenly dropped my hotbars to the next page and have pulled up the goddamn battle text wheel. Then I have spend 3 seconds running around uselessly trying to figure out how in the hell to get my shit back to normal. Thank God I've never gotten anyone killed during this.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

It's one of the many, many glitches that cropped up in OBT I think. Holding E brings up the battle text wheel, but for some reason hitting E while charging a skill seems to process as Alt+E as far as the game is concerned (which is the shortcut for swapping hotbars I believe). Lil and I have had the same problem all weekend.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

More of a question than a complaint, but is there a way to map Alt out of the UI swap? It's defaulted to both Esc and Alt, but when I hit Esc to map a command, it'd show up as "Alt" in the mapping, almost like the game thinks the Esc and the Alt keys are the same. But then when I tested Esc+#, it won't trigger my Alt+# shortcuts, so the game obviously recognizes them as different keys, simply not when setting shortcut keys apparently.

I only use Esc to swap the UI, and it sometimes when I Alt+#, it'd swap the UI mid battle which is really annoying.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Think the worst for me was the chat bug, I';d be logged in the game for around 20+ hours a day, and the chat REALLY got weird, to where changing tabs would make it go back like 15min in text.

It wasn't as bad in the 5-6 hour ranges when it first starts.

BG Level

Oh yeah, that reminds me. The game would keep syncing my playtime with my party members, so I could be online for 6 and a half hours and suddenly get a "You have been playing for 2 hours" message. We had a couple points where the entire party would get the same playtime message simultaneously, despite us having staggered login times.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Has anyone else experienced what appears to be a memory leak? UI/game gradually becomes very clunky after about 3+ hours of consistent play for me. Not a huge deal since a simple client restart fixes it, but I'm wondering if it's a problem on my end.

BG Level

I've seen a lot of people having that problem.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Lets see... I need a complaint. Oh, here's one!

Can we disable that goddamn text wheel that pops up if you're pushing too many buttons at once? Nothing is worse than overcharging my big mamma-jamma-slamma thunderstrike on a bosses back, and I move to the left and I've suddenly dropped my hotbars to the next page and have pulled up the goddamn battle text wheel. Then I have spend 3 seconds running around uselessly trying to figure out how in the hell to get my shit back to normal. Thank God I've never gotten anyone killed during this.
    A million time's this, first time it happened, i couldn't move my character or click on anything until i hit e, which seemed to stop it, but it happened all the time, and always midcharge

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    More of a question than a complaint, but is there a way to map Alt out of the UI swap? It's defaulted to both Esc and Alt, but when I hit Esc to map a command, it'd show up as "Alt" in the mapping, almost like the game thinks the Esc and the Alt keys are the same. But then when I tested Esc+#, it won't trigger my Alt+# shortcuts, so the game obviously recognizes them as different keys, simply not when setting shortcut keys apparently.

I only use Esc to swap the UI, and it sometimes when I Alt+#, it'd swap the UI mid battle which is really annoying.
    If you go to the key mapping and near the bottom there is an entry for something like UI mode, and the default keybinds on it are mouse5 and alt. Click in each box and hit backspace or delete (I forget which) to clear them and then esc will be the only ui key.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

yeah i was getting a lot of crashes, shit was annoying. of course it happens at fun times like during boss fights in SM, etc

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    No it doesn't, not at all!

I don't really care too much, not like this shit wont be replaced by lvl 35 blues. Shit some of the lvl 30 crafted blues are better in stats then the golds. Golds just have the extra socket and 2 extra bonuses.
    I crafted 3 level 30 blues and all sold fairly quickly. Base stats are better than gold.

Woulda crafted some 35 or 40's but finding Sulpha runes was fucking annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    getting alchemy to 200 (about 100+ gold)
    Whaaaaaaaaaaat?! I did 150-200 on crit scrolls, cost like 20 gold tops.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I got all the chat errors and white artifacting everyones talking about but I didn't have a single crash.