+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: GW2 BWE #1 (April 27-30)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Kwijiboe View Post
    I don't think I'd cancel my pre-purchase, but feels like you're forced to grind a bit too much for my tastes.

E.g., Finish lv11 Story Quest at lv11, next quest is Lv14 story... and I've already done most of the heart quests..
    I enjoy a little bit of a grind. Things like TOR and WoW are tooooooo fast now a days.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

How do you go about grinding? If it isn't main story line or heart quests I get like 12-14xp/kill. Unless we're talking about talking to every goddamn npc in the game, because the hearts only indicate some of the quest givers.

There's some dynamic events that repeat every few minutes. Also, you can switch over to the other race's starting areas and do the hearts and stuff there as well. You'll probably want to do that either way to do the skill challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwijiboe View Post
    I don't think I'd cancel my pre-purchase, but feels like you're forced to grind a bit too much for my tastes.

E.g., Finish lv11 Story Quest at lv11, next quest is Lv14 story... and I've already done most of the heart quests..
    Also, go exploring. You get a ton of exp for finding new areas.

The exp rate is a bit off yea, but there is so much to do, why are you are rushing through story content though. I think the xp rate is a bit slower than previous betas. move on the the higher level areas and do some new events. You can do hearts in every home area for norn and char also, as well as events, and gaining skill points.

My advice you do not grind for exp, nor race to endgame, you just play, I think with that mentality things would make more sense. Then when you are ready, do the story zones.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Best way to level up is DEs by far. Grinding mobs for exp will get you nowhere slowly. Hearts imo are really just a way of tracking your progress across a map and a quick indication of what level stuff in a certain area is. Full 100% explored not only nets you a pretty good chunk of exp but it will also get you a nice mail with 2~ greens in it (although, sadly not always useable by your profession).

Edit: Shit down or just me?

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'll be taking a bit of a break from PSO2 to take this for a while today. Already made on EB. I'll seek out a few when the servers come back up.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rysan Wulfric
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    Best way to level up is DEs by far. Grinding mobs for exp will get you nowhere slowly. Hearts imo are really just a way of tracking your progress across a map and a quick indication of what level stuff in a certain area is. Full 100% explored not only nets you a pretty good chunk of exp but it will also get you a nice mail with 2~ greens in it (although, sadly not always useable by your profession).

Edit: Shit down or just me?
    I got booted and have been getting error 48 for about the past 15-20 mins. Not sure what that means though.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Rysa View Post
    I got booted and have been getting error 48 for about the past 15-20 mins. Not sure what that means though.
    Can't log in, getting unable to complete operation. Also haven't been able to log into the forums all day, keeps saying my information is wrong and it clearly isn't.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Been down for like 40 min now for me.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Pretty congested today yeah. I feel bad for people who are having this as a first experience, and thought they were prepurchasing for a demo. Granted thats their own fault, but still. Games amazing and it'd be great if everyone got to see that the first time round, login issues are probably the most frustrating.

But at least we know how digital copies were sold out, they obviously had a number they wanted to hit based on the last stress test. Im sure they're getting valuable data.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well when stuff comes back up anyone in the ~mid 20s want to do some 'jumping puzzle' fights with me? I'm assuming they're going to be ridiculously hard now that champs have been buffed like crazy.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I thought I posted this already, but I've been so busy, I guess I just forgot. In-game name is Aneirin Cadwall (kind of an homage to my GW1 name, and a tradition of transposing a person of legend's first name to a surname) and the server is, indeed, Ehmry Bay. I haven't seen many of you around, however, because even this small portion of the game is HUGE.

I've been running around the Charr region (because it was the human region at some point and has a bit of nostalgia attached to it) on my human mesmer looking for anything we can do together with Evilmanta and his crew, picking up strangers here and there.

...but add me as a friend! Send a whisper! None of us will object to increasing the size of our roaming band of GW2 n00bs and we're up for whatever, considering this is just a BWE. We're just about finished exploring the Charr areas, and I want to check out the area around Divinity's Reach (Kryta) as soon as possible.

Also, Zzsark, I'd definitely be down for that if we can find some. I want to explore as much of the world as I can with the limited time we have until the next BWE/release.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Some of the one's I know how to get to are obvious something is there cause it ends up at a skill challenge but there's one in Charr 15-25 that's pretty concealed and in Kessex.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm a 14 Warrior atm. In game name is Byakko or add Killashu.9104. Dragir, whenever this server comes back up, we should do some stuff because I just finished the story.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Is guild stuff still working or did I lose my guild or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    Is guild stuff still working or did I lose my guild or what?
    Says you're online, but not representing. An alt?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Guilds seem broken. Says no one but me is representing which I'm pretty sure is clearly wrong.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Seems ANet is planning a BWE finale:
    Join us in the Wayfarer Foothills in the norn lands for a special Beta Weekend Event finale, tonight at 11:00 p.m. PDT.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

11pm...damn, I'll be outta the house