1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 13 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 13 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -4 hours, -47 minutes
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 162

Thread: Patch Notes 1.22     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #41
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Based on the way I read the notes (emphasis added):

    Ingenuity BSM30 Renders recipe difficulty equal to your skill for the next three steps.
    Hasty Hand LV15 Instantly completes synthesis when successful, but worsens results of failure. Adequate skill guarantees success.
    I'm late to the party and you guys already resolved that Hasty Hand doesn't work that way, but I assume "adequate skill" to mean 10 levels over the recipe.

  2. #42
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Not that you'd give a crap about exp gained from synths you're burning thru with HH but didn't they mention possibly removing the exp penalty it carried?

  3. #43
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,103
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Sanction gear is not gonna be the norm considering it requires seals to get (most likely 5k) and if you build your gear around it, I'm pretty sure you will grab sanction before any major engagement. 3hrs is a good amount of time.

    With the secondary hp set to your inn, I consider that a free teleport to any city of your choosing. As powerful as that pic of that staff is, I'd probably forgo the sanction bonus and save my seals and the trouble of having to deal with sanction all together and use more tradition weapon choices. +60 matk isn't gamebreaking to blow 5k seals IMO.

  4. #44
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    413
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Enygma55 View Post
    Sanction gear is not gonna be the norm considering it requires seals to get (most likely 5k) and if you build your gear around it, I'm pretty sure you will grab sanction before any major engagement. 3hrs is a good amount of time.

    With the secondary hp set to your inn, I consider that a free teleport to any city of your choosing. As powerful as that pic of that staff is, I'd probably forgo the sanction bonus and save my seals and the trouble of having to deal with sanction all together and use more tradition weapon choices. +60 matk isn't gamebreaking to blow 5k seals IMO.
    Depends on how easy it is for you to obtain seals. I dual box Toto-rak and can get close to 1.2k seals an hour X2 for the two characters , and if one character 'really' needs more seals then the other then I offload most of the unique items to that character and leave the repeats on the other one. 5k Seals isn't that hard for me to get in a days time. What really becomes an issue is if the sanction bonus is 'free' or if it requires seals to even get the bonus. That will be the major road block. That and if dying removes the buff.

  5. #45
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Something nifty I didn't notice looking thru the notes the first time around.

    Display Names

    Display/hide settings for each category.
    Player
    Name/Icon, HP Bar
    Party Members
    Name/Icon, HP Bar
    Other Players
    Name/Icon, HP Bar
    NPCs
    Name/Icon
    Enemies
    Name, HP Bar, Level, Aggression, Enmity
    Yay, I don't need to be constantly reminded of my own name any more.

  6. #46
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    294
    BG Level
    4

    There any dat mining going on?

  7. #47
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Dr Mog's stream of it and Daeva's website usually have constant updates. Mozk-tabetai was quick about it last time as well.

    http://www.daevaofwar.net/index.php?...mining-thread/
    http://www.own3d.tv/live/108596/DoctorMog
    http://mozk-tabetai.com/

  8. #48
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    All I'm seeing so far are mostly-known weapon models lacking their appropriate textures, as usual. ;/

    HOWEVER, CAPTAIN HOOK

    http://viion.co.uk/i/91017___ModelVi...7-56-21-81.jpg

    (edit: actually a lot of glossy new hand-to-hand weapons, weird)

    EPIC:

  9. #49
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,653
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Miner hat kinda confirms DoL AF at least. I'm assuming DoH will get it as well in 1.22a.

  10. #50
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,092
    BG Level
    8

    those weapons look very nice

    I like this one but fuck I'm not limsa =/

    http://viion.co.uk/i/90755___ModelVi...7-52-02-57.jpg

  11. #51
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,300
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

    ARC only bow seems better than Ifrit's bow...

  12. #52
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    I think they are trying their hardest to make us teeter between jobs/classes... ;/

  13. #53
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,687
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Wouldn't it be nice if both were actually viable, but different?

    There's no reason that jobs have to be the-same-but-better.

  14. #54
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,300
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

    The fuck, if those garuda stats are real I'm speechless.

    Their attack speed is faster than Ifrit's but I don't see how that horrible damage rating is going to make them viable at all, especially if damage rating actually changes stat caps.

  15. #55
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,092
    BG Level
    8

  16. #56
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    127 base DMG on Gardua spear... ouch.

  17. #57
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,092
    BG Level
    8

    wow garuda weapons actually differ, sword is pretty fuckin nice

  18. #58
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,945
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Looks like garuda weapon bonus is "Critical Hit Attack Power" and "Accuracy" across the board.

    edit: some weapons are better than previous, some not as good. Example:

    Garuda's Van
    Two-Handed THM's arm
    DMG: 63
    Delay: 3.9

    Wind Res +15
    Enmity -30
    Magic Accuracy +25
    Intelligence +30


    Garuda's Gaze
    Gladiator's arm
    DMG: 88
    Delay: 2.2

    Wind Res +15
    Block Rate +15
    Enmity +20

  19. #59
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    814
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Buttons Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Many of the new weapons have lower attack but in some cases a significant lower delay than Ifrit and current weapons.
    So will be interesting to see which turn out to be the best. :D

  20. #60
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    67
    BG Level
    2

    and the most interesting piece of gear out of all that is...Hamlet Digger's Helmet - HQ Rate +10. Garuda stuff looks like complete trash

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast