Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch Nooooooooootes!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Honestly, after leveling crafting in old final fantasy days when I had to make 10 mil each cursed dalmatica's to level.. the idea of crafting not being expensive is what's weird to me.

Edit: About the patch, I hope it is only applied to easy mode as hard modes should be a challenge and shit all over you if you make a mistake. That's what we found refreshing really - That we couldn't just go in and steamroll it on our first go as skilled players; we had to adapt.

Can anyone confirm whether the damage nerf is in HM as well? I haven't had a chance to run HM today.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

any one else having problems with this patch? Just d/ling it now and at first i was getting some error and after restarting my router, it fixed that. Now it gets to 99% and gets stuck in this loop of trying to d/l the last 1%.

Never mind, fixed it.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by madpersian View Post
    Can anyone confirm whether the damage nerf is in HM as well? I haven't had a chance to run HM today.
    Seems like it was. My DPS said cyclone hit them for a lot less, but I shield block it so I couldn't tell.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Easiest way to tell would be if the cyclone applied bleed or not.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Cyclone definitely still has bleed in HM.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Coren View Post
    Cyclone definitely still has bleed in HM.
    Don't know about damage reduction, but yea, it still has bleed.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Did HM FoK The dmg and the bleeding debuff is still there.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Patch Notes for Tomorrow (June 29th):

Cool New Stuff
    • Guild vs. Guild (GvG) competition has been added to the political system. And you thought politics was cutthroat before...
      • Would-be vanarchs select either “Voting” or “GvG Competition” when they register as candidates. Two provinces on each continent have been reserved for vanarch GvG and up to 50 guilds can register.
      • When the competition phase begins, the guilds of candidates who selected GvG enter a modified GvG battle with the other guilds on that continent that also have candidates who chose GvG.
      • The vanarch GvG battles last one week. Only kills scored on characters level 40 and up count, and the points a guild can earn from defeating a specific other guild has been capped.
      • Players in candidate guilds can check their current vanarch GvG points, but not the point totals of their competitors.
      • The two guilds with the most points on each continent get to rule.

• The warrior class can now choose to be offense or defense in the instance dungeon matching system.
      • Warriors who choose defense automatically receive a buff when entering the dungeon.
        • 30 percent decrease in damage received.
        • 40 percent increase in aggro acquired.
        • 70 percent increase in endurance.

Bugs Squashed

• Fixed broken text links in some quests.
    • Fixed where in the game clocks appeared twice.
    • Fixed bug where trial accounts cannot block other characters.
    • Fixed spacing bug in guild window.
    • Fixed links to Pururu’s puppy in the daily quest.
    • Cleaned up some wording in Balder’s Temple to make the fights and instance flow clearer.
    • Cleaned up some confusing names around the mills in the questline “Unveil the Mask.”

Miscellaneous Changes

• Increased crafting skill level-ups per successful crafting attempt. More time fighting, less time in the workshop!
    • Frames per second performance indicator has been added to the UI. It moves with the clock, but you can turn off either independently.
    • Guildmasters can now delegate GvG rights of declaration, surrender, changing GvG state (PVE server only) to a designated guild rank.
    • When warriors use Traverse Cut as a chain skill, damage received now decreases by 70 percent.
    • When using an emote more than four times within five seconds, the chat message associated with that emote will not display. You can still /cry as much as you want to, though.
    • The social chat message from successful gathering and crafting will no longer be displayed. Save the cheers; save the world!
    • Teleport scrolls from vanarch specialty stores will now indicate which instance they take you to.
    • Unique art assets have been added for guilds to congregate around.
      • Fighting arena outside the Velika north gate.
      • Guild gathering spots.
      • Podium (at Freedom Plaza within Velika).
    • Trial users will now receive options to purchase TERA throughout their trial play.
    • Trial characters will no longer be kicked out at level 23, but will no longer gain experience.

Zones

• We found some more loot! Rewards have been increased for six instance dungeons.
      • Sigil Adstringo: increase in weapon drops, armor drops, added crystals.
      • Ascent of Saravash: increase in weapon drops, armor drops, added crystals.
      • Suryati’s Peak: increase in weapon drops, armor drops, added crystals.
      • Kelsaik’s Nest (normal): added crystals.
      • Kelsaik’s Nest (hard):
        • Increase in fanesteel drops.
        • Increase in dream bindings drops.
        • Increase in tier 13 weapon drops.
        • Increase in tier 13 armor drops.
        • More refined alkahest and masterwork alkahest are dropped on average per dungeon run.
        • More crystals are dropped on average per dungeon run.
      • Labyrinth of Terror (hard): Increase godsmarrow drop rate, sleeper armor drops, and crystal drops per dungeon run.
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/patch-notes/patch-173202

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I like that Warriors can now queue as tanks, but is all the casual-izing really fucking necessary? Sigh.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Sorry, cleaned up the formatting, didn't notice the unordered list option in advanced. >.>

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Sorry, cleaned up the formatting, didn't notice the unordered list option in advanced. >.>
    Np and thanks for posting! I will update the OP.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Since Anarchic Cruxes don't give diminshing returns anymore:

Queue buff = Damage Taken -30% (Total Damage taken = 70%)
    Optimal T12/T13 body piece = 3 buffs of "Boss Damage Reduced 4.5%" for a total of 13.5% (Damage Taken = 56.5%)
    Four Anarchic Cruxes at 7.7% each = Boss Damage Taken -30.8% (Damage Taken = 25.7%)

To reiterate, 30% + 13.5% + 30.8% = 74.3% damage reduction; or 100% - 74.3% = 25.7% damage taken.

So stupid.

Edit: And don't forget to factor in the sword block that Warrior is going to get in QoA2.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

those buffs probably get removed when warriors can sword block I'd imagine.. if not they'll be so op... in instances O_o

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah I think they are only temp buffs for Warriors to help them learn tanking. It'll help a tiny bit with the queues of warriors who haven't tanked stuff before, so the run may not be a total failure. I was wondering if they'd give a stat buff when they said they'd do this b/c throwing a bunch of warriors who probably haven't tanked at all into Fane or BT and expecting success is laughable.

It won't help most wars learn tanking. They'll use it as a crutch, then QQ like crazy once the buffs are removed and the class is completely revamped, because they won't be able to adjust.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    Since Anarchic Cruxes don't give diminshing returns anymore:

Queue buff = Damage Taken -30% (Total Damage taken = 70%)
    Optimal T12/T13 body piece = 3 buffs of "Boss Damage Reduced 4.5%" for a total of 13.5% (Damage Taken = 56.5%)
    Four Anarchic Cruxes at 7.7% each = Boss Damage Taken -30.8% (Damage Taken = 25.7%)

To reiterate, 30% + 13.5% + 30.8% = 74.3% damage reduction; or 100% - 74.3% = 25.7% damage taken.

So stupid.

Edit: And don't forget to factor in the sword block that Warrior is going to get in QoA2.
    Are they additive?
    I'd assume that they'd be calculated independently, and not summed.
    30% reduction = 70%
    -13.5% of 70% = 60.55%
    -30.8% of 60.55% = 41.9%

That's assuming that the same items are summed and then calculated, and not independent calculations for each Crux. I haven't seen evidence of either, but I haven't looked too closely for it either.

Edditted to add: Ok, just saw about the Anarchic cruxes don't have diminishing returns... that could have just been within the Anarchic Crux calculation, and not relative to the whole process... But I see where you were coming from.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

so they updated traverse cut to give dmg reduction but didn't add it to the tooltip. idiots.
    I bet they never made the change... just like last patch notes said they added low chance of t13 gear to drop on normal modes and yet that never made it in the real patch... and just like it didn't make it into this patch

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

If it means I can finally fucking que on warrior and not have it take 5 hours, then I don't care how casual they make instances. Bring on the casual if it means I can play the game I'm paying to play.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

This means I can level my Slayer now and let someone else do the tanking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast