+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 LastLast

Thread: DPS Spreadsheets     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    Well, both wrong and right and right. The data page does check for it, except the data page forgot to change it from 'Att' and 'Acc' to 'R.Att' and 'R.Acc'. Also, the gear page doesn't have the columns added.

So, fixed and updated again.
    Awesome, thanks man

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'd like to simulate haste II on the nin sheet.

I was looking on the "other lists" tab, and saw where I thought I could make adjustments to haste, but it confuses me. I figured it would be 15, but it's 12. What would I put for haste II ? if not 30... 24?

Thanks

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Orestes View Post
    I'd like to simulate haste II on the nin sheet.

I was looking on the "other lists" tab, and saw where I thought I could make adjustments to haste, but it confuses me. I figured it would be 15, but it's 12. What would I put for haste II ? if not 30... 24?

Thanks
    if it's anything like the other DPS sheets, you click on the haste cell(the one with the word haste in it, not the 1 or 0), and get a drop down menu to select haste or haste II from. But I've never used the nin sheet. And I dunno if it's received that update.

EDIT:That value in the "other lists" you're looking at is most likely Ionis' haste values in x/1024, so about 1.2% haste.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    if it's anything like the other DPS sheets, you click on the haste cell(the one with the word haste in it, not the 1 or 0), and get a drop down menu to select haste or haste II from. But I've never used the nin sheet. And I dunno if it's received that update.

EDIT:That value in the "other lists" you're looking at is most likely Ionis' haste values in x/1024, so about 1.2% haste.
    Thanks for the heads up. I never knew Haste had a drop-down.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've noticed a few ws haven't been updated... so how do you tell if something has been changed to replicating ftp/change it? And how do you change ftps for ones with dmg varies with tp on ones that changed?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I've noticed a few ws haven't been updated... so how do you tell if something has been changed to replicating ftp/change it? And how do you change ftps for ones with dmg varies with tp on ones that changed?
    Open spreadsheet > Other Lists Tab > Scroll down to weaponskills. Double click the boxes for FTP to manually change.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    Open spreadsheet > Other Lists Tab > Scroll down to weaponskills. Double click the boxes for FTP to manually change.
    I understand that but the way I understand it accounts for over tping right? So do I manually calculate tp based on that and put that in and add in tp bonus? And what about the replicating part?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

There's a cell in the ws data called fTPcarry. Set 1 or 0 for yes/no.

As for the over TP'ing... I'm not quite certain what you're talking about.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmmm don't remember seeing that on the ninja one. That on the ws sheet? Well I thought it accounted for the fact that sometime you aren't exactly at whatever tp you set for that.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hmmm don't remember seeing that on the ninja one. That on the ws sheet?
    All the stats for a WS on in the other lists tab. The weaponskill tab is just where the calculations occur.

Well I thought it accounted for the fact that sometime you aren't exactly at whatever tp you set for that.
    I think it does, but I don't think that's something you need to manually adjust.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ah I was being dumb and actually editing the ws tab ftps lol. Disregard

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Does anyone have an updated thf spreadsheet? I don't know enough to peek under the hood and modify the october sheet.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post
    Does anyone have an updated thf spreadsheet? I don't know enough to peek under the hood and modify the october sheet.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxP...ew?usp=sharing

That's mine. It has Rudra's Storm and Evisceration updated as well as the accuracy cap increased from 95% to 99% for the main hand.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Does anyone know a way to simulate the 1% chance of no TP cost on Fotia gorget/belt on the spreadsheets?

Campaign
    BG Level

I was comparing various setups on ddBRD with AM3 up and down.
    On a hunch I have a feeling that unless you can get 3000 TP before a fight starts (or mid-fight because of Amnesia etc), "waiting" for 3000 TP every 180 seconds (less than that) would be a DPS loss compared to not using AM3 at all, but spamming WS at 1000.
    Is there a way I can simulate this on the spreadsheet to demonstrate if my hunch is correct or not?

The best simplification I can think of is:
    Over 180 seconds I will ouput X WS.
    If I want to keep AM3 up, I will output X-2 WS.

Still no clue how to reproduce this on the spreadsheet though.
    If I could know the amount of WSs I output during 180 seconds with the current gear, I could simply raise the minimum TP value for WSing (since raising TP doesn't increase damage for Mordant Rime) and the result would be the same.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I was comparing various setups on ddBRD with AM3 up and down.
    On a hunch I have a feeling that unless you can get 3000 TP before a fight starts (or mid-fight because of Amnesia etc), "waiting" for 3000 TP every 180 seconds (less than that) would be a DPS loss compared to not using AM3 at all, but spamming WS at 1000.
    Is there a way I can simulate this on the spreadsheet to demonstrate if my hunch is correct or not?

The best simplification I can think of is:
    Over 180 seconds I will ouput X WS.
    If I want to keep AM3 up, I will output X-2 WS.

Still no clue how to reproduce this on the spreadsheet though.
    If I could know the amount of WSs I output during 180 seconds with the current gear, I could simply raise the minimum TP value for WSing (since raising TP doesn't increase damage for Mordant Rime) and the result would be the same.
    You can't really make the spreadsheet do this calculation for you, but you can certainly use the data it provides with a little napkin math to figure it out.

Think about it as a 5 minute simulation. If you were so inclined to keep AM3 up, you'd be required to do so two times in this period.

If you look on the setup tab, it tells you how many rounds it takes you to WS @ approx. 1000TP. I have my NIN sheet open, and i've done this before, so I'll play along.

Using Nagi, with sange up & sam's roll to help gain TP faster:

I set the TP to WS requirement to 3000. The sheet reports this will take me 10.49 rounds on average to achieve. With Nagi, I'm forced to use Blade Kamu under this scenario, cause I obviously want to get AM3 up.

Using blade Kamu with AM3 down, WS'ing @ 3000, my DPS is 1345.321. So, the question is; How long did this take? The data tab tells me my delay per round is 90.8, and we know this took 10.49 rounds. We also know 60 delay in game is equal to 1 second.

90.8 * 10.49 = 952.492 total delay to 3000 TP
    952.492 / 60 = 15.87 seconds in RL. I'll round up to 16 seconds to make this easier.

So, we can gather AM3 must be put up twice in a 300 second period. It takes 16 seconds to get AM3 up. 32 seconds of our 300 total have been spent earning AM3. Approximately 10% of this duration is @ 1345.321 DPS.

The remaining 268 seconds of this time are spent spamming Blade Hi @ 1000 TP with AM3 up. The DPS for this is 1699.855

So, to average it out.
    1699.855 x 268 = 455561.14
    1345.321 * 32 = 43050.272

Combined DMG total for 5mins = 498611.412.
    Now just divide that by 300 to get DPS = 1662.038

Now, I turn AM3 off, and set the WS to Blade Hi @ 1000 TP.
    DPS = 1530.388

Looks like, under this particular scenario it's worth maintaining AM3. If I turn Sange off, and disable Sam's roll, the gains are much more narrow as you'd expect.

You should be able to adapt that to BRD.

HTH

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Something to consider. If the scenario involves 5 mins of continuous fighting then the second time you put AM3 up, you'd be building the TP with AM3 up already.

For example, on PLD single wielding it takes me about 20 seconds to get 3k TP. So I stop WS'ing and start building TP at 20 seconds left.

So for yours, instead of 32 seconds(16+16) you'd need 16+(3k TP time with AM3 up.) Which shoudl be a fair bit shorter. YOu'd also use AM3 up+3k tp kamu DPS for that time.frame.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    Something to consider. If the scenario involves 5 mins of continuous fighting then the second time you put AM3 up, you'd be building the TP with AM3 up already.

For example, on PLD single wielding it takes me about 20 seconds to get 3k TP. So I stop WS'ing and start building TP at 20 seconds left.

So for yours, instead of 32 seconds(16+16) you'd need 16+(3k TP time with AM3 up.) Which shoudl be a fair bit shorter. YOu'd also use AM3 up+3k tp kamu DPS for that time.frame.
    Thanks, that's a good point.

I also goofed on the DPS results above. I accidentally left the Minimum TP to WS @ 3000 for my blade: hi DPS results.

I know nobody here is asking about Nagi, but for completeness sake here's what the above example should have been. (Also taking Martel's suggestion into account) Hopefully this still helps if anyone else is curious about their mythic.

So, 16 seconds to build the initial AM3. The second AM3 built with AM3 already up is achieved in 9.52 rounds, as opposed to 10.49.

Delay: 90.8 x 9.52 = 864.416. Or 14.4 seconds.

The correction I noted above. Blade Hi spam @1000 TP with AM3 up is actually 2044.384 DPS. (Not 1699.855 that I posted above) Also, blade Hi being used exclusively without AM3 = 1860.140.

16 + 14 = 30 seconds total spent building both AM3.
    Again, this is a 300 second period of time.
    2044.384 * 270 = 551983.68
    1345.321 * 30 = 40359.63

Total DMG dealt: 592343.31
    DPS for maintaining AM3 = 1974.47

So, basically 1974.47 vs. 1860.140. Approximately a 6% increase in DPS.

Campaign
    BG Level

Yes thanks guys, using these calculations I got these data

DPS spamming at 1000 no AM3 => 757.822
    DPS spamming at 1000 with AM3 => 964.871

DPS trying for 10 mins starting with 0 TP => 910.23719
    DPS trying for 5 mins starting with 0 TP => 900.17798
    DPS trying for 2 mins starting with 0 TP => 858.8567

Of course the less I keep this cycle going, the less it is beneficial, but in all those 3 circumstances it was better than ignoring AM3 and just spamming 1000 TP WS, which would lead me to think my "hunch" was wrong.
    At least in theory.
    There are some considerations to be made:
    1) If I keep going further down there's gotta be a threshold under which it won't be efficient anymore to wait those 28.5 seconds necessary to reach 0>3000 TP and activate AM3
    2) All this data is very ideal and unrealistic. In a real scenario you have engage/disengage times. AM3 still ticks during those wasted moments, but you produce 0 DPS instead. It's hard to take this into account, but basically it's not beneficial to try to keep it up, unless we're talking about a constant stream of never ending monsters (XP scenario) and you can exploit autotarget to avoid disengaging/engaging.

Still it's good to know that if I'm fighting something that lasts at least 2 mins, it will be worth to aim for AM3 even if I have to start from zero, which is quite a new discovery for me, I used to think it wasn't worth it unless I had a certain amount of TP already before engaging.
    Thanks for helping me out! <3

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Mhm so ~2 minutes, good to know.

Personally I have always wondered if events like skirmish (especially rakaznar) where you don't maintain AM well from walking. Would put you behind and necessitate having a nonmythic weapon for the event.