Closed Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I used to know 3ring from FFXI too. He used to ask me RDM questions and congratulated me on getting the relic hat. Shame.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    You said WoW has the an almost identical system.

Your words, and they are wrong.

Now you're attempting to change my argument by using the word everything, which I never said or implied. Where's the real straw man here? Cause changing my argument to suit your own is the definition of it.
    You are correct, I should have said and/or, instead of and by itself. My overall point still stands. GW2 has some new stuff, mostly iterative stuff, and that it can combine into a good dynamic system.

As for Cleverness, people have stated that they love the systems in GW2, and said they were unique. I just pointed out that they were mostly iterative, then you freaked out like a small child.

"GW2 is the best game ever, nothing is even close, and everything in it is original."

Do you feel better now? I am sure you will sleep well tonight, sweet prince.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    I used to know 3ring from FFXI too. He used to ask me RDM questions and congratulated me on getting the relic hat. Shame.
    I am sorry to disappoint you.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Just stop arguing over shit you don't know about. Which, apparently, happens to include WoW alongside GW2. It's infuriating. When you know something about the subject, instigate all you want.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    You are correct, I should have said and/or, instead of and by itself. My overall point still stands. GW2 has some new stuff, mostly iterative stuff, and that it can combine into a good dynamic system.

As for Cleverness, people have stated that they love the systems in GW2, and said they were unique. I just pointed out that they were mostly iterative, then you freaked out like a small child.

"GW2 is the best game ever, nothing is even close, and everything in it is original."

Do you feel better now? I am sure you will sleep well tonight, sweet prince.
    http://memeorama.com/wp-content/uplo...ion-Beavis.jpg

It's ok ringthree, I understand you are not used to being told you are wrong when you are. People in this topic including myself have quite clearly shown why you are wrong, and yet you persist thinking that because WoW did it a few times it means the fact that GW2 does it all the time means it's not original. Yes, some games have moments where claim doesn't matter, yet what you fail to mention is that this is a minority of the content, and how a game is played when this is the case is drastically different than when this concept applies to every aspect of the game, which several people here have said themselves through personal experience. If you actually read up on anything about the game you would realize this, but A) you lack reading comprehension as you demonstrated when you tried to ridicule someone on theirs recently and B) you didn't actually do much research on the game, but had enough energy of course to complain about not getting a beta key on BG and talk about all the wrong things they are doing since you couldn't play it even though you don't know anything about it.

The funny thing is noone here defending GW2 is acting zealous over it, there has just been a recent wave of people knowing absolutely nothing about it trying to instigate their viewpoints against it, and people have to waste time explaining basic concepts of the game they could have learned on their own if they bothered to read. The sad part is you use WoW in your examples and you aren't even correct about WoW, and that game has been out for so long. And you're wrong about that. How are people going to take your opinions on GW2 seriously? Honestly.

Talking with you is actually really frustrating because talking with ignorant people like yourself turns into a waste of time because no matter how logical or concise things are explained to you, you will do everything in your power to twist it around so that it tries to meet your original agenda, like you did adding 'everything' to Rhyis statement when he didn't obviously say it. You claim I'm raging when I question your intelligence when you are doing very little to show you have some with your recent posts here, maybe you should stop raging yourself bro. Just sit back and admit you're wrong, it's the first step.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

*Popcorn*

Me: BG thread title is awesome, almost feels like I am watching a summer blockbuster!

SWTOR: Sort of like watching a movie from a galaxy far far away?

Me: ...

Me: Sure lets go with that.

SWTOR: What are the chances Ring the 3rd will admit he is wrong in some of his previous statements in this very thread?

Me: 0.02% chance. If he does... it may well usher in the 2nd coming.

Guild Wars 2: Amen.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    http://memeorama.com/wp-content/uplo...ion-Beavis.jpg

It's ok ringthree, I understand you are not used to being told you are wrong when you are. People in this topic including myself have quite clearly shown why you are wrong, and yet you persist thinking that because WoW did it a few times it means the fact that GW2 does it all the time means it's not original. Yes, some games have moments where claim doesn't matter, yet what you fail to mention is that this is a minority of the content, and how a game is played when this is the case is drastically different than when this concept applies to every aspect of the game, which several people here have said themselves through personal experience. If you actually read up on anything about the game you would realize this, but A) you lack reading comprehension as you demonstrated when you tried to ridicule someone on theirs recently and B) you didn't actually do much research on the game, but had enough energy of course to complain about not getting a beta key on BG and talk about all the wrong things they are doing since you couldn't play it even though you don't know anything about it.

The funny thing is noone here defending GW2 is acting zealous over it, there has just been a recent wave of people knowing absolutely nothing about it trying to instigate their viewpoints against it, and people have to waste time explaining basic concepts of the game they could have learned on their own if they bothered to read. The sad part is you use WoW in your examples and you aren't even correct about WoW, and that game has been out for so long. And you're wrong about that. How are people going to take your opinions on GW2 seriously? Honestly.

Talking with you is actually really frustrating because talking with ignorant people like yourself turns into a waste of time because no matter how logical or concise things are explained to you, you will do everything in your power to twist it around so that it tries to meet your original agenda, like you did adding 'everything' to Rhyis statement when he didn't obviously say it. You claim I'm raging when I question your intelligence when you are doing very little to show you have some with your recent posts here, maybe you should stop raging yourself bro. Just sit back and admit you're wrong, it's the first step.
    Perhaps, and I mean this honestly, you would be interested in sharing your next BWE invite? I would like to try out the game, but I am not interested to the point where I am going to buy the game before it is released. Then, in your eyes, I would be better able to engage in this discussion.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

WoW has adjusted almost all of their quests to include cooperative rewards and dynamic spawning and looting. Some of that goes back to at least Wrath.
    Its still not the same. You only need a hit or two to get full credit for any kill, in GW2, as compared to other games. That's a massive difference, because it takes the "race" factor out of killing, and it even takes asking or talking out of the question. WoW's system isn't anything like it when you consider the end project.

If you wanted to play the game, why didn't you purchase it so you could get into every beta? Its not like there's a monthly fee on it, so its not like you'd feel that you'd lose out on a purchase anyway. Play the goddam game before talking about it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Its still not the same. You only need a hit or two to get full credit for any kill, in GW2, as compared to other games. That's a massive difference, because it takes the "race" factor out of killing, and it even takes asking or talking out of the question. WoW's system isn't anything like it when you consider the end project.

If you wanted to play the game, why didn't you purchase it so you could get into every beta? Its not like there's a monthly fee on it, so its not like you'd feel that you'd lose out on a purchase anyway. Play the goddam game before talking about it.
    I don't really embrace the idea of paying for a game to try it out. It's just not my thing. I am not that into it that I would pre-purchase it. I don't begrudge those that are that excited about it. I completely understand, but I am not in that position.

I am interested in the game though, or I wouldn't be reading these forums or following the game. Just like I have with many other MMO's.

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The best idea, if you're interested but not THAT interested, is to wait for an open beta. They're very likely to have at least SOME degree of one, and if they don't... well, there's your answer.

Or just follow the GW2 twitter and try and nab a key. Sure, some of the sites were being a pain in the ass about it, but I'm sure with BWE3 there'll be even more keys up for grabs.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arelian View Post
    Or just follow the GW2 twitter and try and nab a key. Sure, some of the sites were being a pain in the ass about it, but I'm sure with BWE3 there'll be even more keys up for grabs.
    I do and have. Hoping for the next one.

I am definitely waiting/hoping for an open beta.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I don't really embrace the idea of paying for a game to try it out.
    I'm not picking on ringthree specifically (unlike most participants in this thread, it seems), just addressing the collective voice of people who are calling the pre-purchase bonus of guaranteed access "paying for beta."

Public Demo 1: Gamescom 2010
    Public Demo 2: Paris Games Week 2010
    Public Demo 3: GDC 2011
    Public Demo 4: PAX East 2011
    Public Demo 5: Fan Day at ArenaNet (Belleview, WA)
    Public Demo 6: ComicCon 2011
    Public Demo 7: Gamescom 2011
    Public Demo 8: PAX 2011
    Public Demo 9: Eurogamer Expo 2011
    Public Demo 10: Paris Games Week 2011
    Public Demo 11: G-Star 2011
    Public Demo 12: PAX East 2012
    Beta Weekend Event 1: Apr 27–29, 2012 -- Alongside 1 million~ beta sign-ups, 3 BWE1 codes per person were handed out at PAX East 2012.
    Stress Test 1: May 14, 2012, 11AM-6PM (PDT)
    Beta Weekend Event 2: Jun 8-10, 2012 -- Hundreds of thousands more codes were distributed through various 'media partners.'
    Beta Weekend Event 3: TBD.

No one has ever had to pay to try the game, and millions already have. While I understand that 'pre-purchase guarantees beta access!' might feel like a gimmick, ArenaNet is providing a guaranteed means to try the game otherwise, and have been doing so for a little over two years.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
    *Popcorn*

Me: BG thread title is awesome, almost feels like I am watching a summer blockbuster!

SWTOR: Sort of like watching a movie from a galaxy far far away?

Me: ...

Me: Sure lets go with that.

SWTOR: What are the chances Ring the 3rd will admit he is wrong in some of his previous statements in this very thread?

Me: 0.02% chance. If he does... it may well usher in the 2nd coming.

Guild Wars 2: Amen.
    WHY ARE YOU HANGING OUT WITH SWTOR??

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I don't really embrace the idea of paying for a game to try it out. It's just not my thing. I am not that into it that I would pre-purchase it. I don't begrudge those that are that excited about it. I completely understand, but I am not in that position.

I am interested in the game though, or I wouldn't be reading these forums or following the game. Just like I have with many other MMO's.
    I'm just saying that since you love talking so much, and you love feeling like you know so much, it would have behooved you to have actually played the game before you started talking about what you think you know about the game.

Just sayin'.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

This thread has become a massive shit fest. This argument has been going on for who knows how long, and it needs to stop because neither side here is going to give in. If the shit flinging keeps up I'll just lock it until the next BWE.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I think just close it and a new thread can be made at a later date.

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17