Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    The game kind of plays slow, reminds me a lot of XI in some ways, but it really does play like a MOBA. I'm sure I'll buy it but so far my experience is just kind of "eh".
    You really just said that it plays slow, and compared it to ffxi. Get the fuck out lol, it's probably the most fast paced/twitch game released to date when you're actually dodging, weapon swapping, and realizing that most enemies will miss you if you simply run to their side

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rysan Wulfric
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I'm having a lot of fun, but I learned the hard way that mobs more than a level above you, at least for a melee can be very dangerous. I got to take down the Shadow Behemoth earlier, which was a blast. I got a bunch of green item level rewards from the chest at the end of the fight.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Rysa View Post
    I'm having a lot of fun, but I learned the hard way that mobs more than a level above you, at least for a melee can be very dangerous. I got to take down the Shadow Behemoth earlier, which was a blast. I got a bunch of green item level rewards from the chest at the end of the fight.
    Where is this shadow behemoth and what level would you recommend being?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    You really just said that it plays slow, and compared it to ffxi. Get the fuck out lol, it's probably the most fast paced/twitch game released to date when you're actually dodging, weapon swapping, and realizing that most enemies will miss you if you simply run to their side
    I said reminds me of. It plays like a MOBA.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rysan Wulfric
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Where is this shadow behemoth and what level would you recommend being?
    The Shadow Behemoth is one of the Meta events that occurs in the swamp in the SE part of Queensland. It is a level 15 area, but I was level 12 or 13 when the event happened. A few events actually occurred before the Shadow Behemoth spawned. Lots of places got invaded by minions of the Underworld, and you had to go destroy the portals, and then there were 2 events in the swamp before it spawned. I think there were half a dozen to a dozen people there doing the event. If you get the message the "Swamp is Quiet" then you will have to wait a little bit before the event starts again. I'm not sure if the event is time based, or based on what people are doing in the swamp.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I said reminds me of. It plays like a MOBA.
    Youre entitled to your opinion, but FFXI was 30 seconds of auto attack for a single TP move. Most classes in GW2 have 10-20(elementalist) non-elite abilities with 10-30 second cooldowns, all with active dodge, and most with kits/attunements sliced on top. Elementalists have at least 10 solid abilities you want on cooldown at all times to maximize DPS across multiple elements(no c/d for first swap, only to go back to that element), and weapon classes like Warrior have nearly as many with straight up weapon attacks.. usually combined with an auto you're going to want to let hit 3rd chain at least once for the additional status effects (bleed/cripple/etc).

Quite frankly, even being reminded of FFXI befuddles me lol

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Yeah...I have no idea where you're getting the FFXI angle from. Just the dodging alone makes it a hundred times more fast paced than XI.

My biggest gripe was the same as TOR. Not being able to clip your current moves.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I'm pretty sure I've set the record for most deaths ever for a beta event. Playing a melee thief is a challenge in PVE but it became much easier once i equipped a short bow or 2 pistols. Even normal mobs 2 levels over me can 2 shot me.

Okay so. Engineer sucks until you unlock a lot of kits. But when you do, it gets really goddamn strong. Except its cooldowns are way too long.

I think I found my main.

Rift version 2. Will not be buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post

such a bad liar lol

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Uses the same basic concept for one type of system? Must be the same game.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Rift v2, Warhammer v3, DAOC v4?. Call the wahmbulance. =/

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    Cichy always had horrible taste in games. This is a positive thing imo.

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My few dislikes:
    As an Engineer, why can't I hit 1.5k+ AoE hits with my Grenades that have a shorter AoE radius -and- range like my Fire Elementalist brothers?
    I die so quickly when I'm not paying attention. A year of Rift has made me soft.
    My weapon augments and stuff do not translate over to my kits.
    Med Kit.
    White Norn can't jump.
    Getting from A to B takes sometime without a port.
    Armor damage from WvWvW.
    No other ports in WvWvW other than starting area/stonemist castle.
    When I open my map in WvWvW, doesn't show battles unless I'm near-ish.
    Engineer's kits in general need help. I have a love/hate relationship with them.

My likes:
    Can get lost in the game for hours. Oh it's 3:30 AM? Never noticed.
    PVE is a challenge. Another love/hate relationship.
    Rewards for exploring.
    Everything else.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Aristio View Post
    My few dislikes:
    As an Engineer, why can't I hit 1.5k+ AoE hits with my Grenades that have a shorter AoE radius -and- range like my Fire Elementalist brothers?
    I die so quickly when I'm not paying attention. A year of Rift has made me soft.
    My weapon augments and stuff do not translate over to my kits.
    Med Kit.
    White Norn can't jump.
    Getting from A to B takes sometime without a port.
    Armor damage from WvWvW.
    No other ports in WvWvW other than starting area/stonemist castle.
    When I open my map in WvWvW, doesn't show battles unless I'm near-ish.
    Engineer's kits in general need help. I have a love/hate relationship with them.

My likes:
    Can get lost in the game for hours. Oh it's 3:30 AM? Never noticed.
    PVE is a challenge. Another love/hate relationship.
    Rewards for exploring.
    Everything else.
    Agree with most of your dislikes, as for the waypoint thing in WvWvW, you can upgrade the Keeps to have waypoints. Takes a few days and a decent amount of silver but yeah.

The rewards for taking a keep/defending a keep definitely need to be adjusted because I wouldn't have a problem with armor repair in WvWvW if I was actually making more than enough money to support that. But I'm losing money anytime I go into WvWvW. lol

Don't know about any of the Engi stuff cause haven't played it.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Mobs are overtuned if you're a melee. Running into some of these events of your level, you get 1-2 shot or just instantly drop dead.
    This is borderline showstopper. Human Thief, been going through the storyline quests and if I get 2+ people on me, I'll be dead in short order. Especially since I only get two shots at evasion before cooldown.

Was very noticeable in the assassin fight, where they kept pouring in. I only had dual daggers at the time. Might have fared better with a shortbow, but if I get focused on, I'll be toast in short order.

Latency is hurting this as well.

They did say they were still tuning specifically the thief story quests.

Yea i do think they need to tone down champion mobs special attacks a bit till maybe level 20+ when people are more used to dodging and moving and have better gear etc, I do think melee should be buffed a bit in either dmg or hp to make them more viable in taking the risk in going in close to some mobs. Right now it makes no sense not to use a ranged weapon. In pvp its very different but in PVE right now its not very balanced. Then again we do not know how gear and weapon stat will be at higher levels either, it can maybe be much more balanced already at higher levels, but yea its pretty minor since these things can be easily tweaked in no time.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast