Closed Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

He's right, it is Rift Version 2 which means it's better than Rift and worth buying.

Rift had an EXCELLENT concept. Sucks that such great potential went to waste.

GW2 makes up for it though. They executed the concept flawlessly.

Ontopic:

Dislikes:
    Dynamic events do NOT happen enough in starter zones like Queensdale. The tier2 zones are where events start happening everywhere you go.

I don't like that you can hold strafe with a ranged weapon and simply dodge/kite a mob all day. I've killed the elite shades in the swamp in queensdale solo and got praised by a few lower levels "wow you're really good" eh no I'm not I just held D and kept poisoining ths mob.

I don't feel like armors help out as much as they should. Using level 5 equipment and then fully upgrading to level 13 or so felt like 0 change in defenses.

In closed beta you didn't have to tag mobs to get credit for the event you were doing. If you were in the area and people were there killing shit you got credit to. It made events seem fast and cooperative. Now though, as I melee I've decided to just use a bow and shoot everything at least once so I get maximum credit for said event. Feels lame :/

Favorite thing:
    GW2 brought back the RPG in MMORPG for sure. The skill points are brilliant. The design of the world is amazing. I was in a cave earlier and I told my buddy "holy f00k feels like I'm playing tomb raider"

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Rift v2, Warhammer v3, DAOC v4?. Call the wahmbulance. =/
    Technically this is all true if you're solely talking about WvWvW. I mean honestly, WvWvW is no different then RvR, most of the ideas come straight from WAR and DAoC. Which is a good thing cause DAoC was the end-all, be-all of PvP MMORPGs. No other MMORPG company in 10 years has even come close to taking Mythic's title yet... We'll see if GW2 can live up to the task.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

1) Whenever the servers crash, WvWvW resets. Not even colors stay constant. -.-
    2) WvWvW lags in large engagements, a lot. Reminds me of 2009 Aion.
    3) So hard to find groups in WvWvW or have proper communication on wtf is going on.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

3 will change once guilds start running premades all day everyday... And then the exact opposite complaint will come about. You won't be able to RvR without running with a group of people you know, with vent, without getting stomped. And then lots of bitching comes because there's no casual PvP. Believe me, it happened in DAoC and WAR.

2 I'm hoping is just a beta thing. If this lag/choppiness persists in the final product, whether it be PvE or PvP, this game will not last. No matter how well designed everything else in the game is. Nothing destroys the enjoyment level of an online game faster then performance issues.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If you're talking about tonight, pretty sure they did it on purpose. Somebody mentioned they did it last night as well. We were able to get back on instantly so that's not indicative of a crash.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I don't think you can judge WvW based on beta as i don't think many people are taking it seriously since it's beta. Once it's live, i expect things to settle down and communities to start building and thus communication in WvW.

So far i'm loving how huge the zones are and how easy it is to avoid the zergs and actually accomplish something.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xalien Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

2) WvWvW lags in large engagements, a lot. Reminds me of 2009 Aion.
    3) So hard to find groups in WvWvW or have proper communication on wtf is going on.
    for #3 did you try using /team? that contacts the whole zone. Also Commanders will probably come into play after launch. Buying a commander role costs some money and I'm sure very few players have amassed enough gold or even know where the commander npc is located.

Also, holy shit is Thief is fun. I thought Elementalist was going to be my main but now Im not so sure.

we fuckin' stole it man.
    BG Level

I've had a fun time, played with a few classes as well. Can't wait for the optimization because holy shit the fps drives me nuts.

SPUULY
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

only issue I really had with lag, was in my personal story instance fights where my skills lagged for 10+ seconds, but out in the world I didn't have that issue. maybe I'm just used to lower fps after playing the first 3 years of my XI career at like ~10 fps give or take.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Franzer View Post
    I've had a fun time, played with a few classes as well. Can't wait for the optimization because holy shit the fps drives me nuts.
    My god this, really hoping some optimisation gets done by the next weekend if that's reasonable, would be nice to be able to really appreciate the game.

Should add: I've loved what I've seen so far. Played Engineer the most so far which is pretty fun, despite the turrets seeming really clunky and out of place in such a mobile MMO, and engineer's dps sucking pretty hard. Things like the medpack toolkit seem to have an identity crisis, where they obvs didnt want Engineer being too good a healer, but the packs heal for so little it doesnt feel worth the time to switch over to it and use them from what I played. Mines are the same, unrewarding for the fact you have to switch toolkits and lock yourself out of everything else to activate and detonate them. Has some really great and unique skills though, I enjoyed the fact that equipping a new skill gives engineer a second skill on F1-F4 to use too. Rocket boots let you boot someone with them and cause burning as their 'secondary' skill.

Enemy tethering was pretty annoying at times, being as i often found myself having to kite things to survive and naturally you go backwards straight away.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by XalienLevi View Post
    for #3 did you try using /team? that contacts the whole zone. Also Commanders will probably come into play after launch. Buying a commander role costs some money and I'm sure very few players have amassed enough gold or even know where the commander npc is located.

Also, holy shit is Thief is fun. I thought Elementalist was going to be my main but now Im not so sure.
    Team chat has been borked the entire beta for me, nobody responds to anything I see in team and I don't see anybody else talking in it. At one point it told me I wasn't even ON a team. And yes I made sure my filters were correct.

Did anyone really not like the game at all?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Gf is in love with it. I've been booted off my computer to the iPad almost all day lol.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think it's really fun, I just hope they end up listening to some of our suggestions. My expectations are really low for that though because fucking SE.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

While I'm not saying that I'm not going to play the game, I'm getting irritated at AN's "If your game can be described as 'it's like WoW but...' then you've already failed" and then making a game like Rift where, instead of rifts, you have quests that you don't have to click to accept (DEs). It's like Rift but instead of rifts opening from the sky, you have "Dynamic Events." woo. At least in Rift if you didn't want to do Rifts you could do quests or grind; in GW2 you have to do your storyline quests (which have retarded random difficulties and suggested levels) and heart quests/DEs. Also, this game was like "HUGE FUCKING DRAGONS, LOOK AT THE HUGE FUCKING DRAGONS" and the bits about characters being able to do stuff at all levels (Level 10 or lower dungeons?) but all the cool stuff you came for? Oh, that gets saved for last. Ultimately, the only reason I'll keep playing on occasion is because no monthly fee and I have a few friends that will be playing.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    While I'm not saying that I'm not going to play the game, I'm getting irritated at AN's "If your game can be described as 'it's like WoW but...' then you've already failed" and then making a game like Rift where, instead of rifts, you have quests that you don't have to click to accept (DEs). It's like Rift but instead of rifts opening from the sky, you have "Dynamic Events." woo. At least in Rift if you didn't want to do Rifts you could do quests or grind; in GW2 you have to do your storyline quests (which have retarded random difficulties and suggested levels) and heart quests/DEs. Also, this game was like "HUGE FUCKING DRAGONS, LOOK AT THE HUGE FUCKING DRAGONS" and the bits about characters being able to do stuff at all levels (Level 10 or lower dungeons?) but all the cool stuff you came for? Oh, that gets saved for last. Ultimately, the only reason I'll keep playing on occasion is because no monthly fee and I have a few friends that will be playing.
    You can level in WvW. The difficulties on storyline quests did seem random but the suggested levels weren't random, they were steadily increased 1 or two levels each one.

Other than that it sounds like you're complaining about shit that will change between now and launch.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

What are you saying will change between beta and launch?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Gw2 has been in development for probably longer than rift. Plus rift was just an extension of daoc anyways, which anet cites as one of their top motivators.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    What are you saying will change between beta and launch?
    I'd hope that they would add dungeons for lower levels. Also the lack of HUGE DRAGONS. I don't quite understand why you would want to do traditional quests after playing this game.

EDIT: If you're complaining that there aren't HUGE DRAGONS at lower levels or in every zone then I'm going to just call you retarded. Each zone seems to have at least 1-2 events that end in fighting a large boss. Norn starting area had Svanir Marauder and Giant Ice Elemental. Human has Shadow Behemoth. Dunno about Charr.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Gfs only complaint so far is that you can't preview gear on your character before buying it.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast