Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

GW2 thoughts after playing: The history of MMO failure's.. w/a sprinkle of WoW talk edition

Interested in everyone's opinion. Try to just post your own thoughts on the game so we can all read through them. If you guys want we can open it for discussion but it would be nice where people can just say what they want so we can all read it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

*Game world and the dynamic event quest system is phenomenal. Love that the system encourages exploring and playing with people as apposed to against them.
    *It's also amazing how fun PVP is when gear isn't really a factor.
    *Max camera distance needs to be increased, especially for WvW.
    *Still needs optimization of course but it's to be expected.
    *The cities are amazing in their size and scope. Love how huge and full of life they are.
    *Overflow system needs better information. I had times when myself and another guildy were on it yet not on the same one? Would like a menu to see where exactly we are.
    *Male human hair options needs expanding. It's either Bieber or Aragorn.
    *Gameplay is smooth and responsive.

That's it so far

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Love how I can just go out and explore like a boss. Haven't done any story stuff to save spoilers for launch, so I've been just running around. Being a warrior, I'm working on a lot of weapon skills lol.

SPUULY
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

loving the game as well. doing the story quests on hume, but only because I didn't really plan on having a hume at launch. Though a little annoying to unlock ele skills, luckily, I refuse to unlock all in beta, fire then ice then I stop, too lazy to do air/earth during BWE XD

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Oh damn you're missing out air/earth on staff are some of the best ones

I hope they speed up the unlocking for ele, cus its the most painful compared to every profession to unlock skills for lol

SPUULY
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

even more reason to wait till release to do them so I'm awed then instead of now

Elementalist was and still is my planned first class then anyway, I just wanted to get a feel for it beforehand.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I look forward to hardware optimization, but its easily the best MMO ever made. By a long shot.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Yeah it needs an overhaul for performance, but otherwise it's a damn enjoyable experience.

You know what is awesome, oh hey lets go unlock some skill points on the map, or lets go do some hearts over there, and it takes like 3hrs to get there cus along the way there are instances and shit going on, running by and seeing dead people and just rezing, and jumping in whatever is going on. Oh and the greatest is this comment "Man this event is nice I wish some more people would show up..." really?

you have no idea how amazing that is

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So far the game is solid. The non-questing questing is great. KIlling bosses with 30 people is fun too. Only a few things I don't like:

1. I would like the option to display my name/guild.

2. Max camera distance needs to be adjusted.

Other than that everything is pretty damn awesome.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

i might just be derping, but i often have my exploration take me into places where I'm not exactly the right level to live in. Maybe xp gain is too slow or sub-areas within zones for a certain level range are too small, not real sure. Thats really the only mild complaint i can come up with, i'm very much enjoying myself. best game ever.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Completely forgot to mention my favorite aspect of the game which is the art style. Daniel Dociu is amazing.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Remember also that it isn't only Daniel Dociu, but also Kekai Kotaki and a great many other artists.

Anyway... things I absolutely hate first:

Mobs instantly attack you as soon as they spawn, leaving you no time to react to their sudden appearance. -_-
    ...I think that's it.

Things I'm ambivalent about:

Aggressive mobs are everywhere. There doesn't seem to be many areas outside of towns that aren't cluttered with aggressive mobs. It's tolerable, and I don't hate it, but it doesn't feel natural.

There's a little bit of lag here and there (both network and hardware performance), but: 1) it's beta 2) the areas where these things happen are SLAMMED with players who will likely be much more dispersed a few weeks after launch.

Things I love:

...Everything else. The art direction, the music, the sound effects, the combat, the world-changing (varying degrees ) dynamic event system... it's nice to have a world in which players can openly cooperate while being very inviting to explore which is complemented by a content system that encourages you to do just that. As I knew it would be from following the game's development, it's exactly what I've always wanted from an MMO.

And now, back to slamming on my enter key until I get in.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm loving it so far. I am exploring like there is no tomorrow. I love just running around and saying, "Cave!" and diving right in. Of course it gets me killed a lot, but I don't care. I managed to grab all the skill points in the Charr starting area. The thing I was most wary about coming into this game was the constant down leveling. It's done so smoothly that I don't even noticed 90% of the time, and you're still quite a bit stronger than the monster you're down leveled to match. I don't have any real complaints thus far.

Edit: Besides that I can't currently log in. NEED TO EXPLOOOOOORE.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy-Killer View Post
    I'm loving it so far. I am exploring like there is no tomorrow. I love just running around and saying, "Cave!" and diving right in. Of course it gets me killed a lot, but I don't care. I managed to grab all the skill points in the Charr starting area. The thing I was most wary about coming into this game was the constant down leveling. It's done so smoothly that I don't even noticed 90% of the time, and you're still quite a bit stronger than the monster you're down leveled to match. I don't have any real complaints thus far.

Edit: Besides that I can't currently log in. NEED TO EXPLOOOOOORE.
    There have been a couple instances in the Norn area where I've been scaled to 5 and facing several level 7 enemies at once, which was a bit much to deal with.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xalien Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You can tell this game was made with a lot of love.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Mobs are overtuned if you're a melee. Running into some of these events of your level, you get 1-2 shot or just instantly drop dead.

No automove, though maybe I'll get used to it, I still hate it. Being in events with a bunch of ranged and trying to chase things down is REALLY annoying even with some of the gap closer skills.

I think those are my two major gripes at the moment. The game kind of plays slow, reminds me a lot of XI in some ways, but it really does play like a MOBA. I'm sure I'll buy it but so far my experience is just kind of "eh".

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    There have been a couple instances in the Norn area where I've been scaled to 5 and facing several level 7 enemies at once, which was a bit much to deal with.
    I had a lot of trouble at first with fighting off guys higher level than me, but now I got a great rotation on my Warrior with the greatsword/rifle combo. It's quite difficult, though.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I haven't had any issues playing melee with as a warrior. I started with sword/shield, and it was alright but I don't think shields are strong enough defensively. Got a hammer and started to mow down groups enemies, thats a lot of fun. Sword/horn was better then sword/shield for me just because shield doesn't seem to do a lot. My favorite setup that i've settled on and have been using in WvW though is axe/axe in one set and rifle in the other. Axe/axe is awesome and stuff dies so fast; the F1 skill is stupid strong with 3 charges.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast