+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
    1. Armor dyes being account-wide [Nope, but changes have made it better. More per purchase and ease of transferring/mystic forge...]
    2. /say [CHECK]
    3. Ability to see guild members on the map/mini-map [No, but their name shows up in a different color so it's easy to see when you have happened upon a guildy, even in a crazy DE. So I'm happy with that]
    4. Gear preview [It's coming]
    5. Keybind modifier options [CHECK]
    I love ANet.

Not to mention all the other little things they added, like the sell junk option, that I never even complained about.

Yeah a lot of this stuff was already on their list of things to add prior to BWE1 but there were other things on the list that were higher priority. But they said if there was a lot of feedback on a specific thing that they moved that up in their priority list, like Keybinding modifiers.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    Yeah a lot of this stuff was already on their list of things to add prior to BWE1 but there were other things on the list that were higher priority. But they said if there was a lot of feedback on a specific thing that they moved that up in their priority list, like Keybinding modifiers.
    Yeah, I saw that. Just goes to show that they are players and they understand what's fun/needed as gamers themselves. I want ANet inside me.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I thought they had made dyes account wide...

On another note.

I want the ability to completely customize my UI. GW1 did it right (not as detailed as say SWG but still a great system to change your ui) and so should gw2. I assume that is something they will be adding though.

They changed dyes to not be account wide and seemingly are going to stick with it.
    As far as UI customization, I haven't heard anything much about it as they have openly said they want people to stop playing the interface and instead play the game. hence pushing the minimalist look. There really isn't anything much that is needed, the chat window is already customizable the map is re-sizable, There are no party hp/mp bars to keep track of or anything of the sort that is needed. Some customization I am sure will be in, but I do not think it will be the level of guild wars 1 either.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Oh they did make the map mini-map re-sizable? That was mainly what I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Oh they did make the map mini-map re-sizable? That was mainly what I wanted.
    Yup its now square, you can also make it rotate and track your position like a gps enable map or fixed pointing north. The size difference of the resizing is pretty huge also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...OZzhYcc#t=607s

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

You can now also check off "gear preview" from your wish list.

Tagus

I'm hoping they add dedicated player housing. I searched google and found the same quote over and over saying we won't have it at launch, but it's coming in a future update. Weird thing is there's no source I could find, other than players just regurgitating the same statement. After being somewhat addicted to sims, which is essentially an entire game based around player housing, and having a moghouse 10 years ago, it seems silly that it wouldn't be a staple of every rpg/mmo that comes out by now. GW2 would be the perfect environment for one as well, considering that you can max armor and weapons so easily and the only grinds seem to be superficial.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

It's actually a fairly untouched thing in the MMO world oddly enough. Very few games nowadays seem to make use of player housing of any kind, and maybe half a dozen had it from their release date through out all of MMO history... Probably has to do with WoW not doing it. Which is kind of ironic since EQ2 did.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I don't think it'd be especially difficult for them to find a way to implement it. They could just stick it in your personal instance area. Honestly I kind of expected to have a house of my own in there already when I started playing lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I think that's the final intention of the personal story area.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I still can't figure out what it does aside from give the cyber-whores a quiet place to get busy and to give guilds a non-public place to discuss stategy and hold meetings.

Until a game gives us actual interaction animations with house-hold items, I don't really see the point. Its not like I can sweep my floor, take out the garbage, flop on the bed and write in my war journal in any MMO, so yeah, the "immersion" aspect of the player housing falls flat on its face IMO before it even gets out of the gate.

Tagus

Yeah, I dunno why but I've always loved it when your in-game character had a home you could visit, store shit in, rearrange, etc... Even those stupid ones from GTAIII where an item would appear after you completed a certain mission that you couldn't even interact with, or the camp in dragon age: origins that pretty much just had your team of NPC's and a merchant. I think for me it just improves the overall immersion of the game experience to have something like that.

BG Level

More content for people to fuck around with is never a bad thing, ever. Even if it's just slapping a few beds, cabinets, and monster heads into a room only you can access. I personally never got into the mog house stuff much, but in UO I absolutely loved pimping my castles out with random shit I made myself or found along my travels. It's basically a trophy room. Giving you another visual sense of virtual accomplishment.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If a modern MMO could capture what UO did with housing I don't think I'd know what to do with myself. That would be amazing.

BG Level

I'm not sure that's possible tbh. UO, even at it's peak, never had more then like 100-200 players online a specific server at any given time. Games now have a bare minimum of a thousand, and even that's considered a failure. When you're able to slap down a house anywhere in the given world, just imagine having the entire server putting houses down everywhere... It'd be a friggin' mess lol. There'd be nowhere to actually play the game because the whole world would be filled up with player housing.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Or the world would have to be massive to make it feasible. I don't expect it to ever happen like that again but I'd sure love to see someone try to make it work.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    I'm not sure that's possible tbh. UO, even at it's peak, never had more then like 100-200 players online a specific server at any given time. Games now have a bare minimum of a thousand, and even that's considered a failure. When you're able to slap down a house anywhere in the given world, just imagine having the entire server putting houses down everywhere... It'd be a friggin' mess lol. There'd be nowhere to actually play the game because the whole world would be filled up with player housing.
    Hah! Tell that to SWG.

SWG had the best player housing, best interaction within that housing (being able to move items down to the pixel, and on every axis as well as float them so you could make amazing art with just random items), and an awesome player city system.

Of course that only worked because SWG's planets were vast but empty. Needed a mount to get anywhere, and even then you could still go for 15-20 mins and not see anything. That being said I do appreciate that they did essentially make the planets to scale so in places like Tatooine it actually made sense.

Just give me the same type of object manipulation within a house like in SWG and I'd be happy.

BG Level

Sounds like an upgraded version of the UO system. Thanks for the insight. Never did try out SWG myself.