+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...hot0319yo8.jpg

AT-AT made out of couches/boxes and shit. You could clip items inside each other so really the system was only limited by your imagination. Saw an X-wing before too, a 1:1 scale x-wing made out of couches and shit in somebody's house.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Nice.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elrina Miona
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Isn't Archeage supposed to have player housing along that vein, being able to build your own house/farm/guild castle/etc. in the actual world?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by EpicdemicGaming View Post
    Guild vs Guild battles. (Like Guild Wars 1)
    Fixed. Aren't they going to support GvG eventually? Fairly sure they can't have GUILD WARS without guild wars. =/

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Fixed. Aren't they going to support GvG eventually? Fairly sure they can't have GUILD WARS without guild wars. =/
    Sure, we can... that was hundreds of years ago. The name is just a tribute to the most notable human legacy.

http://www.guildwars.com/gameplay/ex...storytyria.php

Spoiler: show

Over the next hundred years, the human kingdoms prospered. Powerful groups grew up within each nation. These were known as guilds. It was these groups, these guilds, that held the real power in Tyria. Though there were kings and organizations that made the laws and regulated the land, it was the guilds that enforced these laws—or didn’t—as they saw fit. As these guilds grew, their influence began to overlap.

As is ever the case with peace, it once again came to an end when the volcano erupted, spitting out the five stones and scattering them across Tyria. The magic they embodied seeped out into the lands around them. Though the Bloodstones, as they are called, have never been reunited, the power that they possess was enough to re-ignite the desire in the hearts of men.

The struggle for power commenced, and again war broke out. This time, though, the humans were not united. The guilds of the three most-influential kingdoms on the continent battled each other for supremacy. The kings of Ascalon, Kryta, and Orr were not powerful enough to stop the conflict, for the armies of the guilds were even more powerful than those of their own home nations.

The Guild Wars raged for decades, fueled by the desire for power and the influence of the Bloodstones. Never did the peace accords last long. Never did the negotiations take root. The conflict claimed the lives of many hundreds of thousands. It uprooted families, made neighbors into enemies, and soured the relations between the human nations—perhaps irrevocably.

Though the battles continued, each with a winner and loser, no one nation ever gained enough power to fully dominate the other two. Slowly, over the course of years, the wealth of each nation diminished. Their people grew weary, and their armies grew weaker as the constant fighting took its toll.

Eventually, as all things do, the wars did come to an end. But it was not the words of the silver-tongued peace negotiators or even the rough hand of a conquering hero that ended the Guild Wars. The resolution was instead brought about by an even greater war—a war brought by the Charr.

Almost everyone assumes the name is to do with our guilds, though.

Yup, lol I got tired explaining this to my friends lol

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That aside, I like to think of WvWvW as the inherent successor to GvG. Guild vs Guild vs Guild vs Guild etc...

Also, looking at the lore, there were three large guilds competing for control in the original "guild wars," and there are three worlds competing for control in WvWvW.

Gonna be good times once I hit 80.

Gonna be good times once it hits the 25th

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I wish there was a way to log straight into the last character you were playing, to skip the log-in and character select screens.

semi-necro, I know, deal with it.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

To be fair GW2's login process is pretty damn quick and fluid as it is lol, but that may just be my 10 years of dealing with PlayOnline talking

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I wish they would add the ability to see any DE, on any map, so long as you've discovered the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    I wish they would add the ability to see any DE, on any map, so long as you've discovered the area.
    This and reducing WP costs within the zone you're in.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Suppose the game should be called "World Wars", but that sounds shitty compared to Guild Wars.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

I wish people would stop thinking the name "Guild Wars" comes from guild vs guild.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, when it is obvious where it comes from, I mean, come on.

Its like Final fantasy, there's been thousands of them already.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

A little reading would tell you that its not about actual Guild Wars. But believe what you will.

I know its been a long time since we all played XI and we forget what new MMOs are like. Games expand and grow as time goes on. GvG will come and I can't wait.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4