Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 80 120 128 129 130

Thread: What's Better?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    ah, just assumed it was an actual set (aka that since they can use ask, figured they could use feet). Was mistaken
    No they're Naakuals/Delvemegaboss drops drops with the same name for two different slots. Tipically they're for different jobs, one for melees and one for mages, maybe.
    Oh and of course I meant can't, but I guess you read through my typo ^^

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Am I wrong in assuming unless you need STP, triplus subligar are best in slot tp legs for bst or LR drk? (capped att/acc obviously)
    Also is Ferine body+2 the best for ruinator with killer effects active?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Pak Corselet or Enif Corazza for DRK?

Also, trying to rebuild my Monk set for Shijin in light of the new updates to gear.. any recs?

Campaign
    BG Level

How does the new Soothsayer Staff compare to the other staves (Skirmish+1, crafted ones, Chatoyant) as a general purpose staff for SCH and BRD?

It doesn't have the hidden effect of Chatoyant (Charm acc, avatar perp, hmp, cure pot, etc) and it seems almost identical to Lehbralig+1.
    Better than Voay, worse than Atinian but it should get close to this one once you factor the rank15.
    Speaking of which, what would you go for? Macc/int/mnd or Macc/Mab/lolmp?
    For BRD these 2 paths offer no difference, so it kinda revolves around 10INT/13Macc vs 8Mab/8Macc for SCH. I think the first should be better for SCH as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    How does the new Soothsayer Staff compare to the other staves (Skirmish+1, crafted ones, Chatoyant) as a general purpose staff for SCH and BRD?

It doesn't have the hidden effect of Chatoyant (Charm acc, avatar perp, hmp, cure pot, etc) and it seems almost identical to Lehbralig+1.
    Better than Voay, worse than Atinian but it should get close to this one once you factor the rank15.
    Speaking of which, what would you go for? Macc/int/mnd or Macc/Mab/lolmp?
    For BRD these 2 paths offer no difference, so it kinda revolves around 10INT/13Macc vs 8Mab/8Macc for SCH. I think the first should be better for SCH as well?

I'm also curious. was about to buy soothsayer stave. and saw they bumped the MACC on it from +15 to like +135... thats HUGE. since i know Magic Acc is what's HOT right now for debuff's etc sticking on mobs / lullaby... that seems like a dream weapon for BRD right now with that much MACC?! amarite?

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

For PUP, STR path for Manibozho body > Matanca harness for SP right?

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Same DEX, more STR, more Attack, and for whatever reason if you care about it, more VIT.

Pretty obvious answer. Matanca doesn't beat it in a single DD stat

edit: yup vit mod, lol still has more, etc.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

So I ended up lucking out and getting the GA from the tree. I now feel forced into lvling war. I never have been a dd, mostly a pld first and a mage second so my gear for DD's mostly reflected monk era aby gear but I did have some stuff for my bst.

Anyways I need some help with ixtab TP set namely the body. I don't have delve heavy dd gear I will work on that when I get some time. But what can I use in place of it? Is it worth farming the E-body and auging it still? or is there something else I can go for? been thinking maybe hitting up some odin for V-breastplate and augmenting that. But this all centers around luck of the drop and I have no idea if they are even king anymore.

What can I get now thats decent and will hold me over till I get lucky on one of them, and are they even worth it anymore? atm I am using twilight just because of the ACC on it

also TP neck? one I can use now and one to aim for if you dont mind? using rancor still as of now.

Old Merits
    BG Level

FFXIAH forums have full gear guides with tiered gear sets, rather than asking for everything except the weapon you can just look there.

Body use Ravager's Lorica +2, Neck use asperity necklace.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

WAR can't use Pak.

Porthos maybe? Armada (or Ravagers I guess) if you need STP

Old Merits
    BG Level

Herp, then Ravager's is easy to get.

I'm sure Ebody is still best body then, whether its worth dropping 20m++ on to get decent augments before you invest in a better GA is another story.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    FFXIAH forums have full gear guides with tiered gear sets, rather than asking for everything except the weapon you can just look there.

Body use Ravager's Lorica +2, Neck use asperity necklace.
    I looked there but there is no mid set/low end set for this GA only uko, unless the sets are the same, but I don't think they would be with the store TP +8 on this one, and the 188 skill and all.
    thanks for the info.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Current hierarchy for Thief and its TP head options? Manibohzo, Uk'uxkaj, Raider's, Skadi, etc. Thanks.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    I looked there but there is no mid set/low end set for this GA only uko, unless the sets are the same, but I don't think they would be with the store TP +8 on this one, and the 188 skill and all.
    thanks for the info.
    If you don't have the gear for a 5 hit (32 STP in gear as /Sam), use Ravager's +2 to help hit it. If you have the gear to make 5 hit, you'll be looking at multi attack for your body slot as acc/att/stats of other bodies have little bearing on your DPS during TP with the massive +skill, assuming your STP/Haste is taken care of elsewhere.

Hierarchy is currently Kari < Armada/Porthos < Valk. As for if Armada/Porthos/Valk would be worth the work/gil, its hard to say. Skirmish II body looks like a beastly Upheaval piece, but unless you're able to get multi attack on it, it won't beat out any of the mentioned bodies for TPing.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Marcicus View Post
    Current hierarchy for Thief and its TP head options? Manibohzo, Uk'uxkaj, Raider's, Skadi, etc. Thanks.
    It depends on what other gear you're using.

Assuming certain items:
    Raider's Boomerang
    Asperity Necklace
    Dudgeon/Heartseeker
    Rajas/Epona
    Atheling Mantle

If you use Thaumas body, Mani hands/legs/feet (all R15), and Windbuffet Belt, you get the following order:

Whirlpool: 501.8
    Iuitl: 501.2
    Uk'uxkaj: 500.9
    Shneddick: 490.7
    Chocaliztli: 488.6
    Manibozho (R15): 486.4
    Skadi+1: 484.1
    Thurandaut: 476.0
    Raider+2: 470.3

If you use Thaumas body, Mani hands/legs/feet (all R15), and Twilight Belt, you get the following order:

Thurandaut: 510.9 (or 502.9 with Buremte hands)
    Whirlpool: 494.5
    Iuitl: 494.1
    Uk'uxkaj: 493.6
    Manibozho (R15): 485.8
    Shneddick: 483.5
    Chocaliztli: 481.5
    Skadi+1: 477.1
    Raider+2: 470.0

If you use Skadi+1 body, Mani hands/legs/feet (all R15), and Twilight Belt, you get the following order:

Iuitl: 505.6
    Whirlpool: 504.7
    Uk'uxkaj: 503.9
    Manibozho (R15): 500.7
    Thurandaut: 499.2
    Skadi+1: 496.9
    Chocaliztli: 496.3
    Shneddick: 493.6
    Raider+2: 492.6

5/5 Skadi+1 is 458.6. The other top heads (Whirlpool, Uk'uxkaj, Iuitl) push that up to 468-470.

Overall, it looks like Thurandaut is the best if you fill out haste elsewhere (24%-25%) and use Thaumas body. Otherwise Whirlpool, Uk'uxkaj and Iuitl are pretty much tied, with Shneddick, Manibozho, Chocaliztli and Skadi+1 filling out the middle of the pack, and Thurandaut and Raider+2 at the bottom.

If you use Skadi+1 body, the gap between all the options narrows considerably, and the top 3 head options beat all the options from the other two configurations except Thurandaut head with capped haste.

Some of this is subject to vary with different buffs or weapons. I used haste with no Marches; adding Marches could drop delay below the cap, necessitating changes in the gear config. This also uses Izhiikoh+Aphotic, two 200-delay weapons; weapons with other delay values (eg: Leisilonu/+1) may shift the results around some. And finally, it doesn't include the Ionis haste bonus, which mainly pushes Thurandaut head + Buremte hands (with Twilight Belt and Thaumas body) up to about the level of Manibozho hands, but has a much smaller effect on all other configs.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Asked in RIT but I'll ask here too. I know that of course the Atinian is better than Soothsayer but how much better? Practically speaking.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

WHERE WERE YOU THE DAY THE STICKIES DIED??