Thread: Tales of Xillia 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Since we're on the topic of the loan. Should I be doing all the monster kill quests when they pop up? The old areas reappear all the time and it's annoying to do them over and over and I was wondering if I will regret it later if I just ignore them.
    Naw you don't need to do them, they're just for extra gald. You'll get enough points just from killing the elite mobs to get to max rank.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I just do the Red since they are 1 time and Elite

The only time i do the white is for gather quests if i already have the items

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Amazon notified me my copy got sent out and should be in tomorrow (Yay!). So how similar/different is this game from the first?

BG Level

Best upgrade is the Level system (FFVI type)

You assign each character a Elemental Capacitor that has an element property (exemple Fire 1)

When you finish a battle you receive XP and Elemental cores (exemple 6) So the user who has Fire 1 gets 6 Fire Points

A user that has Fire 2 + Wind 1, got 6 Wind ans 12 fire etc

When you have enough points of certain elements, a character an learn or enhance Skills or Artes

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Amazon notified me my copy got sent out and should be in tomorrow (Yay!). So how similar/different is this game from the first?
    Unlike Rata, I'm not a fan of the Allium Orb system compared to Lilium Orbs but he did explain it properly.
    Oddly, the game is segmented into a lot of short chapters and there are character side-story chapters that are optional (but the best parts of the game, so you will want to do them)

Focus has actually shifted from going straight through the plot and tackling whatever side content you want to hunting stuff for cash so you can advance (I don't mind it 'cause the elite monsters are fun.)

Also, biggest change for me is one of these link skills basically has me tied to a specific character because Support Warp is like crack and I can't give it up no matter what,

BG Level

Gameplay is really fun but story starts to annoys me

Chapter 10 done still doesn't feel like anything is going on

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So does Nova call you every time you get 5,000 gald, or am I just very conveniently hitting L2?

Also, in relation to the guide and the chpater repayment grid near the front. Are those notices cumulative (5+7+10=22 or whatever) or is it if you ignore her once its 7k and twice you then owe 10k?

I fugure if I just give her a large amount whenever she calls me then thats a pretty good idea.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

How often she calls you has to do with how much the particular payment is for.
    Seems like earlier on she called me when I had about 2x the amount of Gald each payment was for. Like if the payment was for 10k, if I had 20k she'd call and every time I did anything related to gald like buying something or obtaining more gald while still above this amount, she'd call again. Anytime I'd zone she would call again.
    Later on in the game it seemed to have shifted to approx 1x the amount.

BG Level

Mmm she always called me when I had the good amount unless I was stuck somewhere

Exemple I wans on the field and I had to give 10k. She called me at 10 050 ( cuz that's the money I had after a battle)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Some spoilers but a lot of these are too awesome not to watch.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Just finished Ch.12 and I think the main story is finally getting somewhere good. Milla's story was also very interesting at Ch.4 so I hope there is some follow-up to the ending of that. The custom system is making me very OCD about getting all the possible upgrades/side-grades before pressing onwards in the main story, but I'm at a point where there was only 1 elite to kill so I'm poor again. Still haven't seen that elite with the ??? location, so I may try finding that.

Spoiler: show
    Victor was incredibly tough but super fun, I had to take a breather after that fight to let my brain settle. I think for half the fight my items weren't set-up well enough (particularly Lemon Gels being at sub20% rather than sub40%) so I ended the fight with just Ludger and Jude slowly kiting/poking him away. Any fight I do without Elize is so painful . I managed to do it in one try and thank god because I think it was 15min or more; I would not want to repeat that again. It was good to get a challenging fight since Volt because up until this point I had pretty much been stomping my way through all of the bosses and elite monsters with the exception of the monster that splits 8x or something, but that was just more annoying than anything else.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Crizto View Post
    Just finished Ch.12 and I think the main story is finally getting somewhere good. Milla's story was also very interesting at Ch.4 so I hope there is some follow-up to the ending of that. The custom system is making me very OCD about getting all the possible upgrades/side-grades before pressing onwards in the main story, but I'm at a point where there was only 1 elite to kill so I'm poor again. Still haven't seen that elite with the ??? location, so I may try finding that.

Victor was incredibly tough but super fun, I had to take a breather after that fight to let my brain settle. I think for half the fight my items weren't set-up well enough (particularly Lemon Gels being at sub20% rather than sub40%) so I ended the fight with just Ludger and Jude slowly kiting/poking him away. Any fight I do without Elize is so painful . I managed to do it in one try and thank god because I think it was 15min or more; I would not want to repeat that again. It was good to get a challenging fight since Volt because up until this point I had pretty much been stomping my way through all of the bosses and elite monsters with the exception of the monster that splits 8x or something, but that was just more annoying than anything else.
    The Fun fights with no official healer (Elize/Leia just starts)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Crizto View Post

Just FYI, the one with ??? for the location can spawn in various areas and its a RNG-based thing.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Just FYI, the one with ??? for the location can spawn in various areas and its a RNG-based thing.
    Dear god...

BG Level

When you say RNG is it game RNG?

Exemple you load a save, and the monster will be at the same place until you stop playing and reload a game?

pure RNG

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    When you say RNG is it game RNG?

Exemple you load a save, and the monster will be at the same place until you stop playing and reload a game?

pure RNG
    If you zone in and out of an area it has a chance to spawn. It has a few set locations it pops up in but as implied... it won't always be in those spots.

BG Level

Anyway.
    im still sad / angry with the true ending

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

THIS POST HAS MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE WHOLE GAME:

Being Ludger is suffering.
    >Fail examination for dream job (find out later that his bro set him up for failure)
    >New workplace is attacked by terrorists on first day of new job
    >Brother suddenly has mysterious evil looking powers
    >Brother goes missing and is a wanted criminal
    >Get a stupidly huge debt
    >Also a wanted criminal
    >Also get weird evil looking powers that destroy universes
    >Blackmailed into destroying entire worlds
    >Meet a Waifu
    >Finds out brother has been using him all his life
    >Waifu dies
    >Has to kill other-world version of himself in front of his kid
    >Find out other Waifu doesn't actually like him, likes his brother instead
    >Mostly reconcile with brother
    >Then forced to kill him
    >Then forced to kill his father
    >Has to die to rescue little girl
    >Party seems to respect his sacrifice but no one aside from Elle seems really sad about it

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Siennabronc spawns in three places, the only one of which really matters is Xagut Floodmeadows (its stats are influenced by where it spawns). It's super easy to force it to spawn by just running through the zone line between the Southeast and Northeast regions. There are videos on youtube if you're having trouble popping it.

I only just finished Chapter 12 but the plot is definitely thickening. I literally reloaded my save after Chapter 11 just to beat the daylights out of that boss again.

Ludger drew the shortest stick in the history of drawing sticks.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Ludger drew the shortest stick in the history of drawing sticks.
    Ain't that the truth? Definitely don't envy Luds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast