Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Tales of Xillia 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Found this. A small taste of the Rowen/Muzet b0rkedness without even having optimized gear for it and not even playing the setup particularly well.
    Even considering those things it still looks broken as heck.

Well after seeing that I bought Xillia 2 cuz that shit looks fun and hearing that Rowen is still OP is great (favourite character from 1). Dunno why it took so long, guess I just needed to finish off Hearts R.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Well after seeing that I bought Xillia 2 cuz that shit looks fun and hearing that Rowen is still OP is great (favourite character from 1). Dunno why it took so long, guess I just needed to finish off Hearts R.
    Haha, yes. Enjoy your broken god-mage.

Oh! I finally found one with Leia in party. I was thinking I was the only one running all 3 of them in a party.
    Rowen/Muzet/Leia is just so stupid.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

How out of the story loop will I be if I only have Tales of Xillia 2 and didn't play through 1? 2 was on sale on PSN so I picked it up.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    How out of the story loop will I be if I only have Tales of Xillia 2 and didn't play through 1? 2 was on sale on PSN so I picked it up.
    I am not going to answer that except to say that Tales of Xillia 1 is on sale right now.
    Shows $12 for me.

Get it.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...lesofxillia1dc

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I'd get Xillia for $12, especially if you've already started Xillia-2 and like the combat. You wouldn't be completely lost without playing it, but it was a good game in its own right and Xillia-2 definitely references some of the events from the first game.

Also, Ludger is uber-tier but Jude is still comically OP in Xillia-2. His is the backstep that will pierce the heavens.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BRB reconfiguring party.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Here I thought Muzet was the broken one. I had been soloing most of the post-game stuff with her. This looks much better.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Muzet's Emergency Warp is almost as OP as Jude's backstep.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    I am not going to answer that except to say that Tales of Xillia 1 is on sale right now.
    Shows $12 for me.

Get it.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...lesofxillia1dc
    I saw it the next morning lol. It has been acquired.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Okay, next thing you gotta do is ignore anyone who tells you not to follow this sage advice.
    Keep Leia in your party forever.

Not because she's amazing or anything but because she is maximum waifu (also she really breaks the game if you know how when paired with Rowen)

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Leia's victory celebration with Alvin is all the reason you need to keep them both in your party, in either game.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Aw man every ending to this game is kind of a bummer, each one in a different way.

Just beat Xillia last night and I thought it was alright. Gameplay was good. Pretty much the same as past games. I think I prefer Graces' combat, though.

Started this one today. Already liking a few of the tracks right from the start. Can't say the same for the first one.

Unfortunately, I may have to rush through this one to beat it before Type 0 comes out. I hate having more than one non-mmo/online going at a time.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Graces will never be anywhere near my favorites due to lack of aerial combat. No jump and no aerial enabled (of course, with no jump) artes.
    So much is lost without them, mobility options and such are out the window and you don't get badass characters like Leia in such games.

Using Darting Claw as an air dash and dodging attacks via AE artes and such is just too good.

That is where Xillia really shines. And its a shame that the best runs I've had of the game so far didn't really make much use of the link system. I honestly think its one of the low points (aside from liking some of the properties of some of the link artes like Tempest Pirouette).
    It also completely breaks the game when used a certain way.

That said, the Xillias are still my favorite of last gen (I like them more than Vesperia, even) as far as combat goes.

I agree about links. Most of the time I was unlinked for boss fights. For me, though, it was mostly because character AI is still retarded on hardest difficulties, and I don't trust anyone but me to be close to the bosses.

It's up there for me too. Abyss will always be my favorite overall for reasons(Graces I just like the combat lol), but I would put Xillia up there.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Aw man every ending to this game is kind of a bummer, each one in a different way.
    Just beat this tonight.

Agreed.

Spoiler: show
    The true ending was some bullshit. Preferred the "normal" one.

Also, interesting tidbit. Spoilerific if you haven't beaten the game, or at least gotten a decent chunk of the way in:

Spoiler: show
    Victor’s true identity is Ludger from Fractured Dimension No.F41DB. When he was 20, Ludger met an Elle from another fractured dimension and went on a journey with her searching for the Land of Canaan just like in the game. However, when they reached that Elle’s original dimension, one of Ludger’s choices caused Elle to die. Moreover, after gathering the waymarkers of Canaan, he was refused entry to the Land of Canaan because his dimension was not the prime one.

He met Lara Mel Marta a little after the end of his journey, and fell in love with her. Two years later, their daughter, Elle, was born. Knowing that she was the Key of Kresnik, Bisley wanted to use her as a trump card to prevent their world from being destroyed, and Jude and the others proposed they negotiate with the prime dimension with her. Eventually, Bisley tried to take her by force, and Ludger killed him as well as Jude, Rowen, Leia, Alvin, Elize and Julius and dumped their bodies in Lake Epsilla.

The shock of watching her husband kill his friends and family broke Lara, who died shortly thereafter. Ludger inherited the title of Victor from Bisley as well as the waymarker to Canaan. He also became the divergence catalyst host of his dimension, while also slowly turning into a catalyst himself.

Victor devised a way to reach the Land of Canaan: he would send Elle to the prime dimension, and she would eventually return with prime Ludger in search for the waymarker. He would then kill prime Ludger and go to the prime dimension with Elle, and would wish to Origin to be reborn with her. However, he was defeated and killed by Ludger.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

^ Neat. Only had guesses of how that all went down until now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Normal ending is definitely better than the true.