Burn my Dread
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shini Kimura
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

This makes me sad. I guess I'll keep hoping.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

...it doesn't even look good.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Sorry, I thought it was pretty obvious.
    I guess I always expect the worst on the internet lol. Some are able to nitpick to infinity.

Either way Bamco UK basically hinted at a possible Xillia (and Xillia 2) localization so keep hoping.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    So... basically Hubert.
    I know everytime i play a new RPG and the protagonist has a big sword i'm like "ITS CLOUD". (Hubert was a fun character to play, and i definitely see the resemblance in combat style... Especially the Ice Bullet he partially shot... But then we have to remember a lot of tales games take Arts from previous installations... so its bound to happen, At least they changed it a little.. Dual Swords not a twin Blade, and new guy has a Hammer too... I mean, You make 7-8+ Games, You'll eventually reuse a few combat styles)

And again, Hubert was badass... Just difficult to manage cause a lot of his A-Artes were extremely close range. and Asbel's A-Artes had a habit of moving the darn mob in every direction. >_>

... on a more serious note, Some of the monsters look like they were rendered on a N64, Hoping they're just placeholder models... and IDK, I can't really judge a game too much based on 1-2 Teaser trailers... but they didn't do a good job hyping it, Maybe its just because I know It'll never see light outside of Japan ?

If they announce its coming to NA I'll be excited, Hopefully they keep CC and Titles like in Tales of Grace... I know some didn't like CC, but i got real used to it... Plus, I liked the 4-point attack chart (A-Artes being more than just hit..hit..hit...)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

But no, really... Hubert could split his into two as well.
    Just take a look at Ex-Passion/Expiation.

The whole "basically Hubert" comment was about the fact that it is guns, a two hander and dual swords all in one.

Yeah, it's a hammer instead of a twin blade... big whoop.

Man, after playing so much Graces, those battles look really slow. Lol. I'm liking that they're borrowing from Graces and doing the whole style change thing. As long as it isn't just the main character that's able to do it.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    But no, really... Hubert could split his into two as well.
    Just take a look at Ex-Passion/Expiation.

The whole "basically Hubert" comment was about the fact that it is guns, a two hander and dual swords all in one.

Yeah, it's a hammer instead of a twin blade... big whoop.

Most main Characters in tales game take directly from the previous one, including their A/B-Artes. Wolf Fang, etc. The fighting styles in tales games will always be about the same, or similar to the past ones, due to the spells/abilities rarely changing from each. It's also for familiarity you could say.

This is all just assuming you're complaining about the similarities, If you're just commenting on it... then the above doesn't apply to you, so don't take it personally, since its just a misunderstanding on my part. Because I agree their styles are ridiculously similar, But i view it at a positive, and also pretty much expected since unique fighting styles don't really exist anymore in a world with thousands of RPG/anime titles.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Not a complaint.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

First solid gameplay details have surfaced on Tales of Xillia 2. Tales Source has a detailed writeup from this week's Famitsu.

At the game's announcement a few weeks back, we were introduced to two characters, Rudger and Elle.

Rudger is 170cm tall and 20-years-old. He lives with his older brother in Trigraf. His brother is busy at work, so he takes care of the house, including caring for his pet, Lulu. From feeding his brother, he's become quite good at preparing a variety of foods.

Elle is 130cm tall and 8-years-old. She's making her travels to the land of Kanan, where legend has it one can fulfill any wish. It seems that Elle wants to use this to help her father. Along the way, she meets Rudger in Trigraf, and the two promise to go to Kana together.

On the gameplay front, first the big news: Elle will not take part in battle.

Other story and gameplay details include:

Weapon Shift: By pressing L1 and R1 simultaneously, you'll be able to toggle between your weapons. Press L1 and R2 simultaneously, and you can toggle in the reverse direction.

World Affairs: Liese Maxia and Elenpios are moving towards a state of peace and harmony, but due to different thinking and cultural level, there appears to be some conflict brewing.

Klanpios Company: A giant corporation that has its home base in a giant building in Trigraf. It commands the top share in a number of fields. Rudger wants to work for them.

Origin: A next generation technology which allows one to perform arts/magic without killing spirits. It's not yet in use.
    http://andriasang.com/con1f6/tox2_details/

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/12...ns-on-the-fly/

Tales Of Xillia 2′s Battle System Lets Players Switch Weapons On The Fly
    One of the main gameplay elements in Tales of Xillia 2 is the Weapon Shift system. Players can change weapons in the heat of battle by holding L1 and pressing R1 to cycle forward. Pressing R2 goes back a weapon, so it’s possible to quickly switch what sword Ludgar has in his hand.

Ludgar, as explained in Famitsu magazine, is kind of like a homemaker. He 20 and lives with his older brother in Trigraph, but since his brother is out most of the time Ludgar takes care of the pad. He also watches Lulu, the cat, and cooks food. Because he cooks delicious meals for his brother, Ludgar has become quite a chef. When he’s not cleaning up the house, Ludgar daydreams about working at the Clanpios corporation. This giant building is the heart of Trigraph’s industrial infrastructure.

Elle is the other main character in Tales of Xillia 2. She’s eight years old and described as pampered and shy. Elle is on a quest to the legendary land called Canaan. Legend says travelers that arrive in Canaan will be granted a single wish. Elle plans on using this to help her father. She meets Ludgar while traveling through Trigraph. While Elle is a key character, she will not fight in battle.

After the events in Tales of Xillia, Liese Maxia and Elenpios are moving towards a reconciliation, but cultural differences keep the fire of conflict kindling. Channeling spirits to cast elemental magic was a key part of the story and in Tales of Xillia 2 a technology called Origin is in development that lets users cast spells without killing spirits.

Tales of Xillia 2 is slated for release in Japan this winter.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That is a large cat.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://andriasang.com/con1p2/tox2_alvin_leia/

Tales of Xillia's Alvin and Leia Appear in Sequel
    As Tales of Xillia 2 is a direct sequel to the original Tales of Xillia, it shouldn't come as much of a surprise to learn that some of the characters will be returning. Today, Jump (and Jump flying getter Tales Source) provided confirmation. TOX's Alvin and Leia will appear in TOX2. They're shown in Jump sporting new outfits (why does it always take a sequel to make these guys change their clothes?)

Jump also has a November 1 release date for the game (which we reported earlier as an unconfirmed story) and a first introduction to main character Ludger's older brother Julius (voiced by Tooru Okawa).

You may be able to see some new bits from Xillia 2 in tonight's Bandai Namco Live TV broadcast, which will feature the formal announcement of the game's release date. Tuen in here at 22:00.