Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of Xillia 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

First of all, I hate CC. Bringing that up makes me not even wish to explain it to you because I am certain you will not understand.

Yes, I hate all of the various forms of it (I don't care what anyone says EBG, etc etc are all basically just CC). But honestly, CC hardly functions as the 'limiter' it is supposed to be beyond the first section of each game it is in. I'm not going to go too deep into this because I've already explained this several times on several forums.

Anyway, the story was pretty lame too. At least it had some decent characters... though I felt they were mostly bland compared to the other entries too.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Genuinely curious to know why you didn't like CC. Not even trying to troll/provoke or anything. I've just seen you mention it before and wanted to know. Also:

Anyway, the story was pretty lame too. At least it had some decent characters... though I felt they were mostly bland compared to the other entries too.
    Hmm.. I can see why you feel that way, and while part of me's inclined to agree, I think the thing that struck me was that they had pretty good interaction with each other. If nothing else, the skits were a lot more hilarious, as well as the win quotes.

But maybe I'm just partial to the fact that Richard's a big ol' troll.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Chiming in as another CC hater. Unfortunately, I can't explain why beyond "it didn't feel right."

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Corpse Shell Ludger

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What is Raiden doing in this game!

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Well thing is most of us haven't played any other CC games. While it's terrible to you, it's a nice fresh breath of air for some people who never got a chance to try it. Since you've played many of the JP only tales games, I can see where you're coming from, so I wont bother you anymore about the battle system.

Story being shit I honestly just chalk up to tales games being tales. I play tales games mostly for the gameplay, and I've grown to expect the story to be mediocre, so I don't have much expectation from it. The story is lighthearted and decent enough to be fun to follow, but that's about it.

As for characters, I can't speak for JP only games, but I think Graces had my favorite cast so far. It's the only game where I've actually liked every character. Most games usually have one or two characters which I just can't stand, but none of Graces' characters did that to me. The interaction between them, and the skits, were all very well done, and incredibly enjoyable. Cast alone is what set Graces near the top of my list for me.

The fact that all characters were fun to play as, and felt like a completely different experience, was a huge plus for me.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/11...s-of-xillia-2/

Milla Maxwell Returns For Tales of Xillia 2

We already knew Jude Mathis is going to be making a return in Tales of Xillia. Today, a leak from the latest Jump magazine has revealed that Tales of Xillia’s other protagonist, Milla Maxwell, will be returning as well.

Milla will once again be voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro, and is described as proud and somewhat on the stubborn side. Her image in Jump shows her wearing a new outfit, too.

Additionally, Jump also shares the game’s main visual, which was collaborated on by longtime Tales illustrator Mutsumi Inomata, Tales of the Abyss art director, Daigo Okumura, and Oh My Goddess! manga-ka Kousuke Fujishima, who did character design for Tales of Vesperia, Symphonia and Abyss.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Looks like Gaius and Muse in that last pic there... extra party members are a possibility :3

Milla has normal hair (no blue/green), no last name (all Xillia stuff had her as Milla Maxwell) and her quote is feminine...

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/13...es-characters/

Tales Of Series Creator Tells Us How He Creates Tales Characters
    When we spoke with Tales producer Hideo Baba he stressed the importance of having memorable characters in his games. "When we are developing titles, I first prepare a rough world setting and the basic storyline. Then the team works together to add details to the plot and atmosphere. The most important thing is the Tales series is part of the JRPG genre so I want to create characters players can emphasize with and they will want to follow as the story continues," Baba said to Siliconera.

I told Baba-san that I think fans in the West like Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia since he’s more developed as a character. He knows who he is rather than searching for himself like the young "gung ho" JRPG hero archetype.

"There is a possibility to have another Yuri-style character again, but I think it’s important to listen to the fan’s voices," Baba responded. "The development team is always creating new worlds and characters, so it’s possible to see different kinds of leading characters."

Ludger, the protagonist in Tales of Xillia 2, is totally different kind of Tales protagonist. Baba and the Tales of team wanted to make a lead character that makes players feel like a hero. Instead of emphasizing with Ludger, players make decisions that change how the story unfolds. In comparison, Baba said, "Jude [from Tales of Xillia] is the same kind of leading character as seen in the previous Tales games." I asked Baba-san to tell us more about how returning characters like Alvin and Leia grew in Tales of Xillia 2.

"If we talk a lot about what happened between Tales of Xillia and Tales of Xillia 2 it might be a big spoiler for everyone," Baba laughed. "Xillia’s theme is ‘unwavering convictions’ and at the end of the game they found their own way. I changed their facial expressions and costumes for characters like Alvin and Leia to explain how they’ve grown after one year."

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl