+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    And no, it's not my PC, it's a known problem that's widely documented on the forums if you'd care to look, GW2 isn't performing well on many high-end systems and a lot of people are having issues with it. My laptop's capable of running far more demanding games with relative ease.

God I'm so ridiculously delusional, how do I get through life?
    The problem isn't that it runs poorly, it's that it runs disproportionate. Max settings, minimum settings, max resolution, 640x480. Same FPS because GPUs dont get cranked. For me, it's about 40 most of the time, 80 in no mans land, 15 in zergs/end of beta stress events. If you're at 10fps all the time, your PC sucks and that will never get much better. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, optimization isn't magic.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just fired up the launcher, looks like there's a few files to download. Gonna wanna do that before Monday, and keep checking occasionally to avoid downloading said files at 31 bytes/second.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    The problem isn't that it runs poorly, it's that it runs disproportionate. Max settings, minimum settings, max resolution, 640x480. Same FPS because GPUs dont get cranked. For me, it's about 40 most of the time, 80 in no mans land, 15 in zergs/end of beta stress events. If you're at 10fps all the time, your PC sucks and that will never get much better. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, optimization isn't magic.
    Exactly, and Optimization for GPUs is not going to happen anytime soon. Plus, NVidia and ATI will need to do their own optimization for things like SLI. During the last Stress test, I was informed that running GW2 with SLI was a very bad thing. Turning off SLI on my system increased framerate by 10-15fps in both uncrowded and crowded areas. Moving from 10-15 in zerg WvW to the 30+ realm was very nice. My system is not as awesome as some people will build for GW2, but I do have an i7 and twin 560s.

The Anet team has gone to decent lengths to inform the "testers" that certain "high-end" system configurations that theoretically should produce better performance, actually degrade performance. They have even said that overclocked GPU and CPUs have shown inferior performance. I do not rightly know why or how they came to this conclusion, but it was on the official forums/twitter during the last test period.

Either way, this stress test is about the servers and them tweaking WvW and the Guest/Overflow systems. Not any actual gameplay, mechanics or client issues. They just want to see if their tweaks since the last test have fixed some of the overwhelming issues with WvW, Overflow and queuing systems.

smoothest stress test ever so far lol

SPUULY
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I had no lag while running bitorrent, that's smooth all right. now, where's the stress part again? have to go to work or I'd be on longer :/

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Just started getting some heavy, HEAVY lag, but hey, its a goddamn stress test!

Doin' jump puzzle during the test. The WvW one is pretty rough when people wanna PVP during it!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Seems like the stress is happening in the starter areas or has something to do with the instances. Tried making a new character and it only seems to load up to 95ish % before stopping. Also went to do some of my personal story on a character from last beta and had pretty much the same thing happen.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Had no problems logging in, making a new character and playing until level 5 a couple hours ago.

Its so cool when Jon Peters is sitting in the pvp lobby just chatting with people about changes and stuff lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Had some major input delay when I first started, but it eventually smoothed out and the game ran brilliantly.

However, I'm trying to run the Infiltration mission and I get stuck at the loading screen for the instance at exactly 95% each time (3rd try). My MMO buddy got the same issue. Anyone else get this issue?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

aww, its over

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

MMO buddy and I tried to stay on as long as possible but the game crashed.