+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Guild Wars 2 Stress Test : May 14 11 AM to 6:00 PM PDT (-7 GMT).

http://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/p...50848164094209
    We’ll be conducting a stress test on Monday May 14 from 11 AM to 6:00 PM PDT (-7 GMT).

This special test event is open only to Pre-Purchase customers who have registered their accounts. With your help, we can conduct important tests and address some of the issues we identified during our first Beta Weekend Event. During this event, all you need to do is play normally with a new or existing character on your Beta account using the same game client. Please note that since this is a stress test of our servers, you may experience some in-game performance issues. If you’ve pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 and wish to participate in the stress test, we recommend that you register the account and download the game client.

Pre-Purchase customers, log in to the Beta Forums for more information and/or to download the Beta client if needed.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...Started/169235

Having issues logging in? Contact Support: https://support.guildwars2.com/

~RB2
    Time to get my fix~

SPUULY
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

monday at 12 noon (for me), got it, I'll be there!

edit: isn't pacific -8? I thought Mountain time was -7 O.o

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xalien Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

sweet mercy.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

I can fool around for a couple hours before going to work. Yay.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Argh I work 12 to 4 Monday, hopefully it's pst

The stress test (and anything ANet does) is PST/PDT. They're located in WA, so they'll do things around their time.

shite, will be out of town.. damn you GW2

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

I will enjoy the half hour I can play immensely!

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

No character wipe, according to that blog post -- we'll have the same chars/bank from last time. I, thankfully, am off that day and will focus pretty exclusively on giving engineer a second try.

tol

If its anything like the previous stress test, you guys will be playing the login screen lol

Quote Originally Posted by tol View Post
    If its anything like the previous stress test, you guys will be playing the login screen lol
    I duno what you are talking about I logged from the start to finish without an issue last stress test

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Only issue i had last time was the overflow system and i have a feeling this test will address it.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Dranio View Post
    isn't pacific -8? I thought Mountain time was -7 O.o
    PST is GMT-8
    PDT is GMT-7

I'm curious how many other BG people got to level 30 during BWE1. They're not wiping characters for this, so it would be a chance to go try out ascalon catacombs.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I guess nothings going to be done on optimisation yet being as they said its the same build as before

I really hope its done for the next beta weekend, hard to appreciate the game on 10 fps (although I still enjoyed the first weekend)

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    I guess nothings going to be done on optimisation yet being as they said its the same build as before

I really hope its done for the next beta weekend, hard to appreciate the game on 10 fps (although I still enjoyed the first weekend)
    Can't really get any more fucking delusional than this lol. Optimization is the last thing done, and you're still looking at several months of beta. You want it done in the 2 weeks since the last test?

And if you get 10fps in situations where there aren't 100+ people in the area, its your PC.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Can't really get any more fucking delusional than this lol. Optimization is the last thing done, and you're still looking at several months of beta. You want it done in the 2 weeks since the last test?

And if you get 10fps in situations where there aren't 100+ people in the area, its your PC.
    My only point of reference is the fact that they stated on the forums that optimisation had only recently begun for the last beta, and I was hoping that maybe some progress was being made, not expecting it to be completed, how fucking delusional of me.

And no, it's not my PC, it's a known problem that's widely documented on the forums if you'd care to look, GW2 isn't performing well on many high-end systems and a lot of people are having issues with it. My laptop's capable of running far more demanding games with relative ease.

God I'm so ridiculously delusional, how do I get through life?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    No, it's not my PC, it's a known problem that's widely documented on the forums if you'd care to look, GW2 isn't performing well on many high-end systems
    Not sure what your definition of "high-end" is, but on my very entry-level (some might say mid-range) [email protected], DDR3-1600@6-7-6-20, GTX 460 'gaming' system, the game ran quite well with all settings maxed. The only problems I read about on the official forums were people with newer mid-range AMD GPUs, like the HD 7770 and some Intel integrated graphics chipsets (which are known to be poor performers anyway). Laptop specs for curiosity's sake?

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Optimization is the last thing done, and you're still looking at several months of beta.
    What. No. Don't say that!

I don't know why your bitching about optimization on a 6 hour stress test, likely you wont be able to log in for 1-2hours and stay connected for 30mins at a time anyway.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Stress test is a server side test...not client. There's a reason why it's using the same version as BWE #1 for this.