+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I wanna say points should only be counted if kills are done in specific areas (away from safe zones) but then again, isn't that what BGs are essentially going to fulfill?

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I can kill a Lv40 just as fast as I can kill a Lv11, so pretty damn pointless there too.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Oh neat. All the trash Aion guilds are probably jacking off continuously at the thought of having another reason to be camping lowbies.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

GvG vanarchy on a PvE server is stupid as fuck

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Whats the problem, Katlan?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Might have something to do with PVE servers being essentially the PVP servers but with the declare infamy quest turned off, and how fucking retarded PVP still is in TERA.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    PvE servers are stupid as fuck
    Ftfy

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Might have something to do with PVE servers being essentially the PVP servers but with the declare infamy quest turned off, and how fucking retarded PVP still is in TERA.
    There's nothing really wrong with the PvP itself; it's the ruleset for Outlaws and GvGs that's retarded.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Whats the problem, Katlan?
    It's the fact that the best zones on a PvE server are given to GvG vanarchy when only like 2-3 guilds have ever cared for GvG in the first place on Dragonfall (and Im sure in general on PvE servers). 90% of guilds won't do GvG because ppl don't want to be ganked left and right on a PvE server... and it makes perfect sense because that is why ppl picked a PvE server.

So I can understand why the best zones would go to a GvG vanarchy on a PvP server, but having that be the same on a PvE server is beyond retarded and just pisses everyone off because there is literally nothing 90% of the guilds can do about it w/o making their members suffer through something they don't want to be part of

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Yeah, I can see how a "might is right" approach to GVG wouldn't really feel right on a PVE sever. I suppose they didn't just want it to all come down to money and popularity, though.

Eh.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm shocked someone didn't swoop in on the last day of registration and take a region uncontested, or at least work with another guild and take both.

Cant wait until this 1% bs is over. People need to get used to max taxes, and expecting full operations. Maybe making some dough and lambasting those who cant hack it will boost some interest.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah it came down to 3 guilds... well rather 2 since one of the guilds was a main while the other was an alt. I think they ended up splitting 2 zones imposing a 5% tax over everything. After the results last night, it seems from LFG chat that one guild won with no one going up against them in GvG. So that was an automatic win for them. I think they were the ones that imposed max tax on everything. Out of the 20 or so guilds that ran for vanarchy in DragonFall, only 2 did it through GvG. Outside of those 3 zones, taxes in all the other districts are set at 1%.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/379/taxesb.png

Max tax is best tax?

I personally have no problems with max tax. The guild I'm in, Requiem of Heaven, and their alt guild both won regions and I put the idea out there to do atleast 5%. Well, our owner has been MIA anyways, due to PC probs for the past few days, so none of the vendors or anything has been taken care of and people are already putting the guild on blast lmao

Personally, the Vanarchy system seems pretty half-assed. Why can't guild captains also take care of policies and vendors? Having everything relying on 1 dude doesn't make much sense(in the real world or in-game).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

JC:

6/15 - 15%
    3/15 - 5%

Good start.

Hope EME does nothing with the zones that no one ran for. :D

What happens to those zones? Are taxes at default and vendors on vacation?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah at least on DragonFall it seems many guilds have given up on the notion of vanarchy. One main reason is that the majority of these guilds that used to have anywhere from 250-300 members are down to roughly 50 or so from LFG chat (members of these guilds). Others have already closed up and have said their goodbyes. I really don't think it is any better in the other PVE servers since our server is hands down the most populated. This was posted on a thread under our server sub-forum and Minea did respond to this a couple of hours ago:

"We are thinking of ways to make the vanarchship more desirable and worthwhile such as decreasing the amount of gold required to run for the office and increasing the length of the term. This should help with encouraging more folks to participate."

I think overall they are going to tone down some things to make it easier.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Sounds like people are leaving, but not because of the Vanarch system. If they want to make the Vanarch system more popular, they should probably address the issues causing people to leave. A bad Vanarch system (its not all bad) is probably more of an "icing on the cake" issue than the cake itself at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Sounds like people are leaving, but not because of the Vanarch system. If they want to make the Vanarch system more popular, they should probably address the issues causing people to leave. A bad Vanarch system (its not all bad) is probably more of an "icing on the cake" issue than the cake itself at this point.
    Pretty much this and they don't have to look far to figure out the reason. When you only have 2 dungeons basically, and then 2 hardmode versions of those but which are gated to you unless the lottery favors you a lot of people just hang up the towel and go back to their original games. Vanarch system is still going semi strong on CH, but I did notice A LOT less guilds going out for it this past week. It's pretty amazing that Dragonfall is seeing that issue though, I thought it was hugely populated compared to other servers.

Just noticed we have like 4 or 5 provinces on CH that no one is claiming at all. Really annoying when leveling an alt through Frontera -_-

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
    Yeah at least on DragonFall it seems many guilds have given up on the notion of vanarchy. One main reason is that the majority of these guilds that used to have anywhere from 250-300 members are down to roughly 50 or so from LFG chat (members of these guilds). Others have already closed up and have said their goodbyes. I really don't think it is any better in the other PVE servers since our server is hands down the most populated. This was posted on a thread under our server sub-forum and Minea did respond to this a couple of hours ago:

"We are thinking of ways to make the vanarchship more desirable and worthwhile such as decreasing the amount of gold required to run for the office and increasing the length of the term. This should help with encouraging more folks to participate."

I think overall they are going to tone down some things to make it easier.
    I was vanarch on arachachnea for the first elections when that server was actually populated with people.

If your tax rate wasn't 1% your guild was labeled "greedy" and idiots of lfg would just bitch complain about it 24/7.

So i (like many guilds on arachnaea) ran at 1%. But the issue was with the dying population 1% wasn't gonna cut it. My guild didn't even break even in Lorcada. 3,000 is pretty steep to only be complained and bitched at by the general populace when your shops aren't up. I was surprised to see on dragonfall that maybe 5 of the zones are missing vanarchs.

I would like to see 1,500g pay in to a bit more reasonable
    1%-3% constant exp buff if all your npcs are functional
    1-2 Extra dallies bring the total to 11 or 12 a day instead of 10

Small side shit that would be awesome to have and give a little more reason to hunting bams all day. Which was actually the fun part gave me and my guild mates (full of ex-xi players) that thrill of HNM hunting. Would be awesome if those bams actually dropped shit too like fanesteel & dreambindings.... they would be in even more demand and some real guild vs guild competition would arise from it(or gold sellers but what ever)

Habere has 2 bams outside of its walls we killed them about 50 times within 3 weeks and i don't remember anything of value ever dropping. Lame~

1 Extreme idea would be to have an instance that only vanarchy members can access (this would boost the need to be a vanarchs tremendously). Yea it would exclude about 70% of the player base but.. most of them are scrubs and bad players in general. Doesn't even have to be tier 13/14 can be tier 12 enigmatic that has a unique look. Hell even limit it like Nexus where you can only do it at certain times.

Have a "nexus" spawn in your zone > run to it & enter the instance > clear out a dungeon that takes maybe an hour > Get some cool/unique gear that other jerks dont have. > profit?

Isnt that part of the fun of MMOS? Having better/rare-er gear than the shmuck next to you?

They need to do something

Support? maybe?
    http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forum...s-for-Vanarchy