+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I have intentionally avoided nexus because it makes me want to break my monitor.

Maybe I'll go back to it next week. But fuck this game. The battle system so good, and then they put in shit like nexus and enchanting. Ugh.

But congrats!

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

http://i47.tinypic.com/260fjep.png

I hadn't played since early June, sub expired but they gave people a free week. 1 days work paid off! Would have been sooner if I hadn't bought shit along the way. Game looks shitty because I was catching up on shows while grinding, and tiny pic destroyed the res.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Coren View Post
    I have intentionally avoided nexus because it makes me want to break my monitor.

Maybe I'll go back to it next week. But fuck this game. The battle system so good, and then they put in shit like nexus and enchanting. Ugh.

But congrats!
    Nexus will be worth it in the long run.

Just remember these few rules...!

1. reload tera before nexus
    2. Hit boss when he's at 20% hp or below at least once with something yourself.
    3. After hitting boss, edge toward the next nexus

follow these fine steps to afk nexus, and you'll rack up the credits/rep O_o

also I think I got a recent accomplishment of the most BT runs with no enigmatic at about 8 so far. But it drops for my lancer.. not a thing for my sorc... qq

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post

also I think I got a recent accomplishment of the most BT runs with no enigmatic at about 8 so far. But it drops for my lancer.. not a thing for my sorc... qq
    8? Excuse me while I guffaw violently since I am at almost 40, a good chunk of that streak w/o seeing any weapon drop at all.

I just dinged 60 the other night, so safe bet is to buy my t12 enig disc for 5.5k? Ran my first Fane last night, got 1 tank who immediately leaves due to me being new(my gear or crystals didn't suck+I think I mentioned that I was fully stocked with meds/scrolls). Second tank leaves promptly after wiping when our mystic messed up a tower at 45%.

The funny thing is the second lancer was already +9'd out, yet they nerdragequit after maybe losing a boss crystal and 5mins of their time? I'm a cheap mf'er, but breaking cruxes ain't even a big deal to me lol If this is what endgame instances are like, then I feel like my time is better spent farming for all my gear ala FFXI(might skip nightgown for awhile, since it's basically a sidegrade from my quest robe). I mean, 300g/hr on a bad run isn't even that bad to me. But, I enjoy instances, it's the only reason why I still play this instead of resubbing my 6yr old FFXI account lol If only my guild had more than a handful of 60 tanks, I would probably feel less jaded about this game's "endgame" atm :\

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    8? Excuse me while I guffaw violently since I am at almost 40, a good chunk of that streak w/o seeing any weapon drop at all.
    getting there (;つД`)

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    I just dinged 60 the other night, so safe bet is to buy my t12 enig disc for 5.5k? Ran my first Fane last night, got 1 tank who immediately leaves due to me being new(my gear or crystals didn't suck+I think I mentioned that I was fully stocked with meds/scrolls). Second tank leaves promptly after wiping when our mystic messed up a tower at 45%.

The funny thing is the second lancer was already +9'd out, yet they nerdragequit after maybe losing a boss crystal and 5mins of their time? I'm a cheap mf'er, but breaking cruxes ain't even a big deal to me lol If this is what endgame instances are like, then I feel like my time is better spent farming for all my gear ala FFXI(might skip nightgown for awhile, since it's basically a sidegrade from my quest robe). I mean, 300g/hr on a bad run isn't even that bad to me. But, I enjoy instances, it's the only reason why I still play this instead of resubbing my 6yr old FFXI account lol If only my guild had more than a handful of 60 tanks, I would probably feel less jaded about this game's "endgame" atm :\

Its pretty normal for tanks/healers to rage alot, and some dps. There are some pretty rage filled people out there.

There are some pretty expensive crystals out there, losing one is kinda "ouch" (like +2 power earring crystal is 880g on my server) 15% threat crystals though are like 25g each >.>

anyway, if most people had decent amount of HP (around 45K+ ) it shouldn't of been a wipe even if someone fucksup a tower >.> DPS should all be wearing the +max hp gems which should put you near 65-70K hp range (more then the 45K that blast does to everyone no matter the gear type).

p.s. dam 5.5K for a sorc disc on your server? O_o Its like 3K on VoT and I'm still debating on buying one >.>

Thanks for the tip on the HP crystals! I'd imagine the tank that died probably gimped himself to avoid losing a major crystal(hell, I wouldn't use pristine zyrks in a PUG lol).

I managed to grab my disc for 4.2k thanks to an awesome fellow sorc lol Now, I can atleast enchant it to +6 and maybe get +9 on gloves with leftover funds sitting on the AH. Maybe I'll soon have a follow-up a pic of my glowing awesomeness for the thread, if the RNG gods permit it.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Tanks generally already have around 60K+ hp and are wearing -Boss damage crystals instead or should be (was it some warrior thinking he's god mode tanking the boss with his face or something keeping low hp to not survive that?) . I've done the boss plenty of times on lancer.. I pretty much always expect someone in some way to fuckup the towers, so I save iron will when the NPC calls out his aoe (says something like "You shall all burn!" or something and fly's toward the middle slowly) , so if I do get hit, I only lose like 25K hp or something. I'd say both the healer, and the tank was failing >.>

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

First Balders Temple HM last night.... yay....

first attempt @ final boss 1%

then 5 random ass attempts later

0%! no drops yayy... fuck you fuck you you piece of shit dungeon lost 6 Box Dmg cruxes at 200g a pop. fuckin mad =(

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Tanks generally already have around 60K+ hp and are wearing -Boss damage crystals instead or should be (was it some warrior thinking he's god mode tanking the boss with his face or something keeping low hp to not survive that?) . I've done the boss plenty of times on lancer.. I pretty much always expect someone in some way to fuckup the towers, so I save iron will when the NPC calls out his aoe (says something like "You shall all burn!" or something and fly's toward the middle slowly) , so if I do get hit, I only lose like 25K hp or something. I'd say both the healer, and the tank was failing >.>
    I can specifically remember the tank's(Lancer) lifebar being at 50% or lower, actually for about 10seconds before the wipe lol I just automatically assumed it was a 1-shot move like Killian's room aoe(or maybe that isn't, too?)

In other news, I managed +6 disc using only whites for about 300g invested. Only 8k~ to go.... time to eat more kimchi for good luck.

Also, holy crap @ the above, I'd take a week hiatus after shit like that...man

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

nah, par the course was my 3rd run

1st run couldn't get pass the ball room, Made us rage quit First attempt we got it to 3% then we wiped/failed for another hour just gave up
    2nd run couldn't get pass green kuma, We didnt understand the mechanics of him in HM and that random ass poison, and random jump 1shot on the mages

3rd run went super smooth all the way till the first wipe @ 1% (mad salt).

wiped @ 5% about 3 more times after that

dealing with the randomness of it was my issue i died way too much. But im sure ill be able to handle it better next time we go.

The learning curve of Hard-modes is brutal as fuck sometimes.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Doing HM are fun since normal are too easy. But not getting a single enig drop is still shit.

I think it'd be fun if they made both FoK and BT hardmodes harder and upped the drop rates significantly.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I can specifically remember the tank's(Lancer) lifebar being at 50% or lower, actually for about 10seconds before the wipe lol I just automatically assumed it was a 1-shot move like Killian's room aoe(or maybe that isn't, too?)

In other news, I managed +6 disc using only whites for about 300g invested. Only 8k~ to go.... time to eat more kimchi for good luck.

You don't actually need HP crystals once your gear is better, or if your lancer is good. I'd just rock full Anarchic. I've saved many a fail FoK normal run with pledge because of my gear, lol.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

The only "aoe" I know regular players can survive (requires those hp crystals) is that first boss in FoK.

It does about 45K no matter what on you.

the 2nd is tank only survival, which is the missle firing boss. You cannot survive his "gather close to boss" one but you can survive his "run away" one (does about 80K no matter what, can be reduced by absorb abilities). No other aoe is survival as far as I know, Killians is a few million damage, the missles are 100K+ , BT first boss/last boss are a few million. BT last boss used to be fun when his laser did 60K to cloth ;/

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    and random jump 1shot on the mages
    If someone gets purple circled they need to watch what green kumas is doing. If he's rolling towards the purple circle target, evade as necessary. If he jumps towards the purple circle target, don't move; it'll miss and do no damage. It's basically a game of chicken.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    it'll miss and do no damage. It's basically a game of chicken.
    Fucking love you

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon