+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardcore Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    I think I had like 600 hp when I took on the butcher I didn't expect him, though: there's no in-game tell that you're about to enter an unescapable boss-fight like there is for pretty much every other miniboss so far.
    Situation was much the same for The Butcher's original appearance. No reason to expect him the first time you find him and it's a tiny room so you're not expecting anything then suddenly MMM FRESH MEAT and you get faceraped. Classic Diablo moment.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I if you play multi you get a pop up that you are about to enter a bc area and asking if you wanna continue but yeah

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    I think I had like 600 hp when I took on the butcher I didn't expect him, though: there's no in-game tell that you're about to enter an unescapable boss-fight like there is for pretty much every other miniboss so far.

But yeah full clearing is a tremendously good idea when playing no-twink. Not only are you finding more items, but you'll keep up or outpace the target level which is probably the biggest factor at low level. Multiple chars feeding helps on the rares front too.
    lol, I cheated a little then. by the time Eury #2 got to the A1 boss, I was lv16 / 1220 hp @Q@; Well I suppose that assbeating was good payback for lamekilling Eurydice #1.

I've talked a few former XI LSmates into trying HC now, hooking them up a little with A1 items and gonna start a barb.

Just started my barb in HC, wish me luck!

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Penthesilea View Post
    Just started my barb in HC, wish me luck!
    Heh same. Just beak Skelly dude and I'm gonna farm till probably 13 or so before questing further. Gotta craft some good gear too. The +hp on hit affix on weapon with clear is a god damn heal and rocks.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

was up to lvl 25 and died at end of act 2 with my wizard.....*sadpanda*

Act 2 boss is hard...no shame in dying there. From what I've heard he's one of the hardest in the game, technically.

Had an excellent game with Roranora and some ffxi friends tonight, from SK -> Act 2 Miniboss #1. Had a couple of mishaps early, but we ended up turning it into a pretty solid 4p game. Got some sick drops too.

Also we made Roranora solo the butcher. Whoops.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah.. really fun game. My newly started barb from the 730pm post is now my highest char at lv19.

Yar, made like 20 grand too, which I finally spent on the stash since I realized I was keeping all my gems in inventory on WD, bad idea.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Something that is completely broken in this game -although probably by design- is the fact that when you are in melee range when the animation starts and you then move out of range, you still get hit.

I mean, try this with one of those Ravenous Dead in OT. They are very slow. Turn on display damage numbers. Stand next to one. They raise their arm to hit. Their animation is slow enough for me to move out of range (like I would do in any other ARPG) before it hits. So I'm like 2 meters away when the blow still connects and damages me.

Of course, stuff doesn't kill me or whatever, it's just annoying. If you've played other ARPGs extensively, this shit is so counter-intuitive lol.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Just realized this thread exists.

Euph0ri4#1646

Just got to Act 4 (currently lv30) with my wizard. Act 2's boss had me shitting bricks... Act 3's boss had me shitting even more bricks. I love how on the edge of my seat this game gets me. Fucking epic.

BG Level

I'm gonna try Wizard HC hope i don't regret it

So I haven't started HC yet, waiting on more server stability etc, but I'm curious, how do people plan to deal with horrible rare mob affixes? Some stuff like walling + arcane is just nuts to deal with (Mario spinning lava lines on crack) and I can't imagine just letting anything be thrown at me. Do you end up leaving game and just dealing with the area reset?

Ridill
    BG Level

Kind of the point of hardcore unless you're just doing it to say you did.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

after playing the game through hell all ive to say is LOLhardcore

BG Level

Here is my battle tags

Ratatapa (Whippet#1331 )

Wizard lv 6 HC atm, not saying it will be my main but trying it atm

Quote Originally Posted by altwight View Post
    after playing the game through hell all ive to say is LOLhardcore
    Yeah I'm watching some of Method's Softcore Inferno livestream and they're dying all over the place haha.

It looks, though, that they've progressed way beyond their gear because it takes forever to kill anything. I'm sure with a good amount of farming, things will be faster, easier and safer.

E: I also sort of expect Blizz to tune Inferno based on the metrics they're gathering now.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

We've got Rata going!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Started my first ever HC char, Monk. From beta til now I haven't died in D3 once doing a solo Wiz and party WD, hopefully that trend continues.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Started my first ever HC char, Monk. From beta til now I haven't died in D3 once doing a solo Wiz and party WD, hopefully that trend continues.
    Just be prepared because it won't heh