+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Not Sure where else to post this, so I will tag it on this thread

I got my Arise & Awake last night, and did some scrolling to get the stats I wanted. Later at work, I decided to write a script to simulate the scrolling so I could get some statistics on efficiency. I am sure there is some mathematical formula that would do this much more efficiently, but I have always been better at logic than math ... so

[EDIT: all of these simulations where run 100,000 times ... so they have decent accuracy]
    Perfect 4/4 using Spell Seal @ 1st Perfect Stat ~ Total:7311g Spell:7231g Scroll:79g
    Perfect 4/4 using Spell Seal @ 2x Perfect Stats ~ Total:7110g Spell:7015g Scroll:95g
    Perfect 4/4 using Spell Seal @ 3x Perfect Stats ~ Total:6110g Spell:5751g Scroll:358g
    Perfect 4/4 scrolls only ~ Total:10849g (avr 1.8k attempts ... dont do this)
    Almost 3/4 scrolls only ~ Total:1213g (avr 202 attempts)
    Meh .... 2/4 scrolls only ~ Total:242g

Source can be found at:
    codepad (dot) org /2Czc6asd

The simulation was done assuming 11 possible stats with each one having the same probability of showing up (bad assumption but its a starting point). Since I didnt have the game in front of me at the time, I ball parked the price of scrolls to be 6g for 1x Ident + 1x Enig and ball parked Spell Seal dust at 20g per. With the fluxuation in taxes ... there isnt really an exact price anyway ... so I figured these numbers where close enough to get the results I was looking for.

If you find this useful feel free to pass it on

This is a pretty awesome first post!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

Teir 4 level 22 blue
    +1 - white pass
    +1 - White fail
    +2 - white pass
    +2 - white fail x3
    +3 - green pass
    +4 - green pass
    +4 - green fail
    +5 - green pass
    +5 - green fail x43
    +6 - blue pass

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

T12 Weapon:
    White (+1)
    White (Fail)
    White (+2)
    White (+3)
    White x6 (Fail)
    White (+4)
    White x4 (Fail)
    White (+5)
    White (Fail)
    White (+6)
    Gold (+7)
    Gold (Fail)
    Gold (+8 )

MaachaQ

T11 gold weapon starting ilevel 119

Green 107 +1
    Blue 117 +2 (new ilevel 121)
    Gold 117 +3
    Blue 121 +4 (123)
    Gold 121 (was my old level 54 +6 weapon) +5
    White 119 fail x2
    Gold 123 +6 (125)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So I've been really slack getting information in my spreadsheet since I took up craftin (which is a MASSIVE goldsink). If I put this spreadsheet in googledocs, anybody want to help enter information?

Bit of a necro but you might want to factor in the time (pref regarding seconds and perhaps even milliseconds) of when you are hitting the final enchant confirmation. A lot of things in games/programming are based around the clock in some form to help in random generating algorithms since it's something always changing that you can count on being there on any system. I've been working on doing this with the egg event (highest 26 so too new to really try enchanting since im poor and alkahest are bitchin expensive at my level), and have found some loose patterns. My sample size is admittedly very small since I've only had yesterday afternoon to collect them. I've gotten ruby specs twice now from Gold Eggs by clicking the egg as soon as the seconds on my windows clock hits xx:xx:04 (01:36:04 and 01:52:04 AM CST to be precise). I've been having a ~65ms latency so when you factor in my reaction time and the click time and such it may end up being something like :05 or :06 before it actually registers. No idea if it is using the client clock to determine or the servers, but the windows clock is a decent enough constant to keep timing my clicks on for now (guess I could attempt to pull the ethernet cord and open some eggs and see if it will hatch or not? idk if thatd work either way). Silver's have given me stupid ass Sanguine Charms 7x now when clicking on xx:xx:00 on my windows clock so I'm avoiding that like the plague.

I do believe different eggs have different times/values compared to others as silver has never given anything good at :04; they have consistently given me health/stamina potions (usually valkyons). Could be seeing patterns where there are none, but can't hurt much to time my clicks out and look for a pattern anyway if it truly is random. Oh, and :30 (so many time variables throwing results off a bit so can never be real sure of an exact time only approx) seemed to give good odds for a crux on silvers and :52ish for bronze.

At any rate, good luck enchanting and crackin eggs.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

T12 boots
    Using BoP 141 ilvl gold boots
    http://www.neko-sentai.com/images11ya/boots.jpg

Here are the results with my Arise and Awake, if not posted Blue rest were Golds:

Arise & Awake
    0/1
    0/2
    0/3
    1/4 +7
    1/5
    1/6
    1/7
    1/8
    2/9 +8
    2/10
    2/11
    2/12
    2/13
    2/14 Blue
    2/15
    2/16
    2/17
    2/18
    2/19 Blue
    2/20
    2/21
    2/22
    2/23
    2/24
    2/25
    2/26
    2/27
    2/28
    2/29
    2/30
    2/31
    3/31 +9

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I think i read somewhere that the item leve is main factor. THen comes what grade. you know what you could try ? if you fail couple times on your higher up enchantments, try enchanting lower grade items of the same tier first before you use it to enchant with. It might cost less to use a +4 white than to use 3 blues at later levels.,.. just a thought.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by heewoong View Post
    I think i read somewhere that the item leve is main factor. THen comes what grade. you know what you could try ? if you fail couple times on your higher up enchantments, try enchanting lower grade items of the same tier first before you use it to enchant with. It might cost less to use a +4 white than to use 3 blues at later levels.,.. just a thought.
    Though the mass data [that is not all displayed in this thread] supports the ilvl influence, with the enchanting success increases and the +% on failures; it really isnt worth to pre enchant fodder anymore for this current stage of the game. T13 fodder prices are fairly similar due to the amount of people enchanting Fraywind PVP equipement, and enig T14's still hold value to be sold for what they are. Previously you could pump up the lvl58 T12 to use for your Sleeper set, but now you just brute force whites/greens/golds with good results and toy with the optional rng game with blues and QQ about the MW system. "I just cant seem to get +X number" isn't heard anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6