Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Tera: Enchanting theorycrafting + statistics data dump thread

Write down your data and drop it here.

I doubt Koreans are that anal to have indv item levels factor in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to start a thread dedicated to enchanting, but I don't have enough information yet to start it myself. I vaguely recall a thread (or post) about enchanting previously, but I couldn't find it.

In general, I'm trying to find out what kind of percentages there are for enchanting at different tiers (is it easier on a lvl 22 item than 60 item), using different equipment grades (white, green, blue, gold), at different enchantment levels (obviously its harder the higher you go, but how much). This would take quite a bit of data to be anywhere close to accurate, so I figure if people just write down their attempts at enchanting and start posting it, that would be a good start. This information will be completely different from the korean version due to not being able to fail and drop levels any more.

I've heard quite a few people that use whites to get from 1 to 6 somewhat regularly, I personally have burned half a dozen golds failing +4 to +5. I'm also curious how everybody's +9's are going, and if anybody has gotten the masterwork shit to try for +12 (assuming its in the game yet?). How much money are people spending to get the +9, and how much for +12?

Here's one I tried last night:
    Lvl60, T12, body piece
    white, pass to +1
    white, pass to +2
    white, fail
    white, pass to +3
    green, fail
    green, pass to +4
    white, fail x 3
    green, fail x 8
    blue, pass to +5
    blue, fail x 4
    white, fail x 20

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

We had a GM talking in LFG chat last night. I forget the name as it was something longish and with A's and E's.. maybe an S. I saw one running around during CBT BAM event. When I tried to take a screenshot a random BAM ran infront and blocked it.

I've been enchanting stuff for alts lately and having a horrid time at doing so. Wish I would have known sooner I would have copied down all the data. I was failing to +1 things and having trouble getting +3, and +6 was out of the question for a pair of leather gloves I had. I tossed atleast 30 pairs of white, green, and blues at them and they stayed +5.

I haven't gotten any T12 gear yet to play with for enchanting.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Coren View Post
    I would like to start a thread dedicated to enchanting, but I don't have enough information yet to start it myself. I vaguely recall a thread (or post) about enchanting previously, but I couldn't find it.

In general, I'm trying to find out what kind of percentages there are for enchanting at different tiers (is it easier on a lvl 22 item than 60 item), using different equipment grades (white, green, blue, gold), at different enchantment levels (obviously its harder the higher you go, but how much). This would take quite a bit of data to be anywhere close to accurate, so I figure if people just write down their attempts at enchanting and start posting it, that would be a good start. This information will be completely different from the korean version due to not being able to fail and drop levels any more.

I've heard quite a few people that use whites to get from 1 to 6 somewhat regularly, I personally have burned half a dozen golds failing +4 to +5. I'm also curious how everybody's +9's are going, and if anybody has gotten the masterwork shit to try for +12 (assuming its in the game yet?). How much money are people spending to get the +9, and how much for +12?

Here's one I tried last night:
    Lvl60 body piece
    white, pass to +1
    white, pass to +2
    white, fail
    white, pass to +3
    green, fail
    green, pass to +4
    green, fail 6 times
    There is a thread similar to what you are looking for here : http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/109...ding-by-Deioth

I am not sure how accurate this info is now that our rules and alkhests have changed though.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    There is a thread similar to what you are looking for here : http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/109...ding-by-Deioth

I am not sure how accurate this info is now that our rules and alkhests have changed though.
    That's exactly the one I was looking for! Other than the general concept, there are quite a few changes. A lot of the stats have changed slightly it seems, and obviously any percentages that were figured out are out the window. If a mod wants to stick relevant posts over there, that'd be fine.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So now that the thread is revived, please post your enchanting results.

Make sure to list the item level, tier, and each pass/fail and what item grade was used. Unfortunately it'll be a while before any useful results are seen, but every little bit helps!

Sic itur ad astra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Got my first item worth enchanting yesterday so decided to give it a shot.

Level 38 Phalanx Greaves, starting iLvl 87

White, pass to +1
    White, fail
    White, pass to +2
    White, pass to +3
    White, fail
    White, fail
    Green, pass to +4
    Green, fail
    Green, fail
    Green, fail
    Green, pass to +5
    Green, pass to +6

At +6 it's iLvl is now 93

I was expecting it to take more, so still have a couple greens and a few blues left. Where do I get the better Alkahest to try for higher?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

You get the nicer alks at specialty shops... that are presently closed pending vanarch elections.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Mellema View Post
    Where do I get the better Alkahest to try for higher?
    Believe me, you don't want to. Going past +6 is something you save for Tier-12 Endgame armor/weapons due to its high cost (for the special type Alkahest).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

You get the nicer alks at specialty shops... that are presently closed pending vanarch elections.
    Castanic(sp?) still had the specialty shop open on Freehold. Might be worth checking your server to see if it is same. I felt like picking up a couple more glistening after dinging 50.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Every shop I saw, including castanica, was closed.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I was in Tulufan on my lowbie last night and the Specialty Merchant is still open there.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

A few people here have said that due to community rage, EME has opened some (all?) of the speciality shop owners in various cities for the time being.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

They reopened them until vanarch voting starts.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Apparently until June 1.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

To add to my failure list:

T12, lvl 60 body piece, starting at +5
    9 whites fail
    2 greens fail
    1 blue fail

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

xT12, lvl 60 feet, starting enchant 0
    white, pass to +1
    white, pass to +2
    white, fail
    white, pass to +3
    white, fail x 6
    white, pass to +4
    white, fail x 3

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

And to continue my failures... ugh

t12 lvl 60 body, starting at +5
    1 blue fail
    10 white fail
    (total fails for the +6 is 5 blues and around 30 whites... woohoo!)
    gold, pass to +6 (hated wasted a gold, but goddamn at 35 fails)

t12 lvl 60 feet, starting at +4
    6 white fail
    white, pass to +5
    1 white fail

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Coren why aren't you using greens after level 3 instead of spamming whites?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Mainly due to the number of people that have said "why are you using greens and blues when the success rate seems to be the same and theres no penalty for failing".

That's the entire reason I started this thread. I want data so I can try to figure out if it's worth buying greens (or blues) to upgrade. Golds definitely seem to be a higher rate, and I assume greens and blues are as well. The question is a matter of percentages. If the percentages on pass are 60% on blues and 30% on whites, and if blues cost 250g where whites cost 10g, that's an obvious answer. If whites are 3% pass where blues are 60% pass, that's a little different.

I'm trying to get some numbers to back up how to enchant. I'd like to know that going for +5 from +4, using gold is 90%, blue is 70%, green is 50%, and white is 5% (or whatever). That way people can look at prices of items and make an informed decision, not a decision to buy a bunch of everything they see, stick their tongue out, cross their eyes, and do it only on iceday while facing north.

I'd also like to know what the percentages are past 6. I know they are shitty, I'm curious how shitty. Some people I know have gone 1/1 on the 6->7, where some have burned 30+ golds on it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Looking over my notes, whites to +4 or 5 is easy enough.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast