Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

As I'm getting into hell I'm starting to get annoyed at the item system. There's no variety, it's just bland main stat+vit stacking. Additionally things like +4 max fury or +1.3% chance to blind are completely worthless since they never matter. Completely random stats on legendaries are annoyingly disappointing. Wizards/WD do more damage by equipping a high damage 1h axe/sword than they do by equipping a wand/staff.

And then there's the whole blues being better than sets/legendary thing...

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

What is the point of the blacksmith when looking @ gear upgrades? It costs so much gold to level him and a shit-ton of gold to craft the good shit thats a crapshoot. You can spend the same amount of gold @ the AH and get the items you want with the mods you're looking for by the time you craft something awesome out of the blacksmith.

Seems so counter intuitive to me.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

A lot of the shit on the AH is crafted from the blacksmith, so I'd say he serves a purpose >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    As I'm getting into hell I'm starting to get annoyed at the item system. There's no variety, it's just bland main stat+vit stacking. Additionally things like +4 max fury or +1.3% chance to blind are completely worthless since they never matter. Completely random stats on legendaries are annoyingly disappointing. Wizards/WD do more damage by equipping a high damage 1h axe/sword than they do by equipping a wand/staff.
    Some of this has always been the case with these kinds of games. Some shit is just utterly worthless to use. Set items have almost always been awful and pointless as you need the whole set and most of the time even if you find the rest it's still garbage. Not sure about legendaries, the ones I've seen have been pretty good overall. Rares are shit compared to blues, though.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

level 10 (or hell, probably even levels 8/9/10) blacksmith recipes and good affix luck after that aren't going to be commonplace or cheap on the AH.

Much stuff is now, yes, and will get you better items for your gold on the AH, but the blacksmith absolutely will not be a waste in the long run

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I hate RNG. For blacksmithing, I would have liked to have seen a feature where you could include gems (and consume them) in the recipe to influence the random enchants. Rubies would encourage str/dmg/etc, with higher level gear requiring higher quality gems to influence. You could still do them they way they are now, but just being able to influence it would be nice.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Some of this has always been the case with these kinds of games. Some shit is just utterly worthless to use. Set items have almost always been awful and pointless as you need the whole set and most of the time even if you find the rest it's still garbage. Not sure about legendaries, the ones I've seen have been pretty good overall. Rares are shit compared to blues, though.
    They pretty much dropped the ball. Some of it is right, but there are some major design flaws. It mostly stems from how generic affixes/stats are and how generic the classes are. A really high damage blue weapon is going to be the best weapon for all classes across the board. Wizard should not be rocking a 1h axe with zero int over a 1h wand with 100 int. I would get more into detail about how fucked the system is and how people are in for a rude awakening if they don't change it... but I'm going to take my time analyzing the system so I really know what I'm talking about first.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Has anyone out there found any Graphics mods for us playing on crappy laptops etc? Tired of walking into high fog, high water, high clutter areas and having the fps tank.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I haven't found anything in the graphics options that specifically helps for the shitty fog (I assume, I only lag really badly in the sewers).
    You could try updating your graphics drivers if you haven't done so in a while.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I haven't found anything in the graphics options that specifically helps for the shitty fog (I assume, I only lag really badly in the sewers).
    Yeah the sewers were especially harsh. I had a lot of mods on Dragon Nest for this like grass, weather effects, and fog, so I was really hoping people had experience with similar things here.

Banned.

BG Level

Be careful when killing bosses.

.-Kill diablo (normal so no big deal)
    .- Loot drops
    .- Get d/c
    .- Login back, no loot on me or on the floor
    .- Sadface

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Do you have vsync enabled ? I found that disabling it in-game & forcing it through nvidia (or whatever card you have) control panel helped for me in sewers.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Thanks. I'll try that.

My complaint for the day: I wish they'd warn you when you're about to sell something with a jewel in it to a vendor >_> Oops.

There's a buyback option at vendors. Only thing you can't recover from is salvage or AH

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yeah but the jewel isn't in the buyback item. (at least not that I saw) also if you're selling a bunch of crap it only shows you the most recent ones so...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Gems are pretty cheap, though. Shouldn't be that big a deal as long as you get the item itself back.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I love/hate the public group system.

Its fast, and its set up in a way to lighten the load on servers which is all well and good. But it keeps putting 2 people together. 49/50 attempts to join public games its always with one other person. I want a fucking group of 3 or 4, at least give me the option for that.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I wish there were a way to lock the ability bars ala WoW. Twice now I've accidentally dragged-and-dropped a skill off of my set while clicking madly in a tense situation, and had to finish a boss fight without it. Luckily it hasn't been anything crucial.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Nyosan View Post
    I wish there were a way to lock the ability bars ala WoW. Twice now I've accidentally dragged-and-dropped a skill off of my set while clicking madly in a tense situation, and had to finish a boss fight without it. Luckily it hasn't been anything crucial.
    This so fucking much.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Why are you clicking your action bar lol

+ Reply to Thread