Cayden Fereles
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila View Post
    *After typing that I kind of want to see a 4Kids Evangelion adaptation now. It could very well be the most confusing 15 minutes in history.
    I don't know why, but this was the single most funniest thing I've read this year.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoru View Post
    AS loves to troll lol

2 new shows

Deadman Wonderland and Cashern Sins

edi: If they show Inuyasha again it will be The Final Act.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    If they add half those shows, what's the point? It'll just be adult swim with some Saturday morning cartoons mixed in for good measure. Mheh.
    ...if you're expecting anything else you'll be sorely disappointed.

I doubt we'll see any kind of DBZ on toonami, Nick currently owns and airs them iirc (Or at least I know they have control of Kai and GT)
    FMA:B and Bleach will definitely be staying on, and I wouldn't be surprised if Bebop, GitS and especially Inu Yasha stay on (AS has a hate/hate relationship with that show, but it's fans are too annoying for them to boot it off the air completely). Chances are FLCL might stick around too, for at least a week or two.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see maybe one or two of the older Toonami stuff coming back, and then having one or two new series added to the list. With the Funimation channel apparently doing pretty poorly, I expect they'll be more willing to shop some of it's shows off to other networks now, and AS seems to be the only one they'd have any kind of success with.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Searching for that also lead me to the TvTropes page which lists all the licenses that they've lost. Which sort of explains why anime stopped showing as much as it used to, and why the new block is so .... light. Also, that might be the single most informative TvTrope page I've ever seen.
    You need to read the Space Ghost Coast to Coast page. More tropes than you can shake a shtick at.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Deadman Wonderland is terrible.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Skrillex is the only Dubstep "artist" i like so idk that would be a good day for me and i know some of the guys here like the garterbelt one

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    You need to read the Space Ghost Coast to Coast page. More tropes than you can shake a shtick at.
    Not for tropes listed, but for 'oh, so this is why cartoon network has started to suck the last few years. A lot of trope pages are stuff that makes sense once you see it spelled out, this was one of the few I've seen where the tropes are the example and the example listed is an explanation.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Not for tropes listed, but for 'oh, so this is why cartoon network has started to suck the last few years. A lot of trope pages are stuff that makes sense once you see it spelled out, this was one of the few I've seen where the tropes are the example and the example listed is an explanation.
    Ahh, that is true as well. On the other hand, SGC2C is a perfect example of what made Adult Swim great in its heyday.

Most Valuable Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cayden Fereles
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    AS loves to troll lol
    edi: If they show Inuyasha again it will be The Final Act.
    I know they do, and I love them for it.

Also...do NOT even joke about Inuyasha. I'm hoping with everything I have that they forget about it forever. DMW had too much whiney for me near the ending, but oh well

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

If they could ever air "Reign the conquerer" then they should be able to air EVA and PSG.... i swear watching that show when i was 10 left me confused for years, just random images of speedo wearing greek demigods ripping bodies in half and women giving birth to snakes in lakes of blood and bodies and entrails everywhere.

Celeste

Oh man, I loved Reign.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I remember watching that

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

not sure if its been said but

http://www.funimation.com/rojas/blog...cement/3469171

Deadman wonderland anyone?

Ridill
    BG Level

Deadman Wonderland manga still going? I remember I was keeping up with it for awhile but then after
    Spoiler: show
    the prison got shut down
    I stopped caring.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I may have missed this, but...

Adult Swim's entire anime schedule for early morning May 27 is as follows:

12:00 a.m. - Bleach
    12:30 a.m. - Deadman Wonderland
    1:00 a.m. - Casshern Sins
    1:30 a.m. - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    2:00 a.m. - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
    2:30 a.m. - Cowboy Bebop

The schedule then repeats between 3:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m.

DeMarco added that Toonami will not be showing Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, and similar titles since "the rights to those shows are owned by our competition or are out of our price range." He continued, "Something you should know about THIS Toonami: We have very, very little $$. This experiment will need ratings success to receive more funding for new shows, more [mascot character] Tom animation, etc. I'm thankful for the $$ we've gotten, but it isn't a lot."

DeMarco also clarified Adult Swim's May 16 press release, which said that the network is developing "new original anime programming" for Toonami's return. Toonami will not have original titles created specifically for the programming block, "just new acquisitions." DeMarco said that he personally "love[s] One Piece and would love to see it on CN again" along with Gundam Wing. Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, Fairy Tail, and Inuyasha: The Final Act are some of the "many shows we've been looking at" or discussed.

DeMarco confirmed that Steven Blum will reprise his role of Tom, which "will be an updated hi-res version of Tom 3.0" aboard a slightly different but almost identical version of the spaceship Absolution. However, the character Sara will not appear for now ("costs too much to make"), and Peter Cullen will not be the voice of the block's promos due to his busy work schedule. The anime titles will keep their theme songs, and Toonami "will make our own 'pre' intros."

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'd be willing to watch P&SG on Toonami honestly just to see how they could do it. That and I trust Funi's VAs to make it decent. They made OP decent, after all. OP's another I wouldn't mind seeing.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Even if they don't show anything you like, watch the shit in the background anyways.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Even if they don't show anything you like, watch the shit in the background anyways.
    lol I pass out with CN on every night, so I'm helping!

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Also:

Q: Who is responsible for the April 1st event? What about Toonami returning?
    A: Mike Lazzo, senior executive VP of Adult Swim, was responsible for the April Fools event and probably responsible for bringing it back too. Mike Lazzo was the guy who pitched the idea of an action cartoon block originally in '97 and hired Sean Akins and Jason DeMarco to develop what we now know as Toonami. Fan support and reaction to the April Fools joke ultimately convinced the AS team to return Toonami.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast