FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'm not super high level with my DH, but I fucking love bola shot.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I just unlocked Volatile Explosives not long after posting and the 14' AOE makes it own face especially when my Templar can rush stun a whole group of enemies.

Gave 5$ to bg and all I could think of was this lousy title.
    -____-

BG Level

My turn:

When you browse the AH, is there really no "attack +x" option?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You mean like damage + like some rings have? Yeah I ran into that as well.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Can someone give me a rundown of what the base stats do? Maybe I'm just dwelling too long on the FF mindset, but I think I noticed that adding STR said that my "protection" went up...?

All I really know for sure is...
    STR = +damage
    VIT = +HP

Oh, also... what does dual-wielding one-handed weapons achieve? Do you alternate which weapon you use per swing, does it make them faster, is the damage just added together?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Can someone give me a rundown of what the base stats do? Maybe I'm just dwelling too long on the FF mindset, but I think I noticed that adding STR said that my "protection" went up...?

All I really know for sure is...
    STR = +damage
    VIT = +HP

Oh, also... what does dual-wielding one-handed weapons achieve? Do you alternate which weapon you use per swing, does it make them faster, is the damage just added together?
    If you hover over the stats they tell you what they do, STR is only +dmg for barbs, it gives additional armor or something to other classes, DEX = dmg for DH and MNK also gives dodge, INT = dmg for wd and wiz and gives resistance to all classes, vit just universally gives hp w/ no special bonuses per class.
    Not 100% sure on DW but i think it averages dmgs for dps and gives 15ias? think its avg or alternates
    think for the most part dw is for stats tho, i know i do more dmg w/ 1h bow + quiver usually up to now (lv60dh) than i do w/ 2x 1h bows

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I think anything dual wielded just switches between the two weapons per hit, as opposed to doing any sort of averaged damage calculation. I'm really not sure what purpose it holds at present, or if Blizzard just fucked up a formula somewhere that's keeping it from being worthwhile.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Soooo... Just got home and logged on.. all my shit is gone. Played one co-op game ever last night with people that were friends (or so I thought) never have shared acct info with anyone nor do I click on questionable links/downloads. Can they roll this shit back or am I SOL and just go back a few areas and start collecting my gear again?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    Soooo... Just got home and logged on.. all my shit is gone. Played one co-op game ever last night with people that were friends (or so I thought) never have shared acct info with anyone nor do I click on questionable links/downloads. Can they roll this shit back or am I SOL and just go back a few areas and start collecting my gear again?
    Do you have an authenticator? Blizzard has a support forum for this, go check it out and see if they can help.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I don't just DLed the iPhone one though (too late now). Solo forever until they fix this shit lol.

Edit:
    Not really familiar with the method they are using to hack the accounts now but I remember ppl saying it happened in public games. Do they have to be in the game to do this or can they just pull info from your game if it's 'open'. If they have to be in the game there was 1 guy I was playing with who was a friend-of-a-friend that I didn't know... might of been them... Anyone know how this works?

Edit:
    HAHAHA guy on blizzard support says "Yup you were compromised I see your account being accessed by someone in China?" fuck me. Oh well ~4 lost levels and about 100k missing gold + a few items I think I'll live.

Gave 5$ to bg and all I could think of was this lousy title.
    -____-

BG Level

Can anyone help me in hell? Pretty advanced in a quest from act 1 but if I join a public game it puts me back at the beginning of it and I just don't wanna.

DecardKain#1618

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

joining games puts you at that game's progression. make a game yourself, and remember to hit "select quest" to resume where you left off.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    You alternate weapons on each hit. I dunno if it increases attack speed at all. My weapons are never anywhere within league of each other so for me, speaking as a barb, it always makes more sense to use sword and board as I want to hit mobs with my most powerful weapon every time.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

What's the ideal DPS / HP in order to get into Inferno? Any resist gear requires for Act IV - Hell ?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Question

Currently Level 58 (a couple bubbles from 59) WD. Have been using 2handers with +VIT since like level 30. I currently have 42k health and 2800dps unbuffed (5500 with 5mobs around). I run like 1200 VIT. Currently working my way to Azmodan in Act3 Hell, already past the miniboss. Bears do a ton of damage so I'm very tanky, fight everything up close.

Should I switch to a 1hander+Shield/Mojo, or continue to grab 2H with VIT?

My current 2H is 430dps with 110VIT. There are affordable 1H on AH with 30-40vit and 450dps, as well as mojos with 150vit. There are also 2H's with 600+dps and 100-200vit. Which route should I go to finish off Hell?

You're at a solid HP number there for Hell, so I'd say shoot for more DPS.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Just started act1 hell on DH; 3800 dps and 25k HP. More vit or not?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

In act IV now on normal and wanted to go back to act I to look for black mushroom/dev crypt. However, it says that when I go to an old quest I will lose all progress since then, does that mean it wipes quests past then or just my checkpoint? I'm confused D: how to farrrrrmmm

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

If you go back to quest 1 and then to act IV it wil lsend you back to the start of that quest

Aka if you were next to Diablo in Prime evil and restore to Act1

When you go back to actIV you wont be next to diablo but at the start of the quest Prime Evil in A4

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Ok thanks.