Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What's a good place to farm for equipment that will let me attempt inferno act 1? I was hoping I'd be able to farm in act one but it doesn't look like that's going to be possible yet. I'm thinking either act 3 or 4 in hell, but I'm not sure if I should just like run through the entire act, focus on specific boss runs, or just kill champions/elites onry. I'm a barb if it matters.

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    What's a good place to farm for equipment that will let me attempt inferno act 1? I was hoping I'd be able to farm in act one but it doesn't look like that's going to be possible yet. I'm thinking either act 3 or 4 in hell, but I'm not sure if I should just like run through the entire act, focus on specific boss runs, or just kill champions/elites onry. I'm a barb if it matters.
    Farm gold anywhere in Hell with gold finder gear. Then camp the AH for cheap shit.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sounds like dungeon diving in D3 went back a full letter and became C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control. /sadface

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Sounds like dungeon diving in D3 went back a full letter and became C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control. /sadface
    In my opinion it's really not worth the time to "farm" for items, because you will just randomly come across them.

It's better to just purchase the best possible DPS weapon you can find, or armor, and sell your lesser findings that do not benefit you.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If only I was able to access the ah without leaving my game and losing all my valor, then I'd be perfectly happy playing the economy barbarian.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

In response to this image from the "Show us your legendaries" thread:
    Spoiler: show

What the heck is "Physical Resistance"?

Sorry for the noob questions, I'm only Lv18 at the moment (haven't had a lot of time to play). Feel free to just say "Check the in-game tooltip" if it happens to be in the stat window somewhere. I'm not currently where I can check, but I'll look later.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Physical resistance is quite literally physical damage mitigation. Armor mitigates all damage, but on top of that you can increase resistance to the different elements and physical damage. Or stack Resist All or intelligence to increase all of it at once.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

um just got an update anyone know what for?

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    um just got an update anyone know what for?
    probably for that wizard bullshit

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'd think the AH would be a lot bigger priority right now for them...

Anyone want to do coop nightmare? im at the zoltan kule quest line. rl friends left me in the dust while @ work. vandish#1799

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So I think I got hacked... but funny thing is the guy only took 250k gold and not my gear (though it sucks, so understandable).

He still is on my flist, though offline, so I assume he removed me so I can't see his activity. So my question is: after submitting the ticket, should I expect anything to be done? Either the gold or something to punish the fucker would make me happy.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

When searching for a weapon on the AH with Attack Speed + is that factored into the big DPS number on the weapon? Also is Str factored in? I would imagine STR can't be since it depends on a lot more stuff to determine how useful it is.

Edit: Also curious about priority on resists and armor and shit. Which percents are factored in first and what is the order? Like does Armor cut all damage by 60% for example, then arcane resist cut the already cut damage by an additional 20%, or does it just cut the original by 80% Certainly it doesn't just cut the original number then you could easily get over 100% on things? The order of the cuts would make a pretty big difference. Anyone know the order?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

STR, DEX and INT are damage modifiers for classes, not weapon DPS. I could buy a 2 handed axe with +180 INT and no STR on it as a wizard and get far more damage from it than a barbarian. It seems that the universal stats like added elemental damage and attack speed are added in to the DPS, but not core stat boosts as that would be different depending on what class was viewing the weapon.

As for the other question, I'm not entirely sure. I wouldn't be surprised if the order was based on your core stat though. Like monks and DH being dodge first, barbarians being armor, and wizards and WDs being resists. (That's just a guess though, I haven't really bothered to check into it at all)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Resists and Armor are multiplied, it doesn't matter which goes before or after. I believe shield is applied last, and dodge first, with resists in between? I'm assuming "Reduces damag taken from melee/ranged" is multiplied with armor and resist also. (Meaning 7000armor, 700all resists, -25% melee would take 6.75% melee damage from a level 60 mob.

BG Level

I suppose there is no way to cancel a bid on the AH? (Bidded on good gloves for my Wiz yesterday but since it died, i don't need them anymore, kinda want my 25k back)

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Nope. Better hope someone outbids you. Or make a new Wizard.

BG Level

Then someone come outbid me! lol

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Then someone come outbid me! lol
    This is why you don't bid on things. A lot can happen before it ends including finding an upgrade or something similar.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Is there a way to appear offline to one's real ID/friends? My boss wanted my info and I couldn't come up with a polite way to decline without offending.